WWE Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also waiting on Kennedy to do something. He's the next Rock

The roid issue kind of derailed him. I think he is back on track. He was supposed to be VKM's bastard son instead of Horny but when he got suspended they changed it. Which has worked out to be pretty funny but look for HHH to reveal he switched the test results and Kennedy is the real bastard!

The roid issue kind of derailed him. I think he is back on track. He was supposed to be VKM's bastard son instead of Horny but when he got suspended they changed it. Which has worked out to be pretty funny but look for HHH to reveal he switched the test results and Kennedy is the real bastard!

The roid issue didn't seem to hurt Orton which pisses me off.

Orton must have something on Vince! However he has been in and out of the dog house several times. I do think HHH does factor in some of Vince's decisions. I think that is why Flair has lasted as long as he has.

Great, they'll probably hire Uwe Boll to direct and they'll really suck.

John Cena had some strong words for Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson in a recent interview with The Sun out of the United Kingdom. Cena said, "He is a genuinely nice guy and a fantastic human being.

"What I kind of get peeved about, and this is my Achilles heel, is that I've wanted to do this my who
le life.

"Rock falls into that category. At one point he loved wrestling and wanted to do this all his life.

"So explain to me why he can't come back.

"Simply put it's because he wants to be an actor and there's nothing wrong with that. He's very good and very successful. Associating with sports entertainment doesn't do much for his acting career. I get it.

"Just don't f*** me around and tell me that you love this.

"That's the only thing that gets me really p***ed off."

I kind of agree with Cena but.....
I hope Rock doesnt come back now, because I know Vince will have Cena squash him. The whole "Cena owns Angle" thing is my way of trying to get cheap heat. Ive hated Cena since 2004 when he was at his most popular, I was never impressed with a Cena match until he had that streetfight with Umaga last year on PPV, he & Batista have gotten better in the ring so I have let my hate for the two go.

WWE released the following press release this morning touting SmackDown's new television network:

MyNetworkTV CROWNS WWE ITS NEW PROGRAMMING CHAMP

Network Is the Exclusive Prime-Time Broadcast Home of “WWE® SmackDown®” Beginning Fall 2008

NEW YORK – MyNetworkTV and World Wrestling Entertainment® (WWE) have announced a new broadcast television home for “WWE SmackDown,” scheduled to debut in Fall 2008. The announcement was jointly made by MyNetworkTV President, Greg Meidel and WWE Chairman of the Board Vincent K. McMahon.

In making the announcement, Meidel stated, “The momentum at MyNetworkTV continues with this major acquisition. We have demonstrated tremendous growth and this partnership with WWE, the premier sports entertainment franchise in the world is a perfect fit for our viewers, advertisers and affiliates.”

The two-hour television program will be presented weekly on MyNetworkTV. “WWE SmackDown” will feature a star-studded cast of WWE Superstars, including Edge®, Rey Mysterio®, Batista®, MVP™, Kane® and Undertaker®, as well as present all the action, excitement, drama and great athleticism that have made it for nine years one of the most popular programs among males on broadcast television, and one of the top ten English language prime time programs among Hispanic households.

WWE Chairman Vince McMahon added, “We are excited to add MyNetworkTV and its television affiliates to our family of global network partners. We have an unmatched record of delivering ratings success to each and every network partner we’ve worked with in our long and storied history. We fully intend to bring that same level of success to MyNetworkTV.”

the channel formerly known as UPN I presume?

-- Last night on RAW, William Regal was given a message from SmackDown GM Vicky Guererro challenging the RAW brand to a "RAW vs. SmackDown!" insgles match to determine brand supremacy. Regal announced that the Samoan bulldozer Umaga will represent the RAW brand in the interbrand war. No word yet on who will represent SmackDown! but one name that's been discussed is Batista.

A no-DQ match would be good with those two.

Today’s Las Vegas Review-Journal has a new article online talking about Floyd Mayweather’s involvement with WrestleMania XXIV as it features comments from Oscar De La Hoya as well as comments from Mayweather that he made at yesterday’s WrestleMania press conference.

De La Hoya, who will face Mayweather in a rematch of their fight last year in September, said: "I'm sure he's going to have a good time and I'm sure the entertainment part of what he's doing is going to be successful, and I'm not going to worry about him getting hurt, whatsoever," De La Hoya continued: "Obviously, any visibility a fighter can have is great. Floyd Mayweather is doing a lot of touring and appearances, which is a plus for our September rematch. The more he does, the better."

The article mentions Mayweather’s $20 million payout by WWE and talks about the storyline between him and The Big Show.

20 mill.....unbelievable

- The WWE film crew was in attendance at the Phoenix Suns' practice at US Airways Center this morning, filming the newest member of the Suns, Shaquille O'Neal. Before sitting down for a WWE interview on the upcoming Big Show - Mayweather fight, Shaq was asked by local media members if he was a WWE fan, and said, "Of course. My favorite is the Undertaker."

