Drayton brought to tears by Meyer?

Great coaches, and even just the good ones, are for the most part pretty well taken with themselves, i.e. ego is inflated. Where they sometimes appear to be jerks is the result more so of their "tunnel vision" and limited focus...rather than just being an ass to be an ass. I am not a fan of urban legend...his recruits will play out the next 2 years or so, and he can best be judged at that time. However, he can coach, check his results at Bowling Green for goodness sakes...not a football powerhouse. He was extremely well thought of their by fans, students, and other coaches at the school. That says something to me.

Let's face it...he is most easy to dislike cause he kicked our fannies, and won a NC in second year.

Motivation should not be a problem come 9/20, I don't think we need a new coach hurt feelings to get us ready for the gators, if so, we are in bigger trouble than I thought.

With that said I hope we wipe the smug look off of his face, in the best way possible, a VOLS win.

Great coaches, and even just the good ones, are for the most part pretty well taken with themselves, i.e. ego is inflated. Where they sometimes appear to be jerks is the result more so of their "tunnel vision" and limited focus...rather than just being an ass to be an ass. I am not a fan of urban legend...his recruits will play out the next 2 years or so, and he can best be judged at that time. However, he can coach, check his results at Bowling Green for goodness sakes...not a football powerhouse. He was extremely well thought of their by fans, students, and other coaches at the school. That says something to me.

Let's face it...he is most easy to dislike cause he kicked our fannies, and won a NC in second year.

Motivation should not be a problem come 9/20, I don't think we need a new coach hurt feelings to get us ready for the gators, if so, we are in bigger trouble than I thought.

With that said I hope we wipe the smug look off of his face, in the best way possible, a VOLS win.

you looooooovvvveeee him, you loooooovvvvveeee him

My goodness, someone is trying to use a reasonable argument, making sense, way to go! Your bottem line sums it up for me.

I'd disagree with that. There are a few coaches that have owned us that I never disliked (like the bear)

he beat us with a measure of class and dignity. You dont see that with Miles esp. Les is completely classless. As much as I love to win (almost at all costs) I would rather lose than win with Miles. I really mean that.

I had a boss like that one time. I was his assistant over a 3 shift operation. I had a wife and convictions... his wife left him and he became fond of taking the supervisors to strip clubs. I wouldn't go. Over time, he alienated me so badly that I went back to 3rd shift and eventually transferred.

Yes. The idea of proving myself because of him motivated me often when I might otherwise have coasted a little.

That kind of a grudge isn't always unhealthy and it can be a GREAT motivator.

Meyer is a narcissist. There are some people that just can't live with that.

you turned down a free trip to the strip club? :crazy:

Just as Fulmer appears to be a retarded inbred oaf with an eating disorder. Can't judge a book by its cover.

Oh, wait a sec. Crap.

http://www.volnation.com/forum/need-help/26663-forum-rules.html

3. Fans of other teams are always welcome here. However you should keep in mind that this is a Tennessee board and be respectful of that. Members who come in here just to take shots at our coach/team are only in here to start trouble and will be banned.

law is usually a pretty cool guy. something must be bothering him. :dunno:

Well, lets see. His vaunted Gators didn't play in the SECCG or win their bowl game.

I know, I know. I'll do it for you LG:

"But we still hung 59 on you guys"

if this crying stuff is true about drayton, then we should have left him in florida. man up. i'm doubting this story because of the source, however.

I think the real Meyer is now comming to light my brother and I thought some of his so called coaching during the season did him no justice ie the time out just before the field goal try at the Auburn game and I thought he was trying to run the score up on UT. Things that were within the rule book but a insight himself.

First, as some of you have pointed out, the source of this information is a player kicked off the team for repeatedly failing drug tests.

Second, Urban Meyer does not strike me as the kind of coach who would keep someone around if he was that upset with the guy. Does that make sense to you?

Third, if Meyer hated the man that much and belittled him, etc., why would he have hired him to begin with?

Fourth, even assuming its all true, do you really think that the new RB coach at UT, with a grudge against the head coach at another team, is going to work any harder to win? I mean, if you need that as your motivation, at this level, to be innovative and win SEC football games, God help you the rest of the year when you don't have similar grudges to worry about.

I find the whole thing ridiculous, petty, suspicious, and in the end much ado about nothing anyway.

I think you hit the nail on the head. This is the big time. Passion is important but I am not sure it will win championships. Knowing what you are doing and working hard are the most important things.
:salute:

I think the real Meyer is now comming to light my brother and I thought some of his so called coaching during the season did him no justice ie the time out just before the field goal try at the Auburn game and I thought he was trying to run the score up on UT. Things that were within the rule book but a insight himself.

If Meyer isn't cheating, he's not trying (like Bellichik). Keep a lookout for random film crews at spring practice. :search:

Hopefully, drayton doesn't bring that drug addict player with him up to knoxville. That's all UT needs---more drug problems.

VN Store

Back