'15 GA WR TJ Rahming

Rahming is easily twice the athlete of Bruce. Just watch the film. Comparing the offer lists shows the clear difference too.
The staff wanted to take a local kid with heart. If they wanted a better athlete than Bruce it's not hard to find. The staff isn't going to put their jobs at risk and I trust them to do the best thing for Tennessee.

Rahming: T.J. Rahming - Hudl

Bruce: Jocquez Bruce - Hudl

Rahming is easily twice the athlete of Bruce. Just watch the film. Comparing the offer lists shows the clear difference too.
The staff wanted to take a local kid with heart. If they wanted a better athlete than Bruce it's not hard to find. The staff isn't going to put their jobs at risk and I trust them to do the best thing for Tennessee.

I disagree, Bruce is the better athlete.

Reactions: 2 people

While I do think the local angle played into this commitment(and IMO it should), the fact that Bruce could play several positions adds value. Also Bruce is maybe 2-3" taller and maybe 20-25LBS heavier. IMO he projects a bit better to SEC play. JMO

Reactions: 1 person
Joc will do anything of UT. Even If he just ended up being on practice squad all four years. He would play scout team like Rudy and never give up. Kid is a baller.

While I do think the local angle played into this commitment(and IMO it should), the fact that Bruce could play several positions adds value. Also Bruce is maybe 2-3" taller and maybe 20-25LBS heavier. IMO he projects a bit better to SEC play. JMO

hes about 10lbs heavier

It took the first play on Bruce's film to convince me. That boy is willing to hit. Rahming runs out of bounds every chance he gets. Also, the fact that Bruce does play multiple positions is beneficial for his football IQ.

Joc will do anything of UT. Even If he just ended up being on practice squad all four years. He would play scout team like Rudy and never give up. Kid is a baller.

There are a hundred local kids every cycle that would give their all for UT. I don't understand why this keeps being thrown out. I'm not saying it is a negative but you can't use that as your argument for why the guy deserves an offer.

There are a hundred local kids every cycle that would give their all for UT. I don't understand why this keeps being thrown out. I'm not saying it is a negative but you can't use that as your argument for why the guy deserves an offer.

This is the most valid statement said on here. From a SEC recruiting perspective Joc is a decent athlete, but there are 100's of decent athletes who would do anything to play for the Vols. It's a feel good story and nothing more. If the staff wanted to find a better athlete they could have. Butch has been pulling top athletes since he got here.

He went to camp, showed out, earned a scholarship. Do you think Butch offered Bruce because hes a local kid who really loves the vols and nothing more? Look at Emmanuel Moseley. Same deal. Came to camp, showed out, and earned a scholarship. Who was Moseley before then????

Reactions: 1 person

Bruce is 5'10 and weighs 165lb right now. This has been verified. He purposely dropped 15lb so he could increase his 40 time.... from a 4.7 to a 4.5. He's now trying to gain back the weight to play at 185 or 190 by the time he's at UT.

I don't see Bruce as a starter in the SEC at any position during his career, except possibly special teams. Taking a kid that plays the level of competition that South Doyle plays is a head scratcher. Devrin Young was a much better prospect at the same stage of their careers, and he has been fairly irrelevant through his JR season.

Since Bruce got an offer from camp, I'll trust the coaches on this. I wouldn't be shocked if we end up filling up the class and asking Bruce to come on as a gray shirt though.

Last edited:
Bruce is 5'10 and weighs 165lb right now. This has been verified. He purposely dropped 15lb so he could increase his 40 time.... from a 4.7 to a 4.5.

I don't see Bruce as a starter in the SEC at any position during his career, except possibly special teams. Taking a kid that plays the level of competition that South Doyle plays is a head scratcher. Devrin Young was a much better prospect at the same stage of their careers, and he has been fairly irrelevant through his JR season.