- Shawn Michaels passed through the throng of reporters waiting for the Suns' practice to wrap up and asked loudly, "Oh, the Phoenix Suns are practicing in there? They don't have three championships!" Michaels is a long time San Antonio Spurs fan and, at least at one point, was a Spurs season ticket holder.

- Later in the afternoon, Mr. Kennedy and Jeff Hardy both shot several funny green-screen videos on the Suns' practice court, which will be incorporated into the Suns' new virtual locker room tour: www.SunsLockerRoom.com The web site, which currently features Suns personalities (Shaq, Nash, the Gorilla, etc), will soon be expanded to include "star dressing rooms," showcasing some of the different shows that stop by US Airways Center, such as WWE.

Heavy news day

- The Associated Press has picked up on Floyd Mayweather’s appearance at yesterday’s WrestleMania press conference from the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California. Several mainstream media outlets have posted articles. Here are some links: Sports Illustrated, LA Times, The Sweet Science

- The latest edition of Heyman Hustle is now online over on the UK’s The Sun website. You can check it out at this link.

- IMDB.com has updated the cast list of the next WWE Films production, 12 Rounds starring John Cena. The list removed Al Pacino who was rumored to make a cameo appearance in the movie. The film began filming yesterday in New Orleans, Louisiana.

Maybe Pacino can teach Cena how to sell a injury.

-- A source within WWE says that the Big Show - Mayweather angle from No Way Out went exactly as rehearsed and that Show didn't really suffer a broken nose.

-- With the first season of the new American Gladiators already done, producers for the show are looking to add more outlandish personalities to their cast for next season. As repoted, NBC has reached out to several pro wrestlers (including Chris Masters and Matt Morgan) as well as some of the athletes who tried out but didn't make the cut for the first season. People are being told to show up to auditions with their own original gimmicks.

-- Judas Mesias, Dustin Rhodes, Rellik and Payton Banks are among the wrestlers who have been working for TNA Wrestling without contracts.
-- WWE issued a press release today announcing that it has reached a multi-year agreement with the Make-A-Wish Foundation of America. You can read the entire press release Click here). WWE will be holding the biggest wish-granting event ever at WrestleMania 24 and will grant the wishes of more than 50 children over the next five weeks. John Cena was recently recognized by the Make-A-Wish Foundation for granting his 100th wish.

Ratings slide on the build up to Mania...not good

-- According to data compiled by Nielson Media Research, last night's edition of WWE Monday Night RAW drew a 3.5 cable rating. The show did hourly ratings of 3.4 and 3.6. This is significantly down from last week's 4.0

UPDATED WM card

WWE Championship Match
- Randy Orton (c) vs. John Cena vs. Triple H

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match
- Edge (c) vs. The Undertaker

Money In The Bank Ladder Match
- Confirmed thus far: Ken Kennedy vs. Chris Jericho vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Jeff Hardy

Career Threatening Match
- Ric Flair vs. Shawn Michaels

Raw vs. SmackDown Match
- Umaga vs. Batista

Playboy BunnyMania
Candice Michelle & Maria vs. Beth Phoenix & Melina

The Big Show vs. Floyd Mayweather
Good 'ol Jim Ross updated the "Q&A" section of his website, JRsBarBQ.com. Here are some of the hilights:

When asked whethere WWE would hire an orchestra to play at WrestleMania: How in the blue hell would I know the that question? I mean really, how? Mr. McMahon likes it best when I don’t have any lengthy conversations with him and I do my best to accommodate his wishes

Regarding Bobby Lashley's WWE Release: Lashley wanted out and no one can be forced to stay if they don’t want to be there. This is a better question for Bobby to answer.

On a possible Lashley vs. Brock Lesnar MMA match: Don’t think that can’t happen. Is it a long shot? Possibly. But a smart promoter is going to keep this match in the back of their mind if both athletes get to the top level of MMA.

When asked whether WWE stars travel together or individually and how WWE transports its rings: The WWE provides travel, hotel and some food on all International tours. They also have rings stored in the various regions they travel.

When asked why The Undertaker did not appear on the RAW specials after when Owen Hart Eddie Guererro died: Much more TV persona than anything. Taker loved both men and had huge respect for them. Please don’t over analyze this matter and make more of it than it simply is.

I never liked Lashley either.

I ask myself why I keep looking in this thread...... I've decided that I'm super bored and read things I could care less about when I am that way.

My money is on jericho winning the money n the bank......Oh yea Ill be at Wreslt Mania Im pumped.....its also i shame that HBK will end Flair career.....flair has said numerous times that this was his last wrestle mania

Why do you think he chose HBK to end it? There's probably not two guys in that locker room with more respect for Flair than HBK and HHH.

No match, with the possible exception of a Both Competitors In This Abomination Are Going To Be Relegated To Wrestling Truck Drivers In High School Gyms Match, between Batista and Umaga would be remotely within the realm of "good."

having been at WM 23 in Detroit, I do have to give Batista credit for stealing the show with Taker.

