yeah, I said it.

It amazes me that Iowa doesn't get any respect for being 12-0 right now. As for the ones saying Mich St will blow Iowa out, much not watch BIG Ten football that much. Iowa and Mich St almost always plays a very close game. This game can go either way Saturday. GO HAWKS!

Now that pretty much all the dust has settled and smoke has cleared on the 2015 season, I think it’s clear that the best conference in America this season is……the Big 10.

Yeah, I said it.

For one thing, I don’t think there is a top 4 that compares with the top 4 of the Big 10. From what I have seen, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State and Ohio State could play with anybody, or most anybody. You have a pretty good argument when right off the bat a team that isn’t playing for a conference title is possibly the best team in America. Don’t kid yourselves. Whoever you think is the best team in the country, that team is happy Ohio State won’t be around.

In addition, Northwestern and Wisconsin are solid football teams.

The two best teams in the ACC are 1-1 vs. South Carolina with a point differential of (+1).

In the SEC, you’d have an argument as to who the top 4 even are, but Florida has to probably rank at #2 by default. Ole Miss is probably in that top 4 as well. Both were spanked in non-conference play by Memphis and FSU respectively.

The Big 12 has an argument with quality at the top with TCU, Baylor, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State. However, it’s more top heavy than the Big 10 and defense is optional.

As the year has played out and considering what leagues did also stepping out of the conference, I think the Big 10 had the best year.

Florida is definitely not the 2nd best team in the SEC with Harris at QB....Your Defense is flat out probably 2nd best, but that offense without Grier is just terrible.

SEC:

1. Bama
2. Ole Miss...

they overlooked Memphis--plain and simple....it happens....just like Fla overlooked that 2-8 team who almost beat their butts in the swamp....those two wash....but Fla without Grier definitely ain't the 2nd best team in the SEC....

3. LSU--Miss. State...tie

You can't say that Fla is the 2nd best team when LSU beat them....

4. Fla--Tennessee...tie....

That's how I'd rank the teams in the SEC today....

A few weeks ago--I thought that Michigan would beat us down....but after watching Ohio State run the ball down their throat, I'm not so sure anymore.

I do think Ohio State is still one of the best four teams in the country....and no, I wouldn't want to play them if I were one of those top 4 in the playoff.

I think Alabama will beat Mich. State flat out....and if they would commit to giving the ball to Henry 40 times, would beat Ohio State.

I hope it's Clemson and Alabama in the NC....but hope that Alabama wins...that will make our victory over them next year in Knoxville that much sweeter.

Go Vols! :salute:

Now that pretty much all the dust has settled and smoke has cleared on the 2015 season, I think it’s clear that the best conference in America this season is……the Big 10.

Yeah, I said it.

For one thing, I don’t think there is a top 4 that compares with the top 4 of the Big 10. From what I have seen, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State and Ohio State could play with anybody, or most anybody. You have a pretty good argument when right off the bat a team that isn’t playing for a conference title is possibly the best team in America. Don’t kid yourselves. Whoever you think is the best team in the country, that team is happy Ohio State won’t be around.

In addition, Northwestern and Wisconsin are solid football teams.

The two best teams in the ACC are 1-1 vs. South Carolina with a point differential of (+1).

In the SEC, you’d have an argument as to who the top 4 even are, but Florida has to probably rank at #2 by default. Ole Miss is probably in that top 4 as well. Both were spanked in non-conference play by Memphis and FSU respectively.

The Big 12 has an argument with quality at the top with TCU, Baylor, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State. However, it’s more top heavy than the Big 10 and defense is optional.

As the year has played out and considering what leagues did also stepping out of the conference, I think the Big 10 had the best year.
I agree with about every point except where you say the "Defense is optional". I personally believe that the reason the D in the big 12 doesnt look as good is because they have such great offenses. For example, TCU last year (really good team) they let up in all reality 0 pts to Ole Miss yet Baylor in the same season torched them for 63 pts and 782 total yards. Heck even Baylor last year who went up against the best statistical defense last year (Michigan St.) had 42 pts in 3 quarters (then proceeded to collapse) and finished with 603 passing yards most of which came through 3 quarters.

VN Store

Back