It's very evident after tonight.

It will take Butch a couple years to get the SEC type players in here.

:crazy: Butch already had NFL oline and senior SEC rb here last year and could do nothing with that experienced talent either (because his big east system sucks).

Reactions: 1 person
I guarantee half these so called Vol fans that are bashing Butch, couldn't do any better. If all you guys seem to know more than the coaches do, then why aren't you guys out there coaching then? The level of stupidity on here keeps getting worse and worse each game.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
This team is digressing. The only way a coach can keep the fan base energized and unified, while asking them to be patient and trust the process, is if the fans see progress by the team and the coaching staff on the field. "Be patient" and "trust the process" wears thin without the onfield progress.

I think you have lost your mind. The SEC is the toughest conference in the land. We are depending upon many true freshman who have not even completed a full year of college conditioning. We have one of the toughest schedules in the NCAA. We have two new lines with no returning starters. We have talent at many skill positions, but not enough time to get them involved. I HATE the phrase next year, but if this incoming class backs out, it will be because of the fan's.

its funny this f'n town worships ut football charges unreal prices etc yet when they hire a coach they don't spend any money ...ut deserves this horrible football ...and this great recruiting people talk about sure doesn't show up on the field ...we have been young for the last 5 yeras

To include Dooley in anything CBJ is doing NOW is beyond stupid. This is year one with CBJ fielding his first full recruiting class. If we look like this in 2016, I'll be the first to call for heads to roll. For now, relax and watch the process.

Not all of them. Barnett and Kelly Jr are playing like juniors. Also Hurd is our best player on offense.
Our problem is that our staff coaches offense like they are still in Cincy but that crap does not work vs elite SEC defenses.

Our problems is we have the worst OL in the country and a qb that should not play in the sec. Butch has one full recruiting class here and they are playing great considering their youth. Does our offense suck? Yes, but I think it's also a direct reflection of our competition. It's hard to have a year were Dooley didn't recruit any offensive lineman then all of them leave 2 years later. The wr's and rb can't get better with a terrible ol and qb. You are fooling yourself if you think we are not 2 to 3 years away. It will be longer if butch gets let go next year. You think we had a tough time getting somebody the last 2 times? Nobody would be standing in line to take this job and I can't blame them.

At the end of last season didn't most people on here say this year would be worst.I guess because the team beat Utah St, Arkansas St, and played Georgia tuff that changed everything.The one game this year that disappointed me was Florida.

Last edited:
Actually we wouldn't need a coaching change every 3 years if we would stop making budget hires. Spend the money necessary to hire a coach with proven success like a Dan Mullen, Hugh Freeze, David Cutcliffe, or Art Briles. Don't go on the cheap and try to find a diamond in the rough like we have with the last three hires.

Don't get me wrong, i am still hoping that Butch is the diamond in the rough, but I must confess that i am starting to have my doubts after seeing our offensive line and offensive play as a whole regress rather than improve throughout the season.

I wonder what this program would have looked like had Fulmer been the offensive coordinator for David Cutcliffe rather than the other way around. I tend to think we would have enjoyed more than one national championship since the Johnny Majors era. I'd like to think CDC would still be the coach and we'd be a far better program.

I still have hope that Butch Jones will be a great leader although I think he will have to surround himself with better assistants. Quality assistants are responsible for Fulmer's success, history confirms that.

Only if you're drunk. This d is clearly better and the o is still schizo

Yeah I agree with you I'm sitting here writing this shaking my head thinking normal intelligent people must realize that we're better.... That defense is so much more improved and the speed is very evident ...I think the level of competition has probably gotten a lot better..... of course it has.... I THOUGHT WE ALL KNEW WHAT WE WERE IN FOR A COUPLE YEARS BUT APPARENTLY SOME OF US DID NOT

Well, YES I am aware that things will take a couple of years to coalesce, but I swear to God that last night was one of the sorriest games I have EVER seen the Vols put together and I have been a fan since , oh hell, what '66? They just flat out sucked and they need to do better, youth or no.

Well, YES I am aware that things will take a couple of years to coalesce, but I swear to God that last night was one of the sorriest games I have EVER seen the Vols put together and I have been a fan since , oh hell, what '66? They just flat out sucked and they need to do better, youth or no.

