'15 TN OT Drew Richmond (Former Ole Miss commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he's recruiting so hard for OM, I doubt his mom made the decision. He seems to be pretty sold on OM personally. Kids who are bending to the will of a parent don't take a visit to the school they really like amd recruit for the school they don't really like.

Unless momma says you're gonna recruit...

Remind me how he and Tiny are related again

“@TheDream_75: The first person I talk to on Christmas morning is non other than @tinyrichardson Fam first "

really would be a steal if we get this kid, do not care what others think, he is a 5 star for a reason and this kid can play and will be a real good player who has a future in the nfl if he does not get hurt, he has all the tools to be a great one.

hope we get him in the end, but first lets take care of business with iowa, GO VOLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

WE TAKE THE NEXT STEP WITH A BOWL WIN!

You think any Sec team could take the title of dirtiest team away from the U. I just don't understand the U.They don't have to cheat because they are right in the middle of the most fertil recruiting area in the country.Yet they always have this black cloud hanging over them.

Miami has trouble because of the outlaw types that have attached themselves like leeches to the program. The school is guilty of either actively encouraging that at worst, or not being diligent as they should in policing them at best. Golden is trying to change that. You are right, they really don't need that crap to do well.

really would be a steal if we get this kid, do not care what others think, he is a 5 star for a reason and this kid can play and will be a real good player who has a future in the nfl if he does not get hurt, he has all the tools to be a great one.

hope we get him in the end, but first lets take care of business with iowa, GO VOLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

WE TAKE THE NEXT STEP WITH A BOWL WIN!

This kid is not an SEC LT so we all need to stop getting so bent out of shape about a position Jack Jones(RT) can hold down. Richmond can go be a Rebel Black Bear and hold his teammates helmets while the Big Orange runs the East. He will not be a 4 year starter and Ole Miss will never be more than a 3rd place challenger in the west.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
This kid is not an SEC LT so we all need to stop getting so bent out of shape about a position Jack Jones(RT) can hold down. Richmond can go be a Rebel Black Bear and hold his teammates helmets while the Big Orange runs the East. He will not be a 4 year starter and Ole Miss will never be more than a 3rd place challenger in the west.

I bet if he would flip he would be a 3 year LT.:)

Remind me how he and Tiny are related again

“@TheDream_75: The first person I talk to on Christmas morning is non other than @tinyrichardson Fam first "

From what I hear on VQ, Tiny wasn't very complimentary of Butch and his staff. Seems to think they hurt his draft status.

Yep, it's also Butch Jones fault that he isn't starting this year and got put on the injured reserve August 30th....

From what I hear on VQ, Tiny wasn't very complimentary of Butch and his staff. Seems to think they hurt his draft status.

Tiny was good but he didn't help his cause with all the penalties and his taking a lot of plays off. These are issues that he had control over so I can't see that it was the coaches fault. He apparently had a few medical problems, maybe he thinks the staff could have done more for him on those.

Reactions: 2 people
legitimate question imho, coaches get far too much credit and too much blame; unless they are telling players to lay down and play dead the players have to execute
I used to agree on this until I compared a game coached by butch against a game coached by dooley. I can't believe I defended that guy as long as I did

Reactions: 4 people
Zach Fulton, too, who credited Jones and his coaches for teaching him the value of consistency in performance.

Yep... James, Fulton, Stone, and Richardson all from the same class. 3 of the 4 are starting in the NFL as rookies. The other being Richardson, is the only one not starting right now, and that's probably due to injury. So I doubt that he could make that claim, if he indeed did think that.

The guys that evaluate NFL talent can see through a lot of the college stuff. Tiny can look in the mirror to see why he is where he is.

He could still not like Butch. Doesn't have to make sense. How Dooley recruited as well as he did didn't make sense either.

LT for us right now is like dt was under fulmer at the end. I can't believe people aren't beating down our door to be lt. It's basically a vacant position

legitimate question imho, coaches get far too much credit and too much blame; unless they are telling players to lay down and play dead the players have to execute

And people like you attack me for being repetitive? You could just can your answer to preserve it for future use: "The coaching staff bears no responsibility."

If coaches have little to no impact then there's absolutely no reason to pay them hundreds of thousands of $$$. Just go find the best salesman you can to recruit the best players... the rest will just take care of itself.

The truth is the difference in coaches is as distinct as the difference in math teachers. Two math teachers can be equally knowledgeable of math with one a great teacher and the other terrible. My calculus 101 professor actually wrote the text book we used. It was used by numerous well known colleges. He was a brilliant guy... and the worst teacher I had in college. He was uninspiring and couldn't convey the knowledge he had.

The GREAT coaches are the ones who know their stuff, can instill it in players, and can motivate them to perform. Coaching is absolutely critical to player and team success.

Tiny has a lot of reasons to be disappointed, frustrated, and maybe even bitter. The coaching change probably didn't help his chances. While he had played for different OL coaches, the constant was Chaney. He may believe that something about the technique that current staff had him use contributed to his injury. That's not necessarily someone's "fault" if it occurred but if we were in his shoes it would be difficult not to see it that way with lots of $$$ to be had.

Regardless, barring the injury he probably would have been a first day draft pick based purely on talent. Tough break for him.

That rumor about Tiny was debunked rather quickly on VQ by Buck. Maybe he was just trying to save Tiny from harrassment from vol fans, but that rumor never gained any legs. Lets hold out on bashing Tiny, he is a VFL

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back