You will see Petrino's offense and Saban's defense mixture.

I'll say one thing for Orange Defense; he's Tennessee through and through.

I suspect some of you hold Kirby Smart's photo in one hand while you're in the john.

Another way to look at it that we dont hold Pruitts photo will in the john, since you want to use those terms.

Oh, sorry.

That post wasn't aimed at you.

But don't feel embarrassed.

I didnt take it personal. Just a bit silly to think that bringing a realistic approach to all this Pruitt worship amounts to holding a pic of smart on the john. Unless of course you are talking about the uga fans. If thats the case, fire away, screw those guys.

Well! At least we will have a good quarterback developer to develop a quarterback now. I think we will be alright on the offensive side of the ball. I’m sure we won’t see all of Petrinos offense, but I’m sure we will see more offensive mixtures of other stuff as well...:rock:

Did you mean, I think we will be aaaiiight?

Tennessee football: Vols staff combines Petrino offense, Saban defense
I’ve been saying it all along, we’re shaping up to be the best that we can be. The article even calls out Kirby Smart. Look no further, because 2018 here we come.:dance2::pepper::rock2:

Some may see this as a post pumped full of sunshine but there is actually a lot to draw from it. The knocks on the Butch Jones coaching staff were:

1.) Player Development
2.) Offensive/Defensive Scheme
3.) Soft Players + Lack of Discipline

We now have a coaching staff who:

1.) All have a deep track record of developing players on both sides of the ball.
2.) Have been an integral part or the sole reason for elite success on both sides of the ball and have proven to be able to successfully adjust their schemes.
3.) We have guys who have been around several elite programs, know their recipes for success. You combine that with an NFL S&C coordinator you have yet another recipe for success.

The new staff checks off all of the boxes as significant upgrades from their previous counterparts. If you believe our shortcomings the past couple of years were due to an incompetent coaching staff you should have nothing but high hopes for this upcoming season and the next.

Reactions: 2 people
I will just be happy if we have an offense that can competently call plays while marching the ball down the field. I have never in my life seen so many drive killers after crossing the 50 as we have had. I get that you can only script so much of a game. I just don't understand how lost we looked though at times in the past 5 years. Yes I am aware of the offensive production during the 15/16 seasons. Imagine what it could have been though had we had a competent HC.

Reactions: 1 person
This all day long.. especially in the SEC, your offense is only going to go as far as your OL takes you. And last year ours was abysmal. Maybe some of it was due to scheme, but we absolutely need more consistency there.

I don’t have stats but I’d guess that in 60% of our offensive plays last year, the RB got hit in the backfield or the QB didn’t have enough time to settle in and get comfortable in the pocket. Poor OL play in almost every single game.

If we don’t get Improvement up front, all the fancy Xs and Os in the world will not matter.

That's what I came away with. All those pretty lines work great if the pass rush can be stifled. (And the QB can get off the pass quick enough)

You mean, “some common sense hype train? Especially on the football field? Oh, I’m sure Pruitt is going to load up that defensive train.:)

something I like about Pruitt is he is just a total football minded guy. He's so into it, it's his life you can tell, and in his interviews and pressers all he does is talk about football in an extensive way -- talking about positions and what he's learned. The guy isn't gonna sell you BS like Butch

Well, thanks for having fun...I like playing around and having a little fun at times, but I think this article here explains it just like it is. I still think Pruitt will beat Kirby Smart the same way that he did in the 4th quarter, and his OC. That is why Smart can’t beat him. He knows Mullen well to, and Mullen can’t beat him. South Carolina Muschamp can’t beat him. He knows Auburn’s pattern, because he has played against him lots of times. Jumbo Fisher system, so yes, he can beat them all. He knows Sabans system, I think he will give Saban fits. Who knows, he might be the only assistant to beat him. We’ll see on that one.

Miss st actually almost pulled off the upset against Bama. The game was tied 24-24 with 90 seconds left. It was a very close game through all 4 quarters

To be a good defensive coach you got to really know offences because that what you plan against. Being the defensive coach Pruitt is I would imagine he knows a thing or two about offences as well.

This all day long.. especially in the SEC, your offense is only going to go as far as your OL takes you. And last year ours was abysmal. Maybe some of it was due to scheme, but we absolutely need more consistency there.

I don’t have stats but I’d guess that in 60% of our offensive plays last year, the RB got hit in the backfield or the QB didn’t have enough time to settle in and get comfortable in the pocket. Poor OL play in almost every single game.

If we don’t get Improvement up front, all the fancy Xs and Os in the world will not matter.
That is my thought to the "T"! I feel that the O Line and how is plays has an effect on Every other position on the Whole team! But I think the O Line Will play better this year! GBO!!! :eek:k::hi:

How much more evidence do you need? He has already beaten Kirby Smart and Mullen. Yea, yea, yea I know...Saban, Saban, Saban, but the adjustments that Pruitt makes will beat them again and again. He is going to be a great coach, and Tennessee is going to go back to a great program again by Pruitt and his staff. :hi:

I think Pruitt is going to be a good coach. Now the problem is the evidence you are trying to use for defending your position just doesnt translate here at Tennessee. The talent disparty is VAST.

The evidence for me will be when or if he can beat Smart and Mullen.

Caleb Calhoun, is a sunshine pumper, his article's should be classified as fan fiction at best. He over sensationalizes positive aspects while minimizing any negatives when it come to building hype for this program.

It's as if uncle lou was given a legit journalism job.

GloomuVol

VN Store

Back