'19 WV OL Darnell Wright (Tennessee signee)

Agreed. The only position that I want more than OL is DL. We need some big, nasty pass rushers.

Hmmm.... big, nasty puss rushers, huh?

You mean... like...

A 6'2.5" 238lb 18-year-old OLB with some juice on the edge?

Reminds me of some guy we have high on our board, can't put my finger on who it was.......

Prediction: Alabama

Breakdown: Wright's recruitment has been a battle between Tennessee and Alabama almost since day one, but there are a few other teams with an outside shot at wooing Wright. He will be at Penn State for the "White Out Game" at the end of the month for the Ohio State game, and the Buckeyes will also host him for the Michigan game Thanksgiving weekend. Those are the only unofficial visits Wright has planned besides his trip to Tennessee next weekend. Official visits are in the works and could be set up within the next two weeks. All seven of these schools are potential official visit destinations.
Generally, the official visits are the major indicator of which way a recruit is leaning, but for Wright, it's almost certainly going to come down to Tennessee and Alabama, regardless of how the rest of his visits go. The sheer number of times he has been to Tennessee and the impact of his visits to Tuscaloosa will make either of them tough to beat.
Friedman

Yeah, thought it was paywalled.

Crystal Ball predictions: Ohio State 62%, Tennessee 25%, Alabama 12%

Wright, a five-star prospect and the nation's No. 2 offensive tackle in the 247Sports Composite for the 2019 class, has made multiple visits to Tennessee since last summer, and the Vols are believed to be among the top contenders for him. While Ohio State remains the Crystal Ball favorite, Tennessee has received two of the past three predictions for Wright, including one pick last month.

RC

VN Store

Back