Y’all are crazy

I really don’t understand the Freeze love. His record at Ole Miss was subpar and he’s only a hot commodity right now because he’s doing great things at Liberty. But Liberty isn’t the SEC, so what exactly makes everyone think he’d come in here an turn things around?
Personally I’m a Campbell guy. To do what he’s done at Iowa State is impressive; and he’s doing it against much stronger opponents than Liberty’s.
I'm cool with either. Love Campbell. Freeze scares me but he wants to be here and what have we really got to lose?

I really don’t understand the Freeze love. His record at Ole Miss was subpar and he’s only a hot commodity right now because he’s doing great things at Liberty. But Liberty isn’t the SEC, so what exactly makes everyone think he’d come in here an turn things around?
Personally I’m a Campbell guy. To do what he’s done at Iowa State is impressive; and he’s doing it against much stronger opponents than Liberty’s.
Me either....Better than Pruitt, no doubt.

Reactions: Checker_the_Shire
Really think Hugh freeze is a solid hire? Better yet, when someone like Gus Malzahn (who’s beaten all of our rivals a handful of times) is waiting at home on a phone call, you’d rather go after a dude like Freeze?

ALL ABOARD THE GUS BUS

I’ll pass on the Malzahn, low risk low reward. High risk high reward would be Freeze 🥶 or Briles. Id take either of those guys and their baggage over Gus any day of the week.

Reactions: jeff1vol
I'm cool with either. Love Campbell. Freeze scares me but he wants to be here and what have we really got to lose?
I keep hearing that he wants to be here, but I can’t seem to actually find hard evidence outside of here. I mean is that what it is? People just assuming he’d want to come here because it’s the SEC?

I’ll pass on the Malzahn, low risk low reward. High risk high reward would be Freeze 🥶 or Briles. Id take either of those guys and their baggage over Gus any day of the week.
Briles, really? Those are some sanctions you don’t get over. No matter how much you want to win hiring a dude like Art Briles who let go on what he did is absolutely unacceptable. That’s where the line is drawn.

Reactions: VOLNPA
I keep hearing that he wants to be here, but I can’t seem to actually find hard evidence outside of here. I mean is that what it is? People just assuming he’d want to come here because it’s the SEC?
There is an article that alleges he broke into Neyland in 92 promising his new wife he'd be an SEC coach someday. Not sure of the validity, but the article is real.

Unfortunately we missed out on those options last time around. I don't see them available time. IMO

No doubt a “huge” hire may be off the table. However Tennessee May have been given a gift from the 12 million dollar fairy.

Put that 12 million to some good use.

Reactions: Gillimus and VOLNPA
Really think Hugh freeze is a solid hire? Better yet, when someone like Gus Malzahn (who’s beaten all of our rivals a handful of times) is waiting at home on a phone call, you’d rather go after a dude like Freeze?

ALL ABOARD THE GUS BUS
Gus sucks. Every time a coaching search commences, half of Volnation sets the bar at floor level, panics and accepts anyone with a pulse.

Replacing Pruitt with Malzahn is like shatting your pants and changing your shirt.
Got that from a Trump/Biden meme...but it applies.

Reactions: Power T-Rev
Lol different sec when Fulmer coached vs when Freeze coached. Not even remotely the same.
Plus Freeze coached at Ole Miss. Even Cutcliffe had barely over a .500 record at Ole Miss. It SHOULD be much harder to win at Ole Miss than Tennessee. Tennessee has really fallen as a program the past 15 years.

Reactions: Tnfan41 and FBtime
Gus sucks. Every time a coaching search commences, half of Volnation sets the bar at floor level, panics and accepts anyone with a pulse.
He’s not my top choice, but let’s be fair... you don’t win 60% of your SEC games if you suck. Not many coaches have done that in the Saban era. Only 2 others I think.

He’s not my top choice, but let’s be fair... you don’t win 60% of your SEC games if you suck. Not many coaches have done that in the Saban era. Only 2 others I think.
And he's beaten Saban head to head on 3 occasions since 2013. Has any other coach done that?

Reactions: bpalmer28
And he's beaten Saban head to head on 3 occasions since 2013. Has any other coach done that?
No. Freeze was close to beating him 3 years in a row but lost 2016 like 46-43 thanks to 2 or 3 non-offensive TDs for Bama.

Edit: I was wrong. Miles was 3-7 against him. Also Urban doesn’t have 3 but he’s 2-1 against Saban.

Just FYI, Gus is 2-7 against Georgia, 0-1 against Florida and 3-5 against Alabama in the past 8 years. So, I mean....he isn't exactly "lighting it up" against our rivals, but he also is still an upgrade from what we have.

Reactions: bpalmer28
Freeze did that at Ole Miss with a lot less talent than Gus had.

I think it's hard to judge anyone who had to compete in the SEC West during the time that Mullen was at Miss. State, Miles had LSU on top, and of course Saban was at Bama.

That being said, now that Mullen is at Florida, and Kirby at Georgia, I'm not sure the East is much easier.

Freeze did that at Ole Miss with a lot less talent than Gus had.
Freeze had a top 8 class in 2013 with Tunsil, Treadwell, and the DE whose name I can't spell, a few top 17 classes and a top 5 in 2016. He had players.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back