Wow, Basilio dropped some knowledge about Billy Donovan

I read a lot of these threads and I keep thinking ... does anyone remember when Fulmer was winning at or below .500 ... a large part of the fan base completely stopped watching and the stadium was nearly empty ... a college fan base that is used to winning even just a taste of winning wants to keep winning ... if the UT brass wants the fans to keep coming to the games they have to hire a coach with a winning record and a winning name ... its not just athletics anymore, its a business and if you want to keep the money rolling in you have to have a coach that knows how to win, a team that they want to watch, and fan base that is willing to push money to watch, wear, and own the team.

I kind of disagree on this one. I think you touch on it at the end of your post, but if you want the butts in the seats then you hire somebody who wins while they're here...not just somebody that has won before. If you go by what you're saying then if we hire somebody with a past winning record then we'll have a packed house whether we win 25 games or 5 games next years. We need to find somebody who WINS HERE. I agree one usually leads to the other...if you've won before, you can win at UT...but we need to find somebody that only does 2 things.... 1. Win 2. Doesn't piss off the NCAA doing it. We're now used to #1, and I believe that everybody in Vol Nation is tired of #2.

I kind of disagree on this one. I think you touch on it at the end of your post, but if you want the butts in the seats then you hire somebody who wins while they're here...not just somebody that has won before. If you go by what you're saying then if we hire somebody with a past winning record then we'll have a packed house whether we win 25 games or 5 games next years. We need to find somebody who WINS HERE. I agree one usually leads to the other...if you've won before, you can win at UT...but we need to find somebody that only does 2 things.... 1. Win 2. Doesn't piss off the NCAA doing it. We're now used to #1, and I believe that everybody in Vol Nation is tired of #2.

On my screen, 4 consecutive lines of text start with "somebody". That's awesome.

If you listen closely, you can just hear the steel wheels begin to screech while bouncing on the track.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

powerstroke73-albums-juggy-picture50348-train-wreck-trains-demotivational-poster-1262213953.jpg

a-train-wrecks-accidents-241.jpg

Nick Nolte
034.jpg

The Snooki
jail-whale.jpg

All are trainwrecks as well.

Last edited:
So still coaching.......Anthony Grant? Just no Shaka please.

True story, I was driving home from work day dreaming about who the next coach was going to be at UT. Would it be Frank, Turgen, Dixon....all the good and bad info being thrown around, none of it seemed to stick.

I thought to myself, please please just give me a sign. All of the sudden the car in front of me slammed on its breaks for no reason, seriously for NO reason. After a few choice words and loosening the vise grip that I had on my steering wheel, I looked at the car in front me.

As I stared at the license plate, I knew I was looking at the sign I longed for. Their plates were from Marshall County, yeah that's right, Marshall County. I was in Davidson County when this happened, so it couldn't have been just a coincidence. So you heard it from me fellow Volnationers, the next head coach at Tennessee will be GREGG MARSHALL. Say what you will, but I'm a believer.

If anyone else has had a similar story, please share here. :)

Nearly certain.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

?:loco:

Last edited:

VN Store

Back