Nike Jersey's leaked

Hmmmmm.......idea for next year's alumni game at the O&W game??

Who here wants to see TS throw the 34 on again?? Show of hands?? (*raises hand*)

Heck, take him to Gainesville and let him throw it on and torch the Gators again! We can just switch his name to Stephen Travis, they'll never know!

I don't think anyone has mentioned this, but I like the checkerboard as a portion of the stripe at the end... it is like the end zone... the destination of the stripe. Definitely don't want a whole checkerboard stripe, but the bit at the end works for me.

I said repeatedly and literally for years that there would have to be a substantial change in thinking (like a total leadership change) and that UT would have to take less money (which they did) to switch to Nike. After the Adidas contract twice being extended while I said those things, both eventually happened. When they did, we moved to Nike.

I have never claimed to work in the department. I read here because I enjoy it. I post when I see misinformation and I know enough to correct it.

Bottom line, if you don't like what I post, there's an ignore button to the left.

I don't know you, but saying what what you think may or may not happen in the future with contracts (or anything else) has nothing to do with your knowledge on anything current. i.e. just because you aren't a fortune teller, doesn't mean you don't know what's what.

I really like the checkerboard on the football unis. But on the basketball ones, it just doesn't make sense. There is no basketball checkerboard endzone.

I really like the checkerboard on the football unis. But on the basketball ones, it just doesn't make sense. There is no basketball checkerboard endzone.

The checkerboard in the football endzone is because of the design of one of the buildings on campus.

Therefore, the checkerboard on the basketball uniform is the same.

Not an end zone necessarily, but there are checkerboards on the court.

I'm not trying to be rude.... but really? There are no checkerboard end zones because there are no end zones in basketball, however, here is a picture of both sides of the floor in TBA:

Reactions: 3 people

There was once a checkerboard arena. Idk, orange and white checkers pretty much screams Tennessee to me, no matter the environment

Reactions: 3 people
There was once a checkerboard arena. Idk, orange and white checkers pretty much screams Tennessee to me, no matter the environment

Not an end zone necessarily, but there are checkerboards on the court.

The checkerboard in the football endzone is because of the design of one of the buildings on campus.

Therefore, the checkerboard on the basketball uniform is the same.

:mf_surrender:

Okay, I concede. Just not my favorite. The basketball uniforms did need a change.

Thompson-Boling%20Arena%20Tickets.jpg

Checkerboard on a field looks fine. Checkerboard on a uni or helmet = not fine. I think Maryland had some checkerboard-like design on its uniforms recently--part of why it was the ugliest uniform I'd ever seen. This shows that we've had checkerboard on our tops before--never noticed it--and we made the ugly list. Not sure what year this was.
The 17 Worst College Football Uniform Designs, Ranked

Last edited:
Checkerboard on a field looks fine. Checkerboard on a uni or helmet = not fine. I think Maryland had some checkerboard-like design on its uniforms recently--part of why it was the ugliest uniform I'd ever seen. This shows that we've had checkerboard on our tops before--never noticed it--and we made the ugly list. Not sure what year this was.

Yeah, not wild about checkerboard on a helmet. They didnt consult with me before making the decision, so I will let it slide this time.

For the last two years, the numbers on the jerseys had a subtle checkerboard stitching pattern. It was very soft and you had to be very close, or see a close up on tv, to notice it. Obviously, it was a nice little touch due to the fact that so many people didn't even know it was there. Was alot better than what Nike's about to throw out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back