So, you all were so anxious to get with Nike, huh?

I've always been a fan of Nike over Adidas. That being said...

Adidas is kicking Nike's ass in shoe design and technology in both golf and running, and the gap is pretty large. Go to a marathon and try to find a pair of Nikes. The full and half marathoners never wear them. It's a very close 2nd in basketball, which I thought would never happen.

I hope its because they're pumping all of their research dollars into football gear.

I have to agree with you, Adidas has some really sharp basketball shoes out right now and they seem like they are built really well and durable.

I have to agree with you, Adidas has some really sharp basketball shoes out right now and they seem like they are built really well and durable.

My team shoes in high school were Adidas. I loved my basketball shoes. I hated my football cleats.

For Running

New Balance, Saucany, Inov8(my personal favorite), Asics, Brooks are all better than Nike

The selections are so limited for Athletes in other sports since Nike, Adidas, and UA corner the market, its not much choice. It is well know that Nike puts more effort into design and style and catching the eye of people willing to line their pockets because of the name rather than performance, comfort, and reliability. They are in the job of making your feet look good and less concerned with everything else. Look at what most runners wear( that aren't being endorsed by Nike) and you will not see many swooshes.

JMHO

Thread winner. Phil Knight's shoes are nothing to write home about. They are all marketing, not much performance. But y'all go ahead and line Phil's pockets. I'll keep my Asics and my healthy feet.

Reactions: 1 person
Nike has been selling orange and white Vol gear for a while. I picked up this pair of orange and white Jordan's about seven years ago.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: 1 person
I've always been a fan of Nike over Adidas. That being said...

Adidas is kicking Nike's ass in shoe design and technology in both golf and running, and the gap is pretty large. Go to a marathon and try to find a pair of Nikes. The full and half marathoners never wear them. It's a very close 2nd in basketball, which I thought would never happen.

I hope its because they're pumping all of their research dollars into football gear.

Runners don't wear Adidas either. They wear Aciscs, Brooks, and the like.

https://www.youtube.com/v/l7DiwUlnBt4

Remember when LA Gear was the shoe to have? People in their 30s and 40s on here will lol.

I may or may not have had a Members Only jacket. At no time were LA Gear or BK Knights the gotta have shoes in my circle.:blink:

As for Nike vs Adidas, IMO, Nike may have a more stylish product on occasion, but their quality is always lacking.

Who is that and why is his opinion on sneakers valued enough to interview him? He obviously isn't doing any physical activity in them.

He's a rapper. Not sure why his opinion on classic remakes matters when the discussion should be on current technologies for running/workout shoes of today. I'll say that I can't stand the feel of nike shoes for running or working out

My brother bought me a pair of the Adidas team shoes a couple of weeks ago and I must admit, I'm more excited for the Nike switch now after owning these. They're very stiff, and much less comfortable than my Nike's.

VN Store

Back