Yahoo reporting Bama and South Carolina named

the **** has hit the fan...finally...what a joke the NCAA is...took the FBI to try to clear up corruption that has gone on for years...about time...UT could be a benefactor...paging Coach Barnes...:)

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The FBI investigation isn't about NCAA violations.

It's about income tax evasion.

So it looks like John Currie made the right move when he let Frank Martin go at Kansas State.

I hate basketball and basketball coaches. It's such a sissy sport. If they anihilate it out of existence it'd be fine with me

Reactions: 1 person

Attachments

• 0F703AA3-061B-47B0-8D07-DFBA8843A3FB.jpg
    0F703AA3-061B-47B0-8D07-DFBA8843A3FB.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 9
Honestly, I'm just glad slime balls like Pitino are getting what's coming to them. And there's a bunch more just like him. I honestly hope Pearl does not get dinged by it, and Barnes, but overall BB coaches are the worst! Standing on the sidelines in their suit and tie screaming at their players like they are 6 year olds. Please who watches that crap.

I hate basketball and basketball coaches. It's such a sissy sport. If they anihilate it out of existence it'd be fine with me

You ever taken a full speed charge from a guy the size of a linebacker? It ain't fun.

I have a suspicion NIKE is behind the whole thing.Only Addidas schools have been implicated so far. If they come down on Ky, and Duke,then I'll believe it's legit.Maybe Person and even Petino will roll on the corruption with Nike,world wide Wes and Lebron James.Then the stuff will hit the wall.
:rolleyes:

I have a suspicion NIKE is behind the whole thing.Only Addidas schools have been implicated so far. If they come down on Ky, and Duke,then I'll believe it's legit.Maybe Person and even Petino will roll on the corruption with Nike,world wide Wes and Lebron James.Then the stuff will hit the wall.
:rolleyes:

Arizona Nike
Auburn Under Armor
USC Nike
Ok State Nike
Louisville Adidas

Am I off-base here, but it seems to me that everyone in the sports media knew what was going on too. Why have they not broke this open before now? It just appears to me that they, as a group, must have been complicit in this too. Anyone heard of investigative journalism?!

Obviously, it is more an ethical thing for journalists, rather than legal, but still...If they knew stuff, why weren't they reporting it?...Unless they didn't want it to hurt their local/favorite team.

Many of the media were players themselves; some of them not so long ago. Those guys would have seen it, heard about it, or even been apart of it. They were not going to bring the party down on the young guys.

“Sissy sport” please, basketball is one of, if not the toughest/most physical sports. (If played right)

http://www.volnation.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=137940&stc=1&d=1506650734

"Most physical".......really?

I know basketball is tough and it is physical; however in football there is contact on every play, and hard contact on most.

In basketball if there is too much contact there are free throws.

Now if you are saying the players have to be physical and maybe the most physical......I can go with you on that.

It seems that the former players who are now in the media are putting out the excuse for not reporting this before the FBI got involved that a lot of the people involved are from poor neighborhoods and humble upbringing and this was something they deserved.

If UNC or KY were caught up in this, the rules would be changed and we'd finally have one way to stop exploiting college athletes.

NCAA couldn't clean it up cause they didn't WANT to clean it up. Their big paycheck is the NCAA tournament. They want the Dukies, cats, UNC (usually no classes), Louisville with RickyP in the tourney.

FBI should investigate the NCAA next.

Has it occurred to you brainiacs that the NCAA has neither the manpower nor the legal authority to conduct long, complex investigations like this? Can the NCAA wiretap people, for example? I don't think so. The NCAA is NOT the FBI--duh. What the NCAA should do is what I presume was done here--when there are preliminary indications of crime, or initial evidence, it should call in law enforcement or the FBI and let them take over.

https://sports.yahoo.com/alabama-caught-fbi-probe-001659682.html

quote from the article:

"Wednesday night, Alabama accepted the resignation of men’s basketball administrator Kobie Baker after an internal review. Baker’s previous job: assistant director of enforcement at the NCAA"

You can't make this stuff up. Of course they put former NCAA enforcement guys on their payroll and OF COURSE nobody says a word about it. And OF COURSE he's corrupt. What a joke.

to say when the former NCAA enforcement guy was put on their payroll? I'm not getting your indignation here. There was nothing wrong with hiring the guy; indeed, it could have been, and surely was, interpreted as a smart move. Turns out he was corrupt. You seem to be presuming that "they"--the university, who"--should have predicted that he would be corrupt. Unless someone has a shady past, one tends to presume that an individual is not shady.

Because when they do, and people don't like what was asked/investigated, they get accused of "stirring the pot" and "fake news". As is evident of this board bad-mouthing Hyams for asking a question on Monday.

A fortune 500 company paying coaches and recruits is on a much different level than clarifying a he said she said rumor of the players fighting and/or injured players quitting the team. Hell I'm happy to hear somebody is fired up enough to get in some people's faces after a loss. If a guy wants to walk, wish him the best and keep moving.

VN Store

Back