Another letter from class of '15

No, I did not. For a SEC school with this kind of football program...it is the industry standard.

It does not cost NIKE a dollar more or a dollar less, as anyone who follows Oregon can attest.

No, I did not. For a SEC school with this kind of football program...it is the industry standard.

It does not cost NIKE a dollar more or a dollar less, as anyone who follows Oregon can attest.

Lady Ducks raking in the bucks? :)

I didn't answer your question. It was never tracked beyond the bar code. UT is not in the apparel business. They are paid to NOT be in the apparel business by Adidas and NIKE.

I didn't answer your question. It was never tracked beyond the bar code. UT is not in the apparel business. They are paid to NOT be in the apparel business by Adidas and NIKE.

The numbers determining profitability? How much Lady Vols? How much regular Vols? Adidas and Nike before them kept track...right?

Expected "more " what? Self-righteousness and sanctimony? I clicked on that to express support for rehiring Pearl if Zo left. It wasn't a vote to fire him and the bellyaching and gnashing of teeth from the Zo worshippers is reminiscent of some of the junk on these threads. :)

The numbers determining profitability? How much Lady Vols? How much regular Vols? Adidas and Nike before them kept track...right?

I don't think so. Think Green Day. They probably printed their own shirts at one time. But eventually it got too big. So they ink a deal with a company and they sell their rights and they get a royalty for every shirt sold through the license.

They have a variety of shirts, but the band doesn't know or care which sells better than the other, this is the job of the company they signed with to decipher.

I don't think so. Think Green Day. They probably printed their own shirts at one time. But eventually it got too big. So they ink a deal with a company and they sell their rights and they get a royalty for every shirt sold through the license.

They have a variety of shirts, but the band doesn't know or care which sells better than the other, this is the job of the company they signef with to decipher.

So no one knows how much the Lady Vols brand made before? So no comparison can be made a year from now? Discussion just got funner. :)

So no one knows how much the Lady Vols brand made before? So no comparison can be made a year from now? Discussion just got funner. :)

A lady vols shirt at 29.99 made the same profit as a men's shirt at the same price. Is it worth it to the company to make the shirt? Hart can't answer that question.

A lady vols shirt at 29.99 made the same profit as a men's shirt at the same price. Is it worth it to the company to make the shirt? Hart can't answer that question.

I can. Sell the shirt. This crap's easy! :wink2:

After sleeping on it...if Hart and company could put a dollar amount on the Lady Vols issue, that is to say, it costs this or that,by getting rid of it we get this or that...they would not have gotten as much flack from those of us on the fence about it.

They have yet to do that, they are not going to do it, so to answer your question...Adidas would know, with the ability to track their unique bar code exactly what has sold well...I believe that is not the driving force behind this move, otherwise the financial motivation would be out there and you and I would not be having this discussion.

Reactions: 2 people
We are getting roughly $750,000 less per year over the life of the contract for 4% more of the apparel sales doesn't seem like a great deal to me. We'll have to have $20,000,000 more per year in apparel sales to make up the difference.

They mentioned the other day about the history making apparel sales day where they had 1500 purchases at $100 per purchase. We only have to have 133 more days like that over and above what they did with Adidas just for the deal to break even. Man, the BOT, Joe, Jimmy and Dave are a bunch of financial geniuses.

We are getting roughly $750,000 less per year over the life of the contract for 4% more of the apparel sales doesn't seem like a great deal to me. We'll have to have $20,000,000 more per year in apparel sales to make up the difference.

Also, the unlimited equipment aspect of the deal is just a gimmick. Our deal with Adidas also included equipment. There was probably some large cap on it so that we might have had to write a check to Adidas for some of our equipment but I bet the difference is very minor. I'd love to know the details of that.

If I start responding to my own quotes, do I get extra credit? :)

Note the date of the article...a few details got worked out since then. And it's freaking Portland! :)

I'm sure some minor details got changed, but the main points seem to be the same. I still think the Nike deal is better for UT in the long run than their partnership with adidas was. Also, the media in Portland/Oregon cover Nike really closely since it's based there. The Kish guy that wrote the article is one of the better reporters that covers Nike.

I'm sure some minor details got changed, but the main points seem to be the same. I still think the Nike deal is better for UT in the long run than their partnership with adidas was. Also, the media in Portland/Oregon cover Nike really closely since it's based there. The Kish guy that wrote the article is one of the better reporters that covers Nike.

Don't even bother responding to DA's posts. You're wasting your breath. If the Portland media doesn't understand this deal then no one does. They can't seem to believe we took it.

Let's suppose we sold $10 million of VOL GEAR. With Adidas we got $2 million per year plus 9% or $2 million plus $900 thousand or $2.9 million. With Nike we get $1.25 million plus $1.3 million or $2.55 million. At $20 million with Adidas we got $2.9 plus $1.8 or $3.7 million and with Nike we get $1.25 plus $2.6 or $3.85 million. So, we have to have close to $20,000,000 in apparel sales just to break even. We sold $150,000 in one day the other day which was an historical record which the UTAD trumped as a great success. Now, we only need 133 more historical days to reach that break even point. Hope this explanation is more understandable. We got taken to the wood shed.

Reactions: 1 person
P.S.-This is also for one year only-we have to have 133 historical days every year and even more historical days later in the contract. If you look at the Nike contract that number falls later on in the contract so we have to have even higher historical days just to break even. We got hosed. BOT, you are a bunch of geniuses.

Don't even bother responding to DA's posts. You're wasting your breath. If the Portland media doesn't understand this deal then no one does. They can't seem to believe we took it.

Capitalize the initials for Dumb A**? Such a dandy little PC liberal. :) Portland,OREGON thinks we shouldn't do business with Nike huh? This gold is why I can't stay off these threads! :w00t:

VN Store

Back