Y’all go ahead and be miserable

I am not miserable I am just puzzled. I do not see Milton making the passes that I feel most quality SEC QB's make. Have you seen Joe make a slant across the middle? or a the TE down the seam? or a 15 yd out pattern? That is what I expected to see Heupel have Milton work on in this game and it did not happen. So even though I am happy for the win I am frustrated with the lack of growth I see in the play calls and passing game. It is either throw the WR screen or go 60+ on a pass play and hope the WR can make a play.
So all other SEC QBs have 100% completion rate? I've seen Milton hit all those passes....not sure what you're whining about. Maybe you don't know what you're looking at to begin with.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I think a lot of people just see the writing on the wall and are frustrated.

Really why I’ve gotten more into the NFL the last few years. Grown men, held accountable for their mistakes so they make very few.
No, the NFL is the best of the best. You have a low info issue. Only 1600 of them

While I go ahead and enjoy a victory. I’m continually amazed at the negativity
We need less sunshine pumpers and fans in denial like yourself. Fam's like yourself have such a low standard for this program that you are happy with subpar play.

"NegaVols" are only mad because we believe in this team and know they can play at a higher standard. Good programs have a higher standard to live up to. This isn't a mid 2010's Tennessee team with low expectation. We can do better and are destined for great things under Huepel. But we are taking a slight step back if we continue to play like we are. Gotta keep the momentum.

I just wish fans like yourself would actually believe in this team and hold them to a decent standard. Do better! Stop looking the other way and making dumb posts like this. Do you think Alabama or Georgia fans are happy withbtheir team's performance? No, its because the stabdard is high and their fans expect so. You don't get participation points for showing up..

So all other SEC QBs have 100% completion rate? I've seen Milton hit all those passes....not sure what you're whining about. Maybe you don't know what you're looking at to begin with.
I have seen many top teams have lapses, some on here scrutinize every single thing. We do have to get out of our lapses or sleepwalking at times. But I have watched a lot of games and nobody plays flawless. Sometimes things click perfect but most of the time teams have to fight off adversity and make the plays when it counts the most. We were up 31-0 at half. Our D played well. The first 2 drives and defensive stands in the 3rd were not good, but we settled down made adjustments and rolled. We are not that far off. GBO

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Thankfully... that thinking is wrong.

UT is developing some guys that will get better. The LB group misses Pili. Pili might have been a big difference maker in the UF game. But last night the Vols had Telander, Carter, Herring, and Perry flying around making plays. There were mistakes to clean up... but those guys will be better this week than last. It was really encouraging to see Webb and Nimrod getting run at WR. Those guys have talent if Milton can calm down and hit them.

For that matter, Milton can still settle down and play closer to the level of his talent.
The loss of Pili really worried me when it happened and I think events have borne that out that concern. That was a key loss that reverberates across the whole defensive unit.

Reactions: sjt18
Here's what I saw: UT was picked to win by twenty something, we won by 31. We came out and pretty much destroyed them in the first half. Coming out in the second half we lost focus, they made some changes and we weren't prepared for them. We made adjustments and scored the last two TDs to make up for it. Teams are defending us deep, CJH is going with the horizontal game. We tried to force some deep shots with mixed results. Next week is a whole new animal. Hopefully, we'll be fine

I’m baffled at the amount of people saying “just win” while also seeing a bunch of people complaining at how we won. Something doesn’t add up.
There were a lot of games we could have lost that wouldn’t have caused the visceral reaction that yet another loss to a (mediocre) Florida team produced. That game triggers some of the worst battered Vol memories and getting a win in it this season would meant that a huge ghost had been vanquished for the program. The reaction is understandable

I think a lot of people just see the writing on the wall and are frustrated.

Really why I’ve gotten more into the NFL the last few years. Grown men, held accountable for their mistakes so they make very few.
Oh tell me your a Titan fan watching all that great offensive play. The NFL is pro’s and you still see teams make bad plays. But college isn’t pro’s everything is much more a work in progress. But if your so sure you seeing the writing on the wall for the Vols by all means go watch the NFL. Go find your flawless team and flawless play. 😆🤣GBO

Reactions: marky mark1
The nay-sayers don't bother me nearly as much as the never analyze anything-ers. I cannot for the life of me figure out why you can't enjoy the win but also see that the offensive line needs work. People who love the game can look at a Florida team and analyze Graham Mertz all day long, but let any Tennessee fan just hint that Joe Milton makes some questionable decisions and out come the knives: YOU ARE NOT A TRUE FAN...NEENER NEENER NEENER. Sad to say but folks that's exactly what Brent Hubbs does, what Eric Cain does, what Dave Hooker & Caleb do, and On3. You can surmise that Spencer Rattler is a great QB but has an abysmal O-line, that Jalen Milroe has great field skills but throws interceptions when he gets rattled, you're allowed to do that as a SC fan, or a Bama fan. But let one Tennessee fan express a CONCERN-- just a concern, and it's instant anathema: BURN HIM AT THE STAKE...he's not a real Tennessee fan! To me, those of you who do that are just as bad as the negavols. If you look around the league, listen to a few experts, listen to a few NFL scouts and how they rate plays & players, you'll find that they analyze everything according to stats within stat categories within plays. THEY are saying the same things that some of us see--this could be an 11-1 team, but statistically it isn't very PROBABLE with the current state of play within position groups. That's not hating on Vols, it's a dose of reality that can be a hard pill to swallow. What I see, is that this is a vastly different offense than the ones Heupel normally dials up, tempo is off, accuracy is off, and the receivers are not as sure-handed as what we were sold. We can argue all day long about the statistics, but until we have good statistics in games within our own conference, we're going to have an SEC power ranking of 10.

