Interstellar (November 7, 2014)

Interstellar Official Trailer #2
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm8p5rlrSkY[/youtube]

This movie is one of the most incredible cinematic experiences of my life. I'm serious. It is incredible. I've never seen anything like it. I got out of the theater last night after midnight and didn't fall asleep until 3 just thinking about this movie. Pay the $ and see it on the biggest screen you can find.

10/10

Reactions: 1 person
This movie is one of the most incredible cinematic experiences of my life. I'm serious. It is incredible. I've never seen anything like it. I got out of the theater last night after midnight and didn't fall asleep until 3 just thinking about this movie. Pay the $ and see it on the biggest screen you can find.

10/10

Pretty much this. My first IMAX movie.

My friend said it was "beautiful" after we left. I can't think of any other way to describe it. Imagine a 10/10 version of the movie Contact.

It was beautiful and thought-provoking. Also very corny at times but that comes with Nolan.

10/10

One question...is it a drawn out disaster movie in space?

I can't stand Apollo 13, Gravity, etc. So boring, and everyone raves about them.

I can't stand Apollo 13, Gravity, etc. So boring, and everyone raves about them.

It's drawn out at times but it's not the same type of movie as those two. More along the lines of 2001.

Reactions: 2 people
Loved this movie. Go and see it! I felt like I was transformed out of my seat in the movie theatre into the movie. That rarely happens to me.

No. It is not a disaster space movie.

Interstellar is the kind of movie that shows the true nature of science fiction; the movie is a remarkable vehicle of ideas--philosophical, political, psychological, etc.---all of which relate to our core as human beings. That is why I define this movie as an epic. That is what an epic is all about: what it means to be human and attempting to understand what our place is in the universe. The scientific concepts presented in Interstellar are not new; in fact, 2001 explores mostly all of them. Yet Interstellar is refreshingly new in the studio driven, sequel producing Hollywood of 2014.

Find the biggest theatre you can and pay the money. Hans Zimmer's score alone is worth the price of admission. It is three hours of a visceral experience, that in my opinion, only rarely occurs in cinema today.

Which format does the movie need to be seen in? IMax? Real3D? Or just regular movie?

Going tonight. Regular theater cause we missed the 8:00 IMAX and I don't want to be up until 2 am at a movie. I would kill for an edible right now.

Good to watch after the movie, for a refresher:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4Gotl9vRGs[/youtube]

Going tonight. Regular theater cause we missed the 8:00 IMAX and I don't want to be up until 2 am at a movie. I would kill for an edible right now.

Aren't you in Arizona? How far away from the CO state line?

So.....what did ya think?

I'ma do my best Firestorm

I loved it. Nolan is the premier director of this generation. The last 2 Blockbusters I can remember that were original works have both been by Nolan. I'm not a very big fan of Inception but it's great film-making. Expectations for this one were so high. Can Nolan keep doing it? Dude delivered his best work.

It was so well done. At the beginning I had to suspend my disbelief about the need for more farmers and a future where farming isn't efficient (I'm a bastard like that) and they eventually answered all those questions to my satisfaction.

I love the point NDT makes about when an event happens there are 4 dimensions at play in our universe. The space is defined by 3 coordinates, and the 4th dimension, time is defined by another coordinate. We know how to move around in space, but obviously time is just linear to us. In theory someday we will discover how to move around in time, but theoretical physicists don't have strong opinions about whether or not we will be able to interact/influence events that have "happened". This movie did an awesome job of bringing all these ideas to the big screen. A masterpiece.

I'ma do my best Firestorm

I loved it. Nolan is the premier director of this generation. The last 2 Blockbusters I can remember that were original works have both been by Nolan. I'm not a very big fan of Inception but it's great film-making. Expectations for this one were so high. Can Nolan keep doing it? Dude delivered his best work.

It was so well done. At the beginning I had to suspend my disbelief about the need for more farmers and a future where farming isn't efficient (I'm a bastard like that) and they eventually answered all those questions to my satisfaction.

I love the point NDT makes about when an event happens there are 4 dimensions at play in our universe. The space is defined by 3 coordinates, and the 4th dimension, time is defined by another coordinate. We know how to move around in space, but obviously time is just linear to us. In theory someday we will discover how to move around in time, but theoretical physicists don't have strong opinions about whether or not we will be able to interact/influence events that have "happened". This movie did an awesome job of bringing all these ideas to the big screen. A masterpiece.

I simply do not understand all the nega turds and their comments about this movie. It makes no sense to me. I do feel that you must be at a certain intellect for this movie to be a masterpiece, however.

It is just an amazing movie that rose and surpassed my highest expectations.

VN Store

Back