WR core next year without Hunter and Patterson

We'll be fine on offense? Really? We will have a new QB and receivers that have virtually no experience. I would call that something less than "fine."

Players should develop. I'm not worried about offense that much. My biggest concern is defense, especially the secondary.

I think Jacob Carter is actually a really good receiver. He runs good routes and has good hands. I would love for Jones to utilize him more in the passing game. Receivers are not an area I'm worried about.

I think Jacob Carter is actually a really good receiver. He runs good routes and has good hands. I would love for Jones to utilize him more in the passing game. Receivers are not an area I'm worried about.

Some of the best hands on the team. He's not afraid of contact either.

We have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that in the SEC

.....You do not win with a huge passing game , but you do win if you can pound the rock. Not many schools in top 20 running the ball, outside service academies, have losing records, but the reverse is not always true with passing teams.

I could see Pig being used a lot like Ralph Abernathy at UC this year if you want to watch some film on him. He plays a slot/rb position and the kid is a lot like Pig only not quite as good. Abernathy may be a little bit more of a rb where Pig is more of a receiver though

Pig will be utilized better by the new staff and Dallas and Croom will be the stars outside.

GO VOLS!!

Could Tee get one of them to stay? Can Tee coach up Bray or would he run him off?

Watched bowles in high school, he's a special talent. I think he can be effective at this level especially if he bulks up some

Pig has potential--and indeed he's the type of player who wreaks havoc in spread offenses around the country. If florida had him, he'd probably already be a star. The fact that he showed promise in our antiquated offense is evidence of his potential--but more as RB or slot person. Dallas could be OK, too, but our passing game will fall off a lot, I think. Not trying to be negative--just realistic.

Don't worry about passing. Jones runs the ball. First season he will run it 50% or better. By the end of season 3 it will be closer to 60% if you look at his past history.

That may say more about the QBs he has had than his preferred play in a vacuum. Reality is you play with the weapons you have. If you have Peyton, you throw... a lot - but it is true that his experience in the running game will be a major plus in the SEC, where it is run, run, run all the time.

He already told the team they are going to the wing T and will run the ball every down. So they don't need receivers. :eek:lol:

Drae Bowles, Jacob Carter, Croom moved to TE, Vincent Dallas will be a senior, Camion Patrick is a 4 star, Also Cam Sutton, Paul Harris and Knoxville kid Josh Smith are 3 stars who could get some PT if needed

and im hoping we land Tyler Boyd and Marquez North

we are not even on Tyler Boyd's list. ?

VN Store

Back