You must of been in the bed when Wyoming beat the Vols.

I think this offense has gotten worse. The right tackle needs to go now, I know he is young but he is horrible. They have bad technique and it's getting worse as the year goes on, where is the OL coach? We have skilled playmakers on offense but there is no explosiveness on offense, I'm behind Butch but it's hard and disappointing watching this offense. I hope he looks hard at his offensive staff as the season winds down. At this point I don't know where our 5th and 6th wins come from. Vandy is the only game left that should be a definite win. If our offense can't score, unless the D can start getting in the endzone, we can't win. The way Kentucky has been playing they have a great shot at beating us this year, along with SC and Mizu. Is Vandy the only game left that we are favored in? Kentucky may be an even game.

I think this offense has gotten worse. The right tackle needs to go now, I know he is young but he is horrible. They have bad technique and it's getting worse as the year goes on, where is the OL coach? We have skilled playmakers on offense but there is no explosiveness on offense, I'm behind Butch but it's hard and disappointing watching this offense. I hope he looks hard at his offensive staff as the season winds down. At this point I don't know where our 5th and 6th wins come from. Vandy is the only game left that should be a definite win. If our offense can't score, unless the D can start getting in the endzone, we can't win. The way Kentucky has been playing they have a great shot at beating us this year, along with SC and Mizu. Is Vandy the only game left that we are favored in? Kentucky may be an even game.

Sigh.... I thought we all understood the second year record could very easily be worse than the first year.... please try to maintain a level head about this stuff and do not react with so much emotion.... We all want to win and we want to win now but that's just not possible.... So save all that passion for something like the threat in the Middle East ,Ebola etc. etc. etc.... Just a little friendly advice.....

What's evident is that some of the fans here are just as stupid about Butch Jones as they were about Dooley. Heck. the place was swarming with Dooley supporters.

The team is young: they are developing... there is no comparisons between Dooley and Jones. Coach Jones is a coach. Wholly different for CDD, who was more suited to be athletic director.

Give it time. Ole Miss is loaded with talent. That was not the Ole Miss we've come to know over the years.

Bama also has a beast of a team.

We need more depth... to play 4 quarters with teams like either. Our players have to keep their heads high. They'll get there.

The only real weakness we have is that our offensive line is young. In two years, we'll be competitive.

The 'young' player problem isn't skill development; it's strength development. That takes some work in the off-season.

Jones >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> infinity >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dooley

Let Florida go people, we lost get over it

It does suck that we lost to Florida. A couple of close ones got away from us; but those close ones would have been blowouts if we had stuck with Dooley.

It is going to suck to all heck to see Kiffin win in Knoxville next week, but it's not Jones' fault.

What's evident is that some of the fans here are just as stupid about Butch Jones as they were about Dooley. Heck. the place was swarming with Dooley supporters.

The team is young: they are developing... there is no comparisons between Dooley and Jones. Coach Jones is a coach. Wholly different for CDD, who was more suited to be athletic director.

Give it time. Ole Miss is loaded with talent. That was not the Ole Miss we've come to know over the years.

Bama also has a beast of a team.

We need more depth... to play 4 quarters with teams like either. Our players have to keep their heads high. They'll get there.

The only real weakness we have is that our offensive line is young. In two years, we'll be competitive.
I've screamed this all day about Ole Miss this ain't the Ole Miss of past years.. They're championship caliber team..

This my first post, so go easy on it.
TN fan base is not watching the game, as much as the score board. This team is so young! I see and believe they are getting better, but the fan base needs to show more support just the same as the coach. Stop all this negative talk. Its hurts me to lose too, but I believe in two years with depth in recruiting this is gonna be a team to reckon with!!!!!!! "GO VOLS":clapping:

Grats on your first post.

Having said that, watching the game is exactly why we feel this way.

I've screamed this all day about Ole Miss this ain't the Ole Miss of past years.. They're championship caliber team..

No team they've ever had is this good... that was like Bama in Ole Miss uniforms, especially that freakin' defense.

No one is disputing this.

We are talking about progress. Progress man. We talking about progress, we ain't talking about a game. We talking about progress.

VN Store

Back