'15 TN OT Drew Richmond (Former Ole Miss commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem that a lot of those lineman shared was the strength in their legs because the previous staff did not force them to do workouts they let them monitor their own workouts which is why Dooley's teams could only play a half worth of football.

Corey Miller, who is a good buddy of mine, said that the offensive linemen would come in and just check off boxes like they worked out and then leave. Whenever Butch's strength and conditioning staff showed up and force them to work out it caused problems in their legs because they weren't used to lifting that much weight and training that hard.

Tiny Richardson had the potential to be the first pick in the draft but pissed it away because he was lazy.

He's seen our games. He doesn't want to come in and get thrown into the fire like Coleman Thomas did. He got pushed around like a doll against teams like Oklahoma and.....Ole Miss

Unlikely. Virtually all of these top recruits see themselves as the "exceptions" who can step in and play. I suspect he thinks he starts as a Fr regardless of where he goes.

Reactions: 2 people
Tiny Richardson had the potential to be the first pick in the draft but pissed it away because he was lazy.

The film didn't lie. He made a lot of mistakes and I remember him often getting out-maneuvered because he would rely on his power rather than sound technique. If he showed the drive to want to finish strong every play and was more technically consistent he would have been drafted easy. It really did not help that he had knee problems either. When someone has a perceived work ethic problem on top of health issues, their draft stock plummets.

Reactions: 1 person
Guys I hate to break up the bang on Richardson party BUT Tiny knows the medical evaluation is where he lost his draft status in the NFL. It also cost him his final year here. He was never 100%; there's a difference between being lazy and being injured and he had some injury issues.

Reactions: 7 people
I appreciate all the hard work and effort Tiny gave UT. No matter what happened or didn't happen. I just wish he would steer players to place he called his home and represented for years!

Ole Miss really isn't that far ahead of UT IMO. They had a very easy schedule to start the season and built off of that momentum with a team full of seniors. There's a reason they're bringing so many juco's in this year and it's NOT because they are a real national championship contender. They'll never even represent the Sec West!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Yep... James, Fulton, Stone, and Richardson all from the same class. 3 of the 4 are starting in the NFL as rookies. The other being Richardson, is the only one not starting right now, and that's probably due to injury. So I doubt that he could make that claim, if he indeed did think that.

Out of the 4 most thought Tiny was the best, went from a first round pick to not even being drafted, a lot of it was just plain LAZY, I know being hurt he could not help, but if he had really worked hard he might not have got hurt.:ermm:

I appreciate all the hard work and effort Tiny gave UT. No matter what happened or didn't happen. I just wish he would steer players to place he called his home and represented for years!

Ole Miss really isn't that far ahead of UT IMO. They had a very easy schedule to start the season and built off of that momentum with a team full of seniors. There's a reason they're bringing so many juco's in this year and it's NOT because they are a real national championship contender. They'll never even represent the Sec West!!!

These guys are his close friends and they value his opinion. Their happiness and future should be more important. I'm sure Tiny told him go where your heart is. When recruits get steered to a school, it usually ends up badly for both the school and the player.

Out of the 4 most thought Tiny was the best, went from a first round pick to not even being drafted, a lot of it was just plain LAZY, I know being hurt he could not help, but if he had really worked hard he might not have got hurt.:ermm:

Umm......how duo you add or strengthen knee cartilage?

Guys I hate to break up the bang on Richardson party BUT Tiny knows the medical evaluation is where he lost his draft status in the NFL. It also cost him his final year here. He was never 100%; there's a difference between being lazy and being injured and he had some injury issues.

People need to quit speculating and banging on guys that are gone and gave it their best. If a guy goes Arian Taco Tuesday Foster then game on otherwise let it go.

Reactions: 3 people
This kid is not an SEC LT so we all need to stop getting so bent out of shape about a position Jack Jones(RT) can hold down. Richmond can go be a Rebel Black Bear and hold his teammates helmets while the Big Orange runs the East. He will not be a 4 year starter and Ole Miss will never be more than a 3rd place challenger in the west.

you may be right about not being a four year starter depending on where he ends up if he comes here he starts 4 years imo, the kid will end up in the nfl the kid has all the tools, like i said he is a 5 star for a reason and we need this kid, if you think we don't you need to open your eyes. a team always need players with this kind of talent, players get hurt every season.

i would love to have him and it would be a great steal, fill a huge need.

first things first, LETS GET THE BOWL WIN, GO VOLS !

The problem that a lot of those lineman shared was the strength in their legs because the previous staff did not force them to do workouts they let them monitor their own workouts which is why Dooley's teams could only play a half worth of football.

Corey Miller, who is a good buddy of mine, said that the offensive linemen would come in and just check off boxes like they worked out and then leave. Whenever Butch's strength and conditioning staff showed up and force them to work out it caused problems in their legs because they weren't used to lifting that much weight and training that hard.

Lol another talking head who's clueless on what he's speaking on. Tiny stock plumetted strictly for one reason and that's the MRI on his knees. He was one of the strongest and hardest workers in the weight room and that's a fact. The MRI from the combine showed he had a microfracture procedureand teams were scared away. Despite a letter and being given thw ok by James Andrews who did the surgery teams still has reason for precaution. Minnesota loves him and he's had everything taken care of now and he'll be a multiple yr starterin the NFL @ LT. This here is no 3rd party info but direct from a source who's very close tonthe program and Tiny. Zach and Tiny both worked very hard in the weight room and at 1 point Tinyhad to be told to ease up.

Reactions: 7 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back