Another letter from class of '15

Link to letter

Clearly, no one sought the opinions of the athletes themselves.

And the ones who have spoken out have been ignored. Also all the tweets the current Lady Vols sent out on July 1 were pretty much ignored. The softball team etc.

Still have not heard one Lady Vol come out in support of this...had some on here post they had "friends" who were LVs and were just great with it....uh huh...I asked for names (after all supporting the AD's decision is a no risk stance) but never got a response. I call BS until someone who makes those statements provides verification. Until then, just trolls and haters, and there are plenty of them crawling out to post on this site.

Thanks, Volly

Related
Newell Sisters Part I - AJ Newell - Lady Vol Golf
In "#bringbacktheladyvols"
Jodie McGroarty Jones - Lady Vol Swimming and Diving 2008-2013
Jasmine Brown - Lady Vol Volleyball 2009-2012
In "#bringbackourladyvols"
3 thoughts on “Aslynn Halvorson – Lady Vol Track and Field 2009-2014”

Kelsey Kane at graduation was a good one too.

Reactions: 6 people
You know as a fan we get all torn up if the university adds a color to the uniforms, say like black. It been well noted that the blue hairs are going to pull their money when this happens, but I have not heard of one person call out the light blue of the Lady Vols uniforms.

Its seems that traditions have to start and end somewhere in time, lets all take a breath and take in the new uniforms and support our young athletes because at the end of the day it those New students that is going to grow our Tennessee Brand.

I doubt they will every stop calling them Lady Vols, just the threads they wear will look different.

You make the new students nervous, they are anxious to show there excitement out of respect.

Attachments

• school colors.jpg
    school colors.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Changing tradition sometimes does not go well and sometimes does not go at all.

I suspect that many fans and, as it appears, Lady Vol athletes, likely will continue to refer to women who participate in sports at UT as Lady Vols.

I know that as long as I live, I will refer to all UT female athletes as Lady Vols in conversations, women's basketball notwitchstanding. I am a creature of habit and possibly in this case a little rebellious. I will refer to the women's basketball team as Lady Vols (official name) and the softball team and all other women's sports teams as Lady Vols (no longer official), too.

I take the long haul view. Time will tell whether the term "Lady Vols" fades away or is reinstated for all women's teams in 5 or 10 or some number of years in the future. No doubt one thing is true. If athletes and fans (not coaches or administration) don't continue to use the term "Lady Vols", it will fade away.

Reactions: 3 people
Changing tradition sometimes does not go well and sometimes does not go at all.

I suspect that many fans and, as it appears, Lady Vol athletes, likely will continue to refer to women who participate in sports at UT as Lady Vols.

I know that as long as I live, I will refer to all UT female athletes as Lady Vols in conversations, women's basketball notwitchstanding. I am a creature of habit and possibly in this case a little rebellious. I will refer to the women's basketball team as Lady Vols (official name) and the softball team and all other women's sports teams as Lady Vols (no longer official), too.

I take the long haul view. Time will tell whether the term "Lady Vols" fades away or is reinstated for all women's teams in 5 or 10 or some number of years in the future. No doubt one thing is true. If athletes and fans (not coaches or administration) don't continue to use the term "Lady Vols", it will fade away.

Lady Vols hasn't been banned. It's just not going to be printed on logos. That will include the basketball team after a weaning off time (prolly 3-4 years). I'm confident the vast majority will continue to refer to them as Lady Vols, so if you want to be "rebellious"? Campaign for the Confederate flag. :aggressive:

Curious...was the underlined an error or Freudian slip. :)

Last edited:
If you have a male team and a female team, they will need to be identified as the men's team or women's team. Why not just eliminate the problem and let the women continue to be Lady Vols? It is not like they are the only college that identifies their women's team in that manner. ie Lady Lions, Lady Techsters, and others.

Reactions: 6 people
If you have a male team and a female team, they will need to be identified as the men's team or women's team. Why not just eliminate the problem and let the women continue to be Lady Vols? It is not like they are the only college that identifies their women's team in that manner. ie Lady Lions, Lady Techsters, and others.

Actually that's not the case. Tennessee and Oklahoma State were the only two remaining schools to completely separate men's and women's sports according to this article. I grew up calling them the Lady Vols and always will. Hell, they're not saying you will go to jail for calling them the Lady Vols, it's exclusively for branding purposes. That's it. Like I said, I will always refer to them as the Lady Vols and so will probably the announcers and everyone else they just won't have it on their jerseys and such.

http://www.journalgazette.net/sports/colleges/Ttennessee-fans-unite-to-keep-Lady-Vols-7406616

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Political correctness trumps everything. Best way to fight back is not buy VOL Nike gear. Difficult to do.

Reactions: 5 people
Fight fight fight! :rock2:

Nike sets record sales in Tennessee! :rock2:

Fans still call Tennessee women teams Lady Vols! :rock2:

Life goes on! :rock2:

Reactions: 1 person
And the ones who have spoken out have been ignored. Also all the tweets the current Lady Vols sent out on July 1 were pretty much ignored. The softball team etc.

Still have not heard one Lady Vol come out in support of this...had some on here post they had "friends" who were LVs and were just great with it....uh huh...I asked for names (after all supporting the AD's decision is a no risk stance) but never got a response. I call BS until someone who makes those statements provides verification. Until then, just trolls and haters, and there are plenty of them crawling out to post on this site.

Thanks, Volly

Related
Newell Sisters Part I - AJ Newell - Lady Vol Golf
Jodie McGroarty Jones - Lady Vol Swimming and Diving 2008-2013
Jasmine Brown - Lady Vol Volleyball 2009-2012
In "#bringbackourladyvols"
3 thoughts on “Aslynn Halvorson – Lady Vol Track and Field 2009-2014”

Kelsey Kane at graduation was a good one too.

It'd be cool if we see little baby blue ribbons all over the place at the different Lady Vol events next year. And, also on the Lady Vols.

Not sure what you mean?

Well, ostensibly, the reason behind dropping "Lady Vols" was that it would make the UTAD, the athletes, the fan base and the whole University all "one Tennessee". Which I would have thought we already were; I guess we weren't. Unfortunately, the result seems to be a UT divided into camps - Nike haters, Nike lovers, the women atheletes & their fans who feel dissed, happy women haters, etc.

Well, ostensibly, the reason behind dropping "Lady Vols" was that it would make the UTAD, the athletes, the fan base and the whole University all "one Tennessee". Which I would have thought we already were; I guess we weren't. Unfortunately, the result seems to be a UT divided into camps - Nike haters, Nike lovers, the women atheletes & their fans who feel dissed, happy women haters, etc.

Big stretch...I think it's more along the lines of people who have accepted reality vs those who have deceived themselves into thinking that they can change reality.

Lady Vols hasn't been banned. It's just not going to be printed on logos. That will include the basketball team after a weaning off time (prolly 3-4 years). I'm confident the vast majority will continue to refer to them as Lady Vols, so if you want to be "rebellious"? Campaign for the Confederate flag. :aggressive:

Curious...was the underlined an error or Freudian slip. :)
Regency-International-Sitting-Witch-Figurine.jpg
Probably not what he/she had in mind.

Reactions: 1 person
Political correctness trumps everything. Best way to fight back is not buy VOL Nike gear. Difficult to do.

You poor guy, you really think this has anything to do with being PC? This has everything to do with branding and marketing.

You poor guy, you really think this has anything to do with being PC? This has everything to do with branding and marketing.

He doesn't need to be right. Ask him about Amanda Knox. :)

It has absolutely nothing to do with branding and marketing. The branding and marketing regarding the Lady Vols name are just a smokescreen.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back