yeah, I said it.

IMO if UF didn't look like poop 99 doesn't post this. Your crap performance as #2 team skews your perspective. Several teams in SEC are closing better and could give Big10 all they wanted. With out without crappy records.

No, it doesn't skew his perception....at all. You can make arguments in favor of the SEC or the Big 10 being the best conference this season, but you can't deny the SEC is down.

Some of us can look objectively at the SEC's level of play this year compared to previous years and easily conclude this, regardless of whether UF is an underwhelming #2 or if any other school in the conference is an underwhelming #2.

It wasn't too long ago the East three legit national title contenders with UGA, UF and South Carolina to go along with Alabama and LSU in the West.

UF looking like dog crap lately doesn't change what's obvious to anyone paying attention.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
No, it doesn't skew his perception....at all. You can make arguments in favor of the SEC or the Big 10 being the best conference this season, but you can't deny the SEC is down.

Some of us can look objectively at the SEC's level of play this year compared to previous years and easily conclude this, regardless of whether UF is an underwhelming #2 or if any other school in the conference is an underwhelming #2.

It wasn't too long ago the East three legit national title contenders with UGA, UF and South Carolina to go along with Alabama and LSU in the West.

UF looking like dog crap lately doesn't change what's obvious to anyone paying attention.

A down SEC still looks better than a top heavy big10. Several very strong teams across the middle. Most good big10 teams stack up against those not Bama.

Reactions: Weezer
Now that pretty much all the dust has settled and smoke has cleared on the 2015 season, I think it’s clear that the best conference in America this season is……the Big 10.

Yeah, I said it.

For one thing, I don’t think there is a top 4 that compares with the top 4 of the Big 10. From what I have seen, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State and Ohio State could play with anybody, or most anybody. You have a pretty good argument when right off the bat a team that isn’t playing for a conference title is possibly the best team in America. Don’t kid yourselves. Whoever you think is the best team in the country, that team is happy Ohio State won’t be around.

In addition, Northwestern and Wisconsin are solid football teams.

The two best teams in the ACC are 1-1 vs. South Carolina with a point differential of (+1).

In the SEC, you’d have an argument as to who the top 4 even are, but Florida has to probably rank at #2 by default. Ole Miss is probably in that top 4 as well. Both were spanked in non-conference play by Memphis and FSU respectively.

The Big 12 has an argument with quality at the top with TCU, Baylor, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State. However, it’s more top heavy than the Big 10 and defense is optional.

As the year has played out and considering what leagues did also stepping out of the conference, I think the Big 10 had the best year.

You been huffing to much swamp gas.

Reactions: 1 person
Now that pretty much all the dust has settled and smoke has cleared on the 2015 season, I think it’s clear that the best conference in America this season is……the Big 10.

Yeah, I said it.

For one thing, I don’t think there is a top 4 that compares with the top 4 of the Big 10. From what I have seen, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State and Ohio State could play with anybody, or most anybody. You have a pretty good argument when right off the bat a team that isn’t playing for a conference title is possibly the best team in America. Don’t kid yourselves. Whoever you think is the best team in the country, that team is happy Ohio State won’t be around.

In addition, Northwestern and Wisconsin are solid football teams.

The two best teams in the ACC are 1-1 vs. South Carolina with a point differential of (+1).

In the SEC, you’d have an argument as to who the top 4 even are, but Florida has to probably rank at #2 by default. Ole Miss is probably in that top 4 as well. Both were spanked in non-conference play by Memphis and FSU respectively.

The Big 12 has an argument with quality at the top with TCU, Baylor, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State. However, it’s more top heavy than the Big 10 and defense is optional.

As the year has played out and considering what leagues did also stepping out of the conference, I think the Big 10 had the best year.

I agree with most of this except that Northwestern being "solid" and Iowa Being able to play with anyone. Northwestern has played an extremly high amount of close games against teams they should have steamrolled so no i think there like Iowa over rated. Iowa has the easiest power 5 schedule ive ever seen. i still believe the Big 10 and the Big 12 are top heavy conferences while the SEC and Pac-12 are best conferences in terms of depth the ACC is pure ****(blame Florida State for making me very bias against ACC.......Bastards)

Some of the responses I found amusing. This was nothing more than a post with an opinion about conference strength in this particular season.