And I'm here to be negative again. Florida beat freaking Charlotte 22-7 with only 1 TD. Lol

Bet you and a bunch of others would have cared if they hadn't....lol
EVERYBODY is happy that they won, but not everybody thinks that the methodology will translate into a win against the gamecocks. TN SEC power rating of 10. SC, KY, A & M, Bama, Missouri, and UGA are all better than Florida, and Florida stomped us. We HOPE Mays comes back, Thornton isn't a bust, the secondary can tackle, and the O-line can create holes. Sampson looks amazing. To let Rattler humiliate us in Neyland would be devastating. I think most of the negative comments are just frustration in knowing that we have to play better to beat them. We will have to play better than we've played in any game this season thus far. That ain't negativity, thats a fact.

We got tons to get better at, I think most realize that. We just have to be more consistent. That goes for Joe and everyone. We have build on our positives and work on our weaknesses. You have some on here that are one extreme or another. I prefer to be a cup is half full guy that wants to win them all. You can’t ignore your weaknesses but you can’t ignore the good things either. The old adage it’s never as good or bad as it seems is true here. But we aren’t void of talent and if we address and improve on our weaknesses and build on our strengths this can be a very good team. But being a totally negative fan is a bad way to go through life. I don’t strive to see 7-5 or 8-4 seasons, I want to be contending and winning championships. But teams evolve as they go through a season and abandoning a college team after 3-4 games or writing them off is not what true fans do. Some fans have to understand it’s not a easy journey. GBO

EVERYBODY is happy that they won, but not everybody thinks that the methodology will translate into a win against the gamecocks. TN SEC power rating of 10. SC, KY, A & M, Bama, Missouri, and UGA are all better than Florida, and Florida stomped us. We HOPE Mays comes back, Thornton isn't a bust, the secondary can tackle, and the O-line can create holes. Sampson looks amazing. To let Rattler humiliate us in Neyland would be devastating. I think most of the negative comments are just frustration in knowing that we have to play better to beat them. We will have to play better than we've played in any game this season thus far. That ain't negativity, thats a fact.
That they beat us and they are better than them stuff doesn’t fly and never has. Please just stop on comparing games. Don’t even try it. Sure we have to play better but comparing games is a no no and that theory has been torn to shreds over the years and is a very bad road to go down. GBO

The nay-sayers don't bother me nearly as much as the never analyze anything-ers. I cannot for the life of me figure out why you can't enjoy the win but also see that the offensive line needs work. People who love the game can look at a Florida team and analyze Graham Mertz all day long, but let any Tennessee fan just hint that Joe Milton makes some questionable decisions and out come the knives: YOU ARE NOT A TRUE FAN...NEENER NEENER NEENER. Sad to say but folks that's exactly what Brent Hubbs does, what Eric Cain does, what Dave Hooker & Caleb do, and On3. You can surmise that Spencer Rattler is a great QB but has an abysmal O-line, that Jalen Milroe has great field skills but throws interceptions when he gets rattled, you're allowed to do that as a SC fan, or a Bama fan. But let one Tennessee fan express a CONCERN-- just a concern, and it's instant anathema: BURN HIM AT THE STAKE...he's not a real Tennessee fan! To me, those of you who do that are just as bad as the negavols. If you look around the league, listen to a few experts, listen to a few NFL scouts and how they rate plays & players, you'll find that they analyze everything according to stats within stat categories within plays. THEY are saying the same things that some of us see--this could be an 11-1 team, but statistically it isn't very PROBABLE with the current state of play within position groups. That's not hating on Vols, it's a dose of reality that can be a hard pill to swallow. What I see, is that this is a vastly different offense than the ones Heupel normally dials up, tempo is off, accuracy is off, and the receivers are not as sure-handed as what we were sold. We can argue all day long about the statistics, but until we have good statistics in games within our own conference, we're going to have an SEC power ranking of 10.
Well we have only had 1 game against that competition, we didn’t get it done. But does that mean the season is over and things won’t change. No it doesn’t, anybody tuning out the season at this point is a weak fan in my opinion. GBO

