Recruiting Forum Football Talk XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a pic of Dobbs in that gallery that shows he's lost a ton of hair on the back of his head.

I feel sorry for him...well, as much as you can possibly feel sorry for someone with a genius IQ who also happens to be the beloved starting QB for the Vols.

Do not be surprised if Richmond is starting at one of the tackle positions sooner rather than later. Butch views Drew as a Tunsil/Cam Robinson immediate impact type of tackle and wants him in the lineup asap.

The part about wanting more physicality at center is 100% true also.

LWS said Richmond wasn't ready physically or schematically to take a spot. Effectively no one yet was. I want what you say to be true but not in a better than horrible scenario. We need real progress.

LWS said Richmond wasn't ready physically or schematically to take a spot. Effectively no one yet was. I want what you say to be true but not in a better than horrible scenario. We need real progress.

There's 7 guys that will legitimately push for PT on the line this season.

Kendrick (T)
Richmond (T)
Jackson (G)
Robertson (G/C)
Crowder (C)
Thomas (C)
Kerbyson (T/G)

There's a bevy of potential lineups that could be shuffled after we see these guys in fall camp. Some of the staff is torn on Richmond but Butch is the ringleader of the camp that wants Richmond in immediately. If we have problems at center with Crowder and Thomas doesn't step up, I think we could easily see a Kendrick/Jackson/JRob/Kerbyson/Richmond lineup.

Reactions: 1 person
Drew Richmond on the right?

11223409.jpeg

Whoever it is may be the same person as the guy in the bottom right of this pic:

11223407.jpeg

I only know of three guys on the team with dreads that long: JRM, Maggitt, and Pearson. The first two are accounted for in the pic, but Mysterious Dreadlocks Dude (MDD henceforth) appears to be much shorter than Pearson's listed height.

Whoever it is may be the same person as the guy in the bottom right of this pic:

11223407.jpeg

I only know of three guys on the team with dreads that long: JRM, Maggitt, and Pearson. The first two are accounted for in the pic, but Mysterious Dreadlocks Dude (MDD henceforth) appears to be much shorter than Pearson's listed height.

Doesn't Kamara have dreads?

They aren't dumb enough to do a solo pic of VP if he was there. I could see a background pic maybe but not solo pic like that. It could be a walk on or maybe that Joe young guy he has dreads but I don't think he is light skinned

Another training/exercise question though:

What running shoe have any of you guys had good success with? I just ordered a pair of Brooks shoes. Never used them before. Hoping it helps. I have been having pain in my left knee. I think it's tendonitis. Been resting it this week. And hoping these new shoes will help.

I agree with RockyTop85, running stores can be a big help. They addressed the overpronate problem I had with running. Specific to your question, they recommended a Brooks shoe for stability. I'm cheap so I freaked out at the price, but after buying, I don't regret. It's been the best pair I've owned and now I spend the money for Brooks. I wear my Brooks for more than running. I have a bad knee too and like the support they give. My son runs cross country and he chose the new version of Nike Pegasus (Brooks was his 2nd choice), also recommended by same running store based on his running style. I haven't tried them but he loves them. Hope this helps.

I agree with RockyTop85, running stores can be a big help. They addressed the overpronate problem I had with running. Specific to your question, they recommended a Brooks shoe for stability. I'm cheap so I freaked out at the price, but after buying, I don't regret. It's been the best pair I've owned and now I spend the money for Brooks. I wear my Brooks for more than running. I have a bad knee too and like the support they give. My son runs cross country and he chose the new version of Nike Pegasus (Brooks was his 2nd choice), also recommended by same running store based on his running style. I haven't tried them but he loves them. Hope this helps.

Asics and Brooks are the two best, imo. Those are easily our best sellers for serious runners but they are a popular shoe overall as well. You can find pronation support in any brand really but for my money, the best is the Asics Dynamic Duomax support system that comes in their stability models.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back