Wow, that was wild!

Understandable. However, again, its YOUR family. You'd feel differently, I presume, if some guy off the street walked up and made a joke about your grandfathers struggle and eventual death.

I actually go in the complete opposite direction and choose to keep my butt as far from my shoulders as possible. Maybe a joke is in poor taste, maybe it's not. But nobody ever knows what to say in a situation like this. No point in getting offended.

Let's put it this way, there is no way Tyler Summitt would find this funny. Conversely, there is no way the original poster says this in front of Summitt or her family. If he did, I venture to guess he'd be picking his teeth up out of the floor.

Bottom line, if its not appropriate to be said in her presence, its not appropriate to be said period. I can't believe some of you actually have to be convinced of this. If it were your mom, or your wife, you wouldn't find the humor in it, regardless of how you well you think you "appreciate humor".

It's not being pious or over-sensitive. It's called being courteous and respectful.

So when Pat cracks jokes about her mind as levity to the situation and people laugh with her, I guess she and her friends, coaches and former players are classless too.

Give me a break on this high horse bs.

Pat Summit is at the final four as a spectator. ESPN just just showed her and Geno Aremma(sp?) hugging and talking. I always thought of it as a bizarre scene when my cat plays with my neighbors pit bull but that even looked more odd.
Mutual respect.

I actually go in the complete opposite direction and choose to keep my butt as far from my shoulders as possible. Maybe a joke is in poor taste, maybe it's not. But nobody ever knows what to say in a situation like this. No point in getting offended.

I'm personally not offended, I do think its in poor taste though. To each their own.

Reactions: 2 people
I understand the hypersensitivity, but people have to understand that it's all you can do. I just lost my Grandfather to it a couple of weeks ago and my Mother in Law is in the early stages. It hurts so much to watch that you've got to find something humorous in it from time to time just to keep everybody from feeling sorry for themselves. There's no point going through life being miserable on purpose.

Some people are above the rest of us in morality I guess. My dad had wasted away from 6'2" 260 lbs to 150 lbs so far with cancer. I told him prostrate cancer was an awesome weight loss program. He laughed. He's been dead for 3 years. I get my sense of humor directly from him.

FU pompous clowns that act like I raped your mother.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm personally not offended, I do think its in poor taste though. To each their own.

What I find funny is that it was a meaningless joke but now has a much bigger audience bc you keep telling the guy how insensitive it was lol

What I find funny is that it was a meaningless joke but now has a much bigger audience bc you keep telling the guy how insensitive it was lol

What I find funny, is people like you won't let it end, but lecture others about the "bigger audience" it seems to have drawn. Every post I've made has been in response to someone else's. If you don't like it, well you have several options. I trust you'll figure one of them out.

Reactions: 1 person
Some people are above the rest of us in morality I guess. My dad had wasted away from 6'2" 260 lbs to 150 lbs so far with cancer. I told him prostrate cancer was an awesome weight loss program. He laughed. He's been dead for 3 years. I get my sense of humor directly from him.

FU pompous clowns that act like I raped your mother.

Political Sissyfication of our country.

Pretty much. I love Pat, and it really is a terrible situation, but humor is humor and its meant to lighten things up and put a lighter tone into things - not start arguments.

Tell you what, go share the "joke" with Pat and see how funny it is.

Pat Summit is at the final four as a spectator. ESPN just just showed her and Geno Aremma(sp?) hugging and talking. I always thought of it as a bizarre scene when my cat plays with my neighbors pit bull but that even looked more odd.
Well guess what? My neighbors pit bull tried to kill my cat yesterday. I thought he was going to die and at best be a 3 legged cat.But he's going to be fine. I just thought of the way I started this thread after a long night and day and $266 vet bill. I guess the same would probably happen to Pat and Geno if they were around each other too much. I think this is a first time in responding to my own post.

Glad your cat is fine. Big cat lover here. Hope that dog is put to sleep

Thanks. The problem is the dog belongs to my best friend. After the intensity of the situation wears down I'm going to explain to him that pet owners are responsible for their pets. He's kind of a young man and I'm not sure he realizes that. This time it was a friends cat, next time it might be a total strangers kid. If it was anyone else's dog I would have made them pay the bill and perhaps even insist the dog got put to sleep. I've never seen a recovery like that from an animal. Last night he was in the bathroom floor appearing to be dying with 3 working legs. Today he's almost back to normal. I'm really amazed. We were actually debating on knocking him in head with shovel to keep him from suffering.He's a warrior, just like Tee Martin who I named him after.

Awesome. Glad to hear he is fine.

Thanks. The problem is the dog belongs to my best friend. After the intensity of the situation wears down I'm going to explain to him that pet owners are responsible for their pets. He's kind of a young man and I'm not sure he realizes that. This time it was a friends cat, next time it might be a total strangers kid. If it was anyone else's dog I would have made them pay the bill and perhaps even insist the dog got put to sleep. I've never seen a recovery like that from an animal. Last night he was in the bathroom floor appearing to be dying with 3 working legs. Today he's almost back to normal. I'm really amazed. We were actually debating on knocking him in head with shovel to keep him from suffering.He's a warrior, just like Tee Martin who I named him after.

VN Store

Back