WVU fans OVERCONFIDENT

GetEmVols

They may beat us, but this isn't like the Oregon game from a few years ago.

If you need help getting fired up over a game then just have a read on this thread: Greetings from a Tennessee fan | WVSports.com

I remember when Bowling Green and Cincinnati fans thought they were going to beat us on the season opener. Every year people think they are going to beat the Vols and then get that ass spanked.

I get it... the Vols went 4-8 last year. But the year before that they beat Georgia and Virginia Tech. (Team that beat WVU last year) That just shows how much can change in 1 year.

Vols are getting 7-8 wins this year and one of those could be to WVU.

They may beat us, but this isn't like the Oregon game from a few years ago.

If you need help getting fired up over a game then just have a read on this thread: Greetings from a Tennessee fan | WVSports.com

I remember when Bowling Green and Cincinnati fans thought they were going to beat us on the season opener. Every year people think they are going to beat the Vols and then get that ass spanked.

I get it... the Vols went 4-8 last year. But the year before that they beat Georgia and Virginia Tech. (Team that beat WVU last year) That just shows how much can change in 1 year.

Vols are getting 7-8 wins this year and one of those could be to WVU.

You start a thread about WVU being overconfident, then declare we're getting 7-8 wins this year.

Not really any different than our fans most years. This is the only year I can remember where I haven't seen 12-0 / 11-1 type predictions floating around on this board.

That said, we have a much better shot at winning than the media is giving us credit for. WV's defense has been awful and it's partly because their offensive scheme leaves the D no time to rest. If we can run it down their throats, play some "ball control", tire them out, and give our D a rest, we might be able to pull it off. We have more talent than them at most positions, even if we'll have the disadvantage of breaking in new schemes on both sides of the ball.

I do think West Virginia is one of the most overrated teams this preseason. They don't play enough defense to be a top 15 / top 20 team. And Holgorsen's teams have been mediocre more often than not.

We're coming off the worst season in school history, I'd be confident too if I were them
Yeah last year was awful but we didn't go 4-8 because we didn't have talent on the team, we went 4-8 because the team just like everybody else realized we didn't have coaching (some realized it alot sooner than others). To the casual fan a bad year before means a bad year the next when most of the same players are still here that is definitely not true. Players gave up on the coaches or so called coaches, there is talent on this team and now the right coaches are here to put them in the right situations. Bringing up last year has nothing to do with this year. So let them be confident, their coach is on the hotseat because of their lack of results year in and year out. Everybody will see come September 1st.

Tennessee seems to do well is these opening games. Y'all wont want to hear this. I'll gladly give WVU up for Bama or Fl. #reversethetrend.

However, Its time to win them all.

Reactions: Volanta
It's fans.. I'd say that the WV players and coaching staff are not as confident. I bet Tennessee has their attention. I bet they are looking at a lot of Alabama film, and USC film just trying to find out what Tennessee might look like. One thing is for sure, and I'll just go ahead and give WV a heads up! This Tennessee team is going to be physical, they are going to hit you in the mouth, and do it for 60 minutes! No more soft edges! No more shot gun, at the 1 yard line. If they can stand up to it, then fine, hats off to them, but if they think this is going to be a walk in the park, they might "ort" to think again, as they say in Tennessee!

If we can run it on them they will have to fill the box and I suspect our current OC knows how to hurt them with the pass when they do that. If we come out pushing them down the field with the run could be a long day for them. Of course we have to have a defense that can stop the run in a regular formation as well. I think were gonna score over thirty don't know how many we'll give up.

Why would WVU fans be scared of Tennessee? Seriously, they should be confident. No one in the country is picking us to win this game lol. Honestly, let them think this is gonna be a cake walk game. We have way more talent on this team, and they could be walking my into a buzz saw. Let them be complacent, because it will only help us.

Why would WVU fans be scared of Tennessee? Seriously, they should be confident. No one in the country is picking us to win this game lol. Honestly, let them think this is gonna be a cake walk game. We have way more talent on this team, and they could be walking my into a buzz saw. Let them be complacent, because it will only help us.

Don't know if fans being complacent will help us.

Most Football teams always come out to win and don't buy into the hype. Maybe the players will be complacent thinking it's an easy game? Doubtful, I'm sure their coach knows who and what they are about to face. It'll be a good first game. Unfortunate for WVU though when Grier can't sling it all over the place like he is use to.

"Actually, they DON’T play those 3 teams every year, because SEC scheduling is a joke."

Last comment by moron wvu fan. The3 teams listed.....florida, georgia, bama

If you already registered for that league of mental midgets they call a forum, there's some low hanging fruit for ya.

"Actually, they DON’T play those 3 teams every year, because SEC scheduling is a joke."

Last comment by moron wvu fan. The3 teams listed.....florida, georgia, bama

If you already registered for that league of mental midgets they call a forum, there's some low hanging fruit for ya.
giphy-downsized.gif

VN Store

Back