World Cup 2014 Final Draw

Group G:

Germany
US
Ghana
Portugal

I haven't kept up with the current performances of each squad (other than the US), but that just sounds like one of the toughest groups I've ever seen. 2 good European squads, including a traditional powerhouse in Germany and a Ronaldo team in Portugal, coupled with one of Africa's best squads historically. Will be tough for sure.

I haven't kept up with the current performances of each squad (other than the US), but that just sounds like one of the toughest groups I've ever seen. 2 good European squads, including a traditional powerhouse in Germany and a Ronaldo team in Portugal, coupled with one of Africa's best squads historically. Will be tough for sure.

1 of 2 groups of death IMO

I'm rooting for the US, of course, then Greece, my dad is full blooded Greek, Netherlands and Belgium...

IMO, Belgium has the most young talent in the World Cup...Hazard, Lukauku, Fellaini, Mirallas and countless others that play in the Premiere League...

I would be pulling for Ronaldo and Portugal except for the