Since Bruce got an offer from camp, I'll trust the coaches on this. I wouldn't be shocked if we end up filling up the class and asking Bruce to come on as a gray shirt though.

He could very well be. I know TJ was said to be almost shockingly small. One poster made it sound like he was 5'8 and a buck fifty at best.

If they are taking him as a slot WR, he does not have to be a starter really. Those guys switch in and out a lot throughout the game. A kid gets 2-3 balls thrown his way a game and he can make an impact.

Not sure why so many folks are cool with giving a kid a scholarship and then just snatching it away last minute and telling him "walk-on or see ya". I'd rather not see our coaches and leaders of this program do that. Integrity even in recruiting is not a bad thing.

For the record, I liked the idea of Cottrell more. As you said, I'll roll with the coaches on this one.

He could very well be. I know TJ was said to be almost shockingly small. One poster made it sound like he was 5'8 and a buck fifty at best.

If they are taking him as a slot WR, he does not have to be a starter really. Those guys switch in and out a lot throughout the game. A kid gets 2-3 balls thrown his way a game and he can make an impact.

Not sure why so many folks are cool with giving a kid a scholarship and then just snatching it away last minute and telling him "walk-on or see ya". I'd rather not see our coaches and leaders of this program do that. Integrity even in recruiting is not a bad thing.

For the record, I liked the idea of Cottrell more. As you said, I'll roll with the coaches on this one.

Never said I was cool with it. I just wouldn't be shocked by it. In my opinion, it's too early to offer a guy like Bruce (or Woods for that matter) when we are in on much better players. We did it last year with guys like Dews, and you see how that turned out. There's no way Bruce is much better than Foreman or Swafford. We offered them conditional scholarships/grey shirt opportunities.

Never said I was cool with it. I just wouldn't be shocked by it. In my opinion, it's too early to offer a guy like Bruce (or Woods for that matter) when we are in on much better players. We did it last year with guys like Dews, and you see how that turned out. There's no way Bruce is much better than Foreman or Swafford. We offered them conditional scholarships/grey shirt opportunities.

Dews was always considered a GS opportunity last year. Looks like the staff did not even end up committing to a GS there. He went to prep school. How that turned out IMO is exactly why recruits should avoid/pass on those type of situations. Unless that news comes out here with Bruce, I have no reason to think taking him is any different than taking say a Moseley last class. The fact he is instate, just makes it easier IMO. I think people pay way too much attention to the *'s by a kids name. I doubt an offer to "walk-on" at UT would have brought Bruce to tears. I'd guess it was a legit offer and the kid jumped all over it.

Dews was always considered a GS opportunity last year. Looks like the staff did not even end up committing to a GS there. He went to prep school. How that turned out IMO is exactly why recruits should avoid/pass on those type of situations. Unless that news comes out here with Bruce, I have no reason to think taking him is any different than taking say a Moseley last class. The fact he is instate, just makes it easier IMO. I think people pay way too much attention to the *'s by a kids name. I doubt an offer to "walk-on" at UT would have brought Bruce to tears. I'd guess it was a legit offer and the kid jumped all over it.

A+

Bruce has great vision and makes some great cuts. Everybody gets too caught up in 40 times. (See Rahming and Cottrell). The people who dont like Bruce, dont like him because of his stars.... will be a 5.7 3* by the time its all said and done IMO. These same people forget that Cam Sutton was a 5.6 3*, and now hes one of our best players.

A+

Bruce has great vision and makes some great cuts. Everybody gets too caught up in 40 times. (See Rahming and Cottrell). The people who dont like Bruce, dont like him because of his stars.... will be a 5.7 3* by the time its all said and done IMO. These same people forget that Cam Sutton was a 5.6 3*, and now hes one of our best players.

I'm more caught up in the competition Bruce was making all those cuts against than his average 40 time or rating as a player. But like I originally said, the coaches offered him at camp... so that's enough for me.

Not true. Foreman was a scholarship player from the start.

VN Store

Back