I would also be 99% sure that Taker deserves more of that credit, but at least Batista got out of the way and didn't screw it up.

Hat, do you think Vince got a wee bit desperate and WAY overpaid for Mayweather? and what do you think will happen with the actual match?

So is this just a one night deal for the Rock? I mean is he going to show up at WM and not on raw the following monday?

having been at WM 23 in Detroit, I do have to give Batista credit for stealing the show with Taker.

I would also be 99% sure that Taker deserves more of that credit, but at least Batista got out of the way and didn't screw it up.

Hat, do you think Vince got a wee bit desperate and WAY overpaid for Mayweather? and what do you think will happen with the actual match?

I'm not Hat, but no one should get 20 million for one match.

TVOLS So is this just a one night deal for the Rock? I mean is he going to show up at WM and not on raw the following monday?

This is from Jim Ross and I think he answers both questions.

I don’t expect Rock’s hectic schedule to allow him to make an appearance at WM24 but seeing him on Saturday at the HOF ceremony will be memorable and having The Rock back on "WWE soil" is long overdue.
-J.R.

that’s a boat load of cash that Floyd "Money", "Pretty Boy", "The Greatest Fighter on Earth" Mayweather, Jr. is apparently getting to step in the ring with the Big Show at Wrestlemania 24. Twenty million dollars will buy "Money" a bunch of J.R.’s Bar-B-Q, let me tell you and even a few "I’ve Got Big Nuts" T-shirts, which you should be ordering today for yourself. I still don’t know what the match stipulations will be, but considering that Big Show is going to box an exhibition bout on the next Monday Night Raw, one could assume that the Mayweather-Show attraction at WM24 will be a boxing contest. However, we all know what happens when one assumes, especially in the wrestling biz, don’t we?
J.R.

I cant believe no one here is excited about seeing Maria's boobs.

I think I will rate them :
Champion: Torrie Wilson
1. Torrie & Sable
2. Sable
3. Ashley Massaro
4. Candice Michelle she is the epitome of a butterface
5. Chyna- Ive never been more thankful for airbrushing.

This might end up being a great post padding thread, I didnt read this but somebody might

WWE issued a statement on their corporate website today responding to Congressman Lee Terry’s comments where he commended Committee Chairman Bobby Rush for calling out Vince McMahon. Below is the full statement:

Any suggestion made today by Members of the House Committee on Energy and Commerce that I or my organization, WWE, have been uncooperative or that I have in any way “flipped [my] finger” at the Committee by not accepting its invitation to testify today is inaccurate and unfair. The WWE has provided over 3,000 pages of documents and cooperated with all requests from the Committee, as we have with similar requests from the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee. The first and only response to our cooperation from the Committee on Energy and Commerce was an invitation to testify at today’s hearing sent to me by Congressman Rush on January 23, 2008. In that letter, he clearly states that I have the right, according to House rules, to be accompanied by my own counsel. I responded to the invitation to testify by declining for that very reason. My attorney of 20 years, Jerry McDevitt, is unavailable because he is currently representing another client on trial in Pittsburgh, PA (U.S. vs. Cyril Wecht). Since I sent my letter of declination 30 days ago, there had been no response from the Committee until today’s unfair and inaccurate comments made by members of the Committee. Despite this, as I pledged in my January 28, 2008 letter to the Committee, I remain willing to cooperate fully with the Committee's inquiry.

WWE also provides two attachments with the statement. A WWE Letter of Declination to Chairman Rush and Chairman Rush’s Invitation to Vince McMahon to Testify. You can view them and read the statement at the corporate WWE website at this link.

UFC fighter Justin "The Insane 1" McCully was a recent guest on "Inside MMA" and revealed that he will be fighting Brock Lesnar at UFC 85 on June 14th from London, England.

McCully is 6'2" and weight in at 240 pounds. He may be best known as a former pro wrestler, teaming with Chyna in New Japan Pro Wrestling several years back.

In the world of MMA, McCully is known for his good technique, striking and submissions. He has an MMA record of 8-3-2 and is 1-0 in the UFC. Fighting out of Huntington Beach, California, he is a teammate of UFC legend Tito Ortiz.

-- As of late, Shane McMahon has drastically increased his presence at creative team meetings and is throwing out all sorts of suggestions. People backstage have noted that the timing is interesting given that Stephanie is heading out on maternity leave in June.

-- Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has signed on to star in new movie "The Tooth Fairy", playing a man recruited to take over for the Tooth Fairy and save "the Toothy Kingdom" The film will be directed by Michael Lembeck (responsible for classics such as Tim Allen's "The Santa Clause" 2 and 3). Production for "Tooth Fairy" begins in August.

you stay classy VolNation

url

I cant believe no one here is excited about seeing Maria's boobs.

I think I will rate them :
Champion: Torrie Wilson
1. Torrie & Sable
2. Sable
3. Ashley Massaro
4. Candice Michelle she is the epitome of a butterface
5. Chyna- Ive never been more thankful for airbrushing.

Torrie is very, very nice. Good pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back