So, you all were so anxious to get with Nike, huh?

3rd time this season it has happened, apparently. Imagine the explosions that could occur when football cleats dig into to the turf on a quick cut.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/embed/LZ_d05Lp-s8[/youtube]

Good thing football players don't wear Jordan's

Yeah those dang sweat shops just don't make 'em like they use to.

Seriously though, I just want our uniforms to match. I don't care at all who makes them.

I staged a one man boycott against NIKE dating to the early 90s due to kids killing other kids for 200.00+ shoes that cost a few bucks to produce in impoverished countries....utilizing child and pregnant orphan labor....I gravitated toward New Balance and other manufacturers that didn't use paid endorsements....but Nike apparel looks good and since I've almost bankrupted these evildoers I'll buy my first Nike manufactured gear since Arsenio Hall was top dog in late night programming....Bo still hawking Cross-Trainers? :cool:

Are you hosting a telethon we don't know about?

When it comes to running, believe me, there are big differences in any shoe you wear. Some provide comfort, but are too heavy with no flex in them. Others are light, with no support. Then there are those that are just right.

A runner is the best test of a shoes comfort and performance. If I can run a 5k and my feet and knees don't hurt, then I'm sold on that shoe.

Why are you running?

You're goin lose your gains bro.

Reactions: 1 person
People talk about Nike and the sweat shops and it's the truth. However virtually everything that we buy is made in China or some other country that allows child labor. If Nike draws the recruits for whatever reason then I am all in.

Nike is ready for the T! Picked these up yesterday. Much better looking than ANY Adidas IMO.

29p7ocm.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
I was looking for a jersey for my son, but I am not buying anything right now because I don't want to have to buy the new nike jersey for my son again next year. Anything we buy are cheap, because I know I will spend more when the new stuff comes out next year.

Grab the smokey jerseys now since they may not stick with Nike doing the unis...although Im sure we will wear some cool git up with them, too.

Nike is ready for the T! Picked these up yesterday. Much better looking than ANY Adidas IMO.

29p7ocm.jpg

I feel like logo design alone made Nike better than a lot of other brands. Imagine this same exact shoe design with orange adidas three stripes. It makes it a much worse looking shoe. Adidas has to design their shoes to flow with those stripes while NIke's swoosh can get slapped across nearly anything.

Good thing football players don't wear Jordan's

What about our basketball team? And is this an indication of the overall quality of Nike? I hope not. I've liked the Nike athletic gear that I've bought, but I know they're not top of the line in pretty much any respective sport. The exception maybe being basketball.

I laughed when the crowd cheered when they showed our announced partnership with Nike on the Jumbotron at the O&W game. I didn't know the general public actually cared that much. Or were all 60,000+ there VN warriors?

I feel like logo design alone made Nike better than a lot of other brands. Imagine this same exact shoe design with orange adidas three stripes. It makes it a much worse looking shoe. Adidas has to design their shoes to flow with those stripes while NIke's swoosh can get slapped across nearly anything.

I like the three stripes. Hell, I'm wearing Adidas right now.

Reactions: 2 people
I own both Adidas and Nike shoes along with a pair of Reebok's...In all honesty the Reebok have held up better than both the others...Not that they are bad but I've owned the reebok's longer than the others and they remain super comfortable...They are the Allen Iversion model just to tell you how old they are lol...We have a Nike factory outlet store here in Ft.Lauderdale and it seems they are messing around with sizes....I wear a size 12 and for some reason I can not find a pair that fits me in Nike...Seems I need a larger shoe when I go to buy a pair of them...Good example I just bought a pair of nikes for me wife and she wears a size 5 and they are super tight on her feet...So they are going back for a size 6...Not sure what is going on with that.

I own both Adidas and Nike shoes along with a pair of Reebok's...In all honesty the Reebok have held up better than both the others...Not that they are bad but I've owned the reebok's longer than the others and they remain super comfortable...They are the Allen Iversion model just to tell you how old they are lol...We have a Nike factory outlet store here in Ft.Lauderdale and it seems they are messing around with sizes....I wear a size 12 and for some reason I can not find a pair that fits me in Nike...Seems I need a larger shoe when I go to buy a pair of them...Good example I just bought a pair of nikes for me wife and she wears a size 5 and they are super tight on her feet...So they are going back for a size 6...Not sure what is going on with that.

The Reeboks have held up better because you probably never wear them lol. And Iversons?? I had those in like 3rd grade....surely you haven't had the same pair of shoes since 1996.

3rd time this season it has happened, apparently. Imagine the explosions that could occur when football cleats dig into to the turf on a quick cut.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/embed/LZ_d05Lp-s8[/youtube]

Because all they do is take basketball shoes, and put spikes on the bottom...:eek:k:

The Reeboks have held up better because you probably never wear them lol. And Iversons?? I had those in like 3rd grade....surely you haven't had the same pair of shoes since 1996.

Actually I got the Iversons in 2010...So I guess that puts you in about the 7th grade now? :eek:lol: And I actually wear them quite a bit!

I also noticed that a lot Nike's shoes are being made more out of cloth than leather anymore...Sure seemed that way when I was at the store last week....Means they aren't going to last as long.

I've always been a fan of Nike over Adidas. That being said...

Adidas is kicking Nike's ass in shoe design and technology in both golf and running, and the gap is pretty large. Go to a marathon and try to find a pair of Nikes. The full and half marathoners never wear them. It's a very close 2nd in basketball, which I thought would never happen.

I hope its because they're pumping all of their research dollars into football gear.

Actually I got the Iversons in 2010...So I guess that puts you in about the 7th grade now? :eek:lol: And I actually wear them quite a bit!

Just because you bought the shoes at a thrift store in 2010, doesn't mean they came out in 2010. 😎

VN Store

Back