Wow us taxpayers get to pay for another one

Everyone knows that the president has to be within 250 yards of the white house or else it's the end of the world.

Honestly I don't get why they are complaining. Obama does best when he does nothing at all. Less of a chance of screwing the American people over.

I have no problem with him taking a vacation. I do have a problem with him trashing congress for going on break right as he's about to go on break. It's either ok or not ok to leave DC.

Reactions: 1 person
I have no problem with him taking a vacation. I do have a problem with him trashing congress for going on break right as he's about to go on break. It's either ok or not ok to leave DC.

Dumb comment.

Congress has to be there to negotiate things like a response to immigration crisis, amongst 535 people, and then vote. Obama does not have to be there until that's done.

Does any president actually take a vacation? Aren't they all working vactions?
The president can do basically as much work on vacation as he does in the White House. Bush took so many vacations to Crawford, it was called the Western White House. My problem is not the vacations, it's the exorbitant amount of money it cost the taxpayers each time the president or member of the First Family travels.

Dumb comment.

Congress has to be there to negotiate things like a response to immigration crisis, amongst 535 people, and then vote. Obama does not have to be there until that's done.

Then Obama can come in just do what he wants.

Does any president actually take a vacation? Aren't they all working vactions?
The president can do basically as much work on vacation as he does in the White House. Bush took so many vacations to Crawford, it was called the Western White House. My problem is not the vacations, it's the exorbitant amount of money it cost the taxpayers each time the president or member of the First Family travels.

I remember Obama saying he would have a different kind of WH & set a different example as leader. He was going to be above whatever Bush was. But I still see you're using Bush as an example for the vacation debate. Well, if Bush went 500 times on vacation it's okay for this numb nuts to do it. If Bush would pee on the sofa in the Breakfast Room it's okay for this numb nuts to do the same on how many times Bush did it. Makes y'all feel better I suppose to make things equal for the next guy that comes in. The next guy or gal as President will say...."well, Obama changed laws all the time as he went along to make his agenda work so I too can change laws on a dime & get away with it". It's okay as long as the other guy does it.

I remember Obama saying he would have a different kind of WH & set a different example as leader. He was going to be above whatever Bush was. But I still see you're using Bush as an example for the vacation debate. Well, if Bush went 500 times on vacation it's okay for this numb nuts to do it. If Bush would pee on the sofa in the Breakfast Room it's okay for this numb nuts to do the same on how many times Bush did it. Makes y'all feel better I suppose to make things equal for the next guy that comes in. The next guy or gal as President will say...."well, Obama changed laws all the time as he went along to make his agenda work so I too can change laws on a dime & get away with it". It's okay as long as the other guy does it.

I used Bush to make my point that a president is never on a real vacation, he is always working, the Western White House. All presidents and families in modern history have done way too much travelling on the taxpayers dime. It's a perk of the job, an expensive perk.

Obama is a terrible president, his travels are no where near the top of the list of his failures as president.

My point the president, Obama or any other president can and do carry out the work of being president from anywhere. Each and every president I can recall could screw things up as well from Martha's Vineyard as he could from DC.

Again my problem is not with any president traveling, it is the amount it cost the taxpayers every time he or his family travels. Guess what, the next president and his/her family will also spend millions of taxpaper dollars that we don't have on unnecessary travel.

I used Bush to make my point that a president is never on a real vacation, he is always working, the Western White House. All presidents and families in modern history have done way too much travelling on the taxpayers dime. It's a perk of the job, an expensive perk.

Obama is a terrible president, his travels are no where near the top of the list of his failures as president.

My point the president, Obama or any other president can and do carry out the work of being president from anywhere. Each and every president I can recall could screw things up as well from Martha's Vineyard as he could from DC.

Again my problem is not with any president traveling, it is the amount it cost the taxpayers every time he or his family travels. Guess what, the next president and his/her family will also spend millions of taxpaper dollars that we don't have on unnecessary travel.

:good!:.....and I agree with you totally on this subject matter my dear gramps. My problem is people keep going back to Bush this & Bush that....I get tired of it. This numb nut President has been there for 6 damn years now & it's time for him to be responsible for all he does...& not because well Bush did it crap.

:good!:.....and I agree with you totally on this subject matter my dear gramps. My problem is people keep going back to Bush this & Bush that....I get tired of it. This numb nut President has been there for 6 damn years now & it's time for him to be responsible for all he does...& not because well Bush did it crap.

We are in Iraq for one reason, Bush put us there. There is plenty of Intel that says it was an unjustified war. Yes both sides of the aisle voted to give Bush the authority to invade Iraq. Both sides were wrong. Bush is the person that pulled the trigger to bomb. That doesn't change the fact we were sold untruths as justification to invade. I solely put the Iraq war on the shoulders of the Bush Administration. Afghanistan was justified, Iraq was not.

We are in Iraq for one reason, Bush put us there. There is plenty of Intel that says it was an unjustified war. Yes both sides of the aisle voted to give Bush the authority to invade Iraq. Both sides were wrong. Bush is the person that pulled the trigger to bomb. That doesn't change the fact we were sold untruths as justification to invade. I solely put the Iraq war on the shoulders of the Bush Administration. Afghanistan was justified, Iraq was not.

We went in to bomb the shat out of the terrorists that flew planes into NYC buildings is why I recall.

Last edited:

The folks who point to what Bush did do not do so to justify Obama's actions. Rather, it is done to demonstrate the ridiculous hypocrisy of the far right, which goes into apoplectic shock, every time Obama takes a day off.

So do not interpret such comments as a defense of Obama as much as an attack on the irrationality of the complainers.

Reactions: 2 people
The folks who point to what Bush did do not do so to justify Obama's actions. Rather, it is done to demonstrate the ridiculous hypocrisy of the far right, which goes into apoplectic shock, every time Obama takes a day off.

So do not interpret such comments as a defense of Obama as much as an attack on the irrationality of the complainers.

He's the worst potus ever so the scrutiny is justified. Not to mention he tries to be more of a dictator than an actual president & do what's in the best interest of all. Giving a certain segment all the s*** they need isn't fixing anything. He came up with pos legislation that is a debacle & won't fully implement because he knows it's a pos. His entire administration has been nothing but ineptness & scandals.

He's the worst potus ever so the scrutiny is justified. Not to mention he tries to be more of a dictator than an actual president & do what's in the best interest of all. Giving a certain segment all the s*** they need isn't fixing anything. He came up with pos legislation that is a debacle & won't fully implement because he knows it's a pos. His entire administration has been nothing but ineptness & scandals.

You've never, in my experience, offered an even shallowly thought out argument. You are emblematic of the tea partiers. Just screech and screech.

Reactions: 5 people
You've never, in my experience, offered an even shallowly thought out argument. You are emblematic of the tea partiers. Just screech and screech.

Obamacare & the irs scandal are just two instances that speak for themselves.

VN Store

Back