As I said before, when you objectively look at the SEC, it's hard to even identify the 4 best clubs in the league. I noticed very few people bothered to make an argument for just exactly who the SEC's top 4 teams are. If you want to make fun of Florida....fine, but that would only be further proof that the SEC is not the best conference this season. Because Florida beat some of the teams in the running for that "top 4" within the league including Tennessee, Georgia, and Mississippi. LSU can make an argument for the top 4. How good do you think they are? Some might also argue for a 7-5 Arkansas squad that lost to Toledo and was slapped around by Texas Tech. Keep in mind that Florida went to overtime with Florida Atlantic and Georgia went to overtime with Georgia Southern. If you argue Tennessee (being in the top 4), then you're talking about an 8-4 squad with their best win over a team that was taken to overtime by Georgia Southern and fired their coach. Florida wasn't/isn't the only SEC team that has struggled this season.

Northwestern, as an example, has a win over Stanford. Quick, someone find the SEC's best non-conference win......is it Alabama over Wisconsin? South Carolina over North Carolina? So, if you have that little respect for the Big 10, stop and realize the SEC beat absolutely nobody out of conference except for these two games. And within the conference, who has quality wins. Georgia is 5-3 within the league. Who did they beat? Tennessee is 5-3 within the league. Who did they beat? Some teams in the West have their best conference wins against a team that was punked by Memphis or lost to Toledo and Texas Tech.

As for laughing at Iowa because of last season, Auburn was 8-5 in 2009 losing to Kentucky during the season (at home) and won the national title in 2010. Auburn was 3-9 in 2012 before playing for the national title in 2013. Oklahoma was 7-5 in 1999 before winning the national title in 2000. I'm not saying Iowa is going to win the national title or even the Big 10. What I am saying is don't dismiss them as a bad football team this season because of last season. Right now, there are only two teams that are undefeated and they are one of them.

IMO, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State and Iowa have shown that they are quality football teams and the league as a whole is deeper than people think

Oh, in case more possible proof was needed, right now there are only 4 SEC teams that are ranked and only 2 are in the top 15.

Just name me the SEC teams that could not beat the following and I'll play along.

Purdue
Ill
Indiana
Maryland
Rutgers
Minnesota

With this juggernaut list I don't know how the big10 isn't given more respect

I'd give KY odds of going .700 and Vandy might go .500.
The entire SECW could sweep.

Last edited:
Oh, in case more possible proof was needed, right now there are only 4 SEC teams that are ranked and only 2 are in the top 15.

The SEC is and has always been at a disadvantage for being competitive across the conference. Hell crappy Vandy had a nationally ranked defense.

The end of season rankings always favor good teams in bad conferences.

Last edited:
UT is 2nd in the east and 5th or 6th best team in the league (on record) but we fought with number 2,3,4 and 18 this calendar year into the fourth quarter or beyond. If a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass when he hopped but if UF and UT swapped records or play as of right now this discussion doesn't go far. UF is the outlier. Ole Miss, LsU, Bama, UT maybe even MSU and AR could all be division leaders in the Big10.

Last edited:

Your point is totally valid. My point is a ****ty SEC would STILL skull drag most of the Big10. 99 said Big10 was better period and there is a difference. I said earlier parity is coming to College FB. Big TV money is everywhere now and good coaches are in other conferences.

Conference%20Standings%20YTD_2.png

This says it all to me its really a personal opinion on what you consider a better conference. A couple really dominant teams or dominant teams surrounded by great and good teams:thumbsup: this message is Jalen Hurd Approved....I'd hope it is anyway

Reactions: 1 person
The Big 10 has stepped up their game. IMO no conference can state they have a more dominant program. Iowa hasn't played anybody. MSU should and will spank them on Saturday. Ohio State lost to the ranked opponent they played. Michigan had a good stretch, but the gig is up. A good running back is their kryptonite.

If rivalry games are closely contested, knock down drag out affairs, then it's Florida Atlantic

As Keith Jackson would have said: "whew doggies" what a game...
Keith Jackson gave us a second place finish in the Hypeman. He sux.

VN Store

Back