WR core next year without Hunter and Patterson

We now have and will have a staff and that knows what the word "COACH" means. These guys WILL TEACH the talent we have and is coming into our program. CBJ said they take pride in teaching and that is really what coaching is about anyway.

Drae Bowles, Jacob Carter, Croom moved to TE, Vincent Dallas will be a senior, Camion Patrick is a 4 star, Also Cam Sutton, Paul Harris and Knoxville kid Josh Smith are 3 stars who could get some PT if needed

and im hoping we land Tyler Boyd and Marquez North

Patrick is likely not going to qualify academically and will be headed to a Juco.

Sutton is a DB and I believe Dallas is just a junior.

I would also look for the Boyd kid from PA as a possibility and potentially Massington from TX although he is probably headed to A&M.

Croom moving to TE, well-publicized.
Posted via VolNation Mobile
That was with the previous staff, and it was more experimental because of how thin the TE depth was. He'll be back at WR, as he does not have a TE build. At best, he would be a hybrid type TE, like Gronk is at the Patriots.

But if both Hunter and CP do indeed leave, then Croom will be the No.1 target at WR, next year. Don't have another WR who can win the jump ball in the end zone or create a mismatch against smallish DB's. At least not unless Harris and North sign. Even then, it would take them a while to get acclimated.

Patrick is likely not going to qualify academically and will be headed to a Juco.

Sutton is a DB and I believe Dallas is just a junior.

I would also look for the Boyd kid from PA as a possibility and potentially Massington from TX although he is probably headed to A&M.

Your right about Dallas, but according to ESPN suttons a WR.

That was with the previous staff, and it was more experimental because of how thin the TE depth was. He'll be back at WR, as he does not have a TE build. At best, he would be a hybrid type TE, like Gronk is at the Patriots.

But if both Hunter and CP do indeed leave, then Croom will be the No.1 target at WR, next year. Don't have another WR who can win the jump ball in the end zone or create a mismatch against smallish DB's. At least not unless Harris and North sign. Even then, it would take them a while to get acclimated.

hes put on like 20 lbs already. They had him at 212 when he signed and UT Sports has him at 232 now

we are not even on Tyler Boyd's list. ?

A newcomer to Boyd's recruitment is Tennessee. New Volunteers coach Butch Jones offered Boyd while at Cincinnati, and a member of the Vols' staff called Boyd on Saturday. Look in the recruiting forum for him for more info

We'll be fine on offense? Really? We will have a new QB and receivers that have virtually no experience. I would call that something less than "fine."

Is that what you gathered from watching the new coaching staff working with them in practice?

That's why you shouldn't even follow ESPN. They are a joke when it comes to following recruiting.

just checked Scout.com, am officially done with ESPN. I knew there rankings were not to be taken seriously but really?? they cant even get the dudes position right?? haha

will be interesting to watch play out. been a while since i read through the thread, but i seem to remember a while back someone saying 230 and still growing. who knows - would love to see the matchup ptoblem you're describing, but also hard to imagine a 250-260 wr.

I really look forward to seeing our CROOMSTER on the field alot next season.

He's a great WR that's still growing alot and is was him that VOLunteered to work at the TE position since we were so slim at that position.

He can still grow alot more and become a really good TE which is probably where he'll end up in the NFL but we can also move him outside as a WR too so his flexability can be a huge bonus for us IMO.

According to MZTERRY he was recruited to UC by CBJ and when they ran across each other at the 1st team meeting CBJ instantly recognised the CROOMSTER so he knows who the kid is and what he can do for us already.

TE/WR is a ideal move for him and I expect it won't take long before Neyland rocks out CROOM every time he makes a big play.

I also think that Carter will impress early as well as Pig and some others so I'm not really worried about us catching passes.

VFL...GBO!!!

VN Store

Back