They are immature. They think their feelings matter about the game. They don’t.
We played good enough to drum UTSA. That IS a victory, but we probably chuckled when Army did the same thing last week. People are just frustrated that the tempo seems to have faded, and that our receivers have a hard time getting open against inferior opponents. Hopefully we get that figured out. If Mays heals up, and we get better O-line play, our running game will be the cog that gets the passing game going. If we do that, they gotta stack the box. Samson looked terrifying.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
I am not miserable I am just puzzled. I do not see Milton making the passes that I feel most quality SEC QB's make. Have you seen Joe make a slant across the middle? or a the TE down the seam? or a 15 yd out pattern? That is what I expected to see Heupel have Milton work on in this game and it did not happen. So even though I am happy for the win I am frustrated with the lack of growth I see in the play calls and passing game. It is either throw the WR screen or go 60+ on a pass play and hope the WR can make a play.
Didn’t Milton hit #84 over the middle yesterday? What about hitting Keyton over the middle on a quick slant vs AP. Hit Warren for a TD vs Va over the middle.

Well we have only had 1 game against that competition, we didn’t get it done. But does that mean the season is over and things won’t change. No it doesn’t, anybody tuning out the season at this point is a weak fan in my opinion. GBO
Here we go again with "weak fan" crap. Have you even pulled up the stats for UVA, AP, FLA, and UTSA? I don't think it makes me a weak fan. There's a reason Vegas is rich, and that their lines-- more often that not-- win people money. They create those with stats. I hope we beat the britches off of Sean Beamer, I want it so bad I can taste it. I'm not a weak fan. Fans that have the audacity to criticize ANY critique look extremely hypocritical when they do it to other teams but cannot endure a modicum of scrutiny against their own team.

I think most fans are happy that the program has on a very different trajectory than it was under prove it. But fans also are for the most part pretty intelligent, and understand we have an incredible offensive scheme that leads to receivers, running wide-open 5–7 times a game. We saw a quarterback a few years ago that just couldn’t make very basic throws on a consistent basis.

When he went out, we immediately saw a good quarterback consistently make those routine throws. The frustrating part is we are taking a step backwards this year and didn’t have to. Heupel circled back and essentially repeated. The only mistake is made in his time here, and giving the job to Milton again. And again… He just can’t consistently make easy/routine throws.

We heard the same crap two years ago… We don’t know who’s best, we aren’t at practice, blah blah. But as soon as another quarterback, got an opportunity to play what happened? Or any of us miserable then?

At this point Niko has the same amount of experience in Heupel system that hooker had. He should be at the very least given meaningful reps early in ever game.

It’s not about being miserable. It’s just making a basic observation that this quarterback isn’t good and has never been good.

Here we go again with "weak fan" crap. Have you even pulled up the stats for UVA, AP, FLA, and UTSA? I don't think it makes me a weak fan. There's a reason Vegas is rich, and that their lines-- more often that not-- win people money. They create those with stats. I hope we beat the britches off of Sean Beamer, I want it so bad I can taste it. I'm not a weak fan. Fans that have the audacity to criticize ANY critique look extremely hypocritical when they do it to other teams but cannot endure a modicum of scrutiny against their own team.
Are you tuning out the rest of the season? If not I wasn’t talking about you. Nobody wants to win more than me. I have been a fan over 50 years, I have seen the good,bad, ugly and average. But if one says he is done and not watching no more after 3-4 games yes he is a weak Vol fan. Especially after coming off a 11-2 year. I wasn’t talking about frustrated fans. So unless you have quit on them I wasn’t talking to you and maybe you should read a little closer. Concerns are one thing, one abandoning is another. But them types will flock back at the first big win. Under another name on here of course. GBO

I think most fans are happy that the program has on a very different trajectory than it was under prove it. But fans also are for the most part pretty intelligent, and understand we have an incredible offensive scheme that leads to receivers, running wide-open 5–7 times a game. We saw a quarterback a few years ago that just couldn’t make very basic throws on a consistent basis.

When he went out, we immediately saw a good quarterback consistently make those routine throws. The frustrating part is we are taking a step backwards this year and didn’t have to. Heupel circled back and essentially repeated. The only mistake is made in his time here, and giving the job to Milton again. And again… He just can’t consistently make easy/routine throws.

We heard the same crap two years ago… We don’t know who’s best, we aren’t at practice, blah blah. But as soon as another quarterback, got an opportunity to play what happened? Or any of us miserable then?

At this point Niko has the same amount of experience in Heupel system that hooker had. He should be at the very least given meaningful reps early in ever game.

It’s not about being miserable. It’s just making a basic observation that this quarterback isn’t good and has never been good.
So you think Nico is ready and Heupel who sees them everyday is wrong and you are right. I guarantee when Nico is ready he will be the starter. He does need to gain some strength, I do think he will play some as the season goes. But everybody always thinks number 2 is better when number 1 is struggling some. I will go with the staff that sees them everyday. Heupel’s offensive numbers kinda prove he knows what he is doing. GBO

VN Store

Back