Clever Game Day signs

Or we should have someone hold up a sign every time it's clear that Memphis fans are about to clap (after introductions, foul shots, etc.) that says "If you're slappy and you know it clap your hands".

alright let's settle a few things. I said I have a problem with it because I saw people getting screwed over because it. I never said anyone was a bad guy or a bad coach because they do it. I just don't like it. I'm not blowing smoke out of anything (btw, solid Christian thing to say I40). It's my personal experience and I don't like it.

I've seen it both ways. Coaches showing favoritism and coaches being way too hard on their kid. The favoritism really sucks because then talented kids aren't getting a fair shake. From what I've seen of coaches being way too hard on their kids, these coaches spend way too much time making sure their kid understands everything while forgetting some of the other players.

AGAIN THOUGH, I never once said anything about you I40, unless you have a son who is 26, was maybe the 4th best bballer on the team some 17 years ago, yet you elected him to go to the All-Star game over two players that wound up playing minor college ball. If that's you, then yes, I do have a problem with you.
i'll be the first to apoligize, i should not have said what i did...but that did get under my skin a little. No thats not me that you have a problem with...i am 36 with 2 boys 8 & 10 and another child on the way....:eek:k:

I currently have a "Slappy Gilmore" poster in works.

Also I had an idea for a picture of the cover of Blue Chips but with this picture of CDR
DOUGLASROBERTS_CHRIS150.JPG
and it would be entitled "Baked Lays" instead.

I'm busy with classes for a while an don't really have time to make them so if anyone has photoshop and likes these ideas then have at it...

i'll be the first to apoligize, i should not have said what i did...but that did get under my skin a little. No thats not me that you have a problem with...i am 36 with 2 boys 8 & 10 and another child on the way....:eek:k:

no problem. I'm sure there are some great father/son combos out there. Unfortunately in my experiences in Jr Pro Basketball and Little League, I never saw it. I just saw plenty of the other side and first impressions typically leave the biggest mark. Even now, I've reffed some Jr basketball and I've seen both sides. It's just not my cup of tea. I'd love to coach when I have the free time to do it, I just don't ever see myself coaching my son or daughter's teams.

Ok according to utsports.com...

"Coach Pearl and the Tennessee Volunteers invite all fans to attend ESPN's College Gameday show at the FedExForum in Memphis Saturday.

Come watch ESPN's College Gameday with hosts Rece Davis, Digger Phelps, Hubert Davis and Jay Bilas at 10 a.m. CT. The Live SportsCenter program begins at 9 a.m.

Gates open at 8 a.m. and admission is FREE.

***Try to beat the record crowd last week at Indiana***"

According to Memphis (wmctv.com)...

"Schedule of Events for Saturday (Feb. 23)

* 9am - Doors open for ESPN GameDay
* 10am-11am - ESPN GameDay
* 11am-Noon - First Tennessee Tiger Town featuring the University of Memphis Pep Band
* 3:30pm-7:30pm - First Tennessee Tiger Town on the main plaza in front of FedExForum
* 4pm-5:45pm - Live band performance by Further Down (www.furtherdown.us)
* 5:45pm-6:15pm - UofM Pep Rally featuring the U of M Pep Band/Pom Squad/Cheerleaders
* 6:30pm - Doors open to the public
* 6:30pm-7:45pm Live band performance by Perspective (MySpace.com - Perspective - MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Rock / Alternative / Pop - www.myspace.com/perspective)
* 8pm - Tip-Off

*Only fans with a ticket to the Feb. 23rd game or a valid U of M Student ID will be allowed admission to ESPN Game Day activities and the event will be capped at 3,500 participants."

Uhhh so which is right??? All I had heard since the beginning was what Memphis is saying...but why are there two completely different stories now?

Near the end of the UAB/Memphis game, a UAB fan prematurely held up a sign, but I think it was more about (sp) than anything, it read "We beat Mempis".:eek:lol:

Near the end of the UAB/Memphis game, a UAB fan prematurely held up a sign, but I think it was more about (sp) than anything, it read "We beat Mempis".:eek:lol:

Actually I think you are talking about one that said " We beat Memphis - not our women".

I think that you could also use the tiger from the wizard of oz and have a caption like "Hey Rozier, stop hitting Dorothy!"

"King" Jerry Lawler slapped Kauffman
"King" Elvis slapped the floor
Dozier slapped is Trick
Niles slapped some more
Loften slaps Memphis with 30
The tigers are #1 no more!

Just get this blown up as a sign.. At least 30 fans should have this and they should all be sitting in different sections...

mwmem8_t600.jpg
[/IMG]

i understand that. However, as I had to state in an earlier thread, I had problems growing up in jr leagues with fathers coaching sons and it made me hate the whole Wade/Allan thing and it's something I never got over. I still hate fathers coaching their sons at any level and I still don't care about UT basketball.

This may have been stated already... but, I'll say it anyway. If you "don't care about UT basketball", what are you doing perusing a thread about the UT Memphis basketball game on a UT message board??? Just a question... If you don't care about UT basketball - then the only reason your hear is to stir things up - that's not good!:peace2:

VN Store

Back