Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob Shoop to Tennessee makes sense for both parties.

Well connected in the mid state TN and will bolster recruiting.

We are extremely attractive to a DC.

Loaded up with young talent and star upperclassmen.

Absolutely. Great opportunity to come in and compete at the highest level right away. Butch may or may not 'already have his guy', but you have to imagine that a lot of great DCs will at least kick the tires to see if there's a fit.

Bob Shoop to Tennessee makes sense for both parties.

Well connected in the mid state TN and will bolster recruiting.

If we somehow get Shoop and keep Sutton, JRM, Kamara.....

kermit-fap.gif

Reactions: 4 people
Geez, I go away from the board for a bit and you guys are shaking the staff up.

I don't think I ask too much...next time, give me a heads-up, okay?

Reactions: 1 person
Well to their defense they are disagreeing with Wes

Yes and if you notice Wes's little comment he's making, it's soooooo We$.

"the worst kept secret in the world is....."

^^This is Wes's way of downplaying news that VQ was bringing weeks ago and Wes never was able to report.

I am gona be in a Gump free zone all next week. Not watching game either. I'm glad the coaching thing is shaking down because I swore to no Volnation also. Just me and my gal. Over/under that I'm in the bathroom with the shower going checking this thread?

Yes and if you notice Wes's little comment he's making, it's soooooo We$.

"the worst kept secret in the world is....."

^^This is Wes's way of downplaying news that VQ was bringing weeks ago and Wes never was able to report.

Wes is a glorified Bleacher Report writer now. He writes clickbait all day and never breaks news.

Elite. Those rankings at Vandy are absurdly good. That was 2* talent.

You always have to be cautious when looking at football stats on one side of the ball.

A big reason that Vandy's defensive stats are always good is because teams know that they can be vanilla and still beat them. A good coach knows that if he protects the ball and can score 21-24 points he can beat Vandy by 10 to 14 points without breaking a sweat.

It is part of the reason that our D looked good in our down years. Think back to Wilcox during the Dooley era. Or even Jancek's time here when we couldn't move the ball on O.

A bad offense can indirectly make the defensive numbers look good.

The number one thing that makes a defense great is "can they get stops when they need them most?"

JMO

I will be excited if we get shoop although I am not ready to instantly say it will make us better. The adjustment period might not translate.

On paper it would be an upgrade.

Wes is a glorified Bleacher Report writer now. He writes clickbait all day and never breaks news.

He is the worst. He tries to sound so smart and always tries to play the smarta$$ card. The bad thing is he has no actual knowledge of any sport actually X's and O's wise. He is like a generic wannabe Dan le betard except taller and looks more like Vincent vangoh

You always have to be cautious when looking at football stats on one side of the ball.

A big reason that Vandy's defensive stats are always good is because teams know that they can be vanilla and still beat them. A good coach knows that if he protects the ball and can score 21-24 points he can beat Vandy by 10 to 14 points without breaking a sweat.

It is part of the reason that our D looked good in our down years. Think back to Wilcox during the Dooley era. Or even Jancek's time here when we couldn't move the ball on O.

The number one thing that makes a defense great is "can they get stops when they need them most?"

JMO

This is a good point

Originally Posted by jasonvol18 View Post
Shop is also a secondary coach so possibly Martinez is out and opens up a QB Coach position. Curious to how this plays out. Got a feeling this isn't the last coaching change.

So, this was VFL34's response in the FF:

Your feelings serve you well..... -Obi wan kenobi

Reactions: 2 people

JMO

That's true, but here are Vandy's stats before Shoop arrived:

2003: 78th
2004: 72nd
2005: 74th
2006: 78th
2007: 13th
2008: 28th
2009: 64th
2010: 92nd

So they had a couple of decent years, but were mostly terrible before he arrived. He made it consistently good. It also tanked to 64th the year after he left, although that could be due to Mason switching to the 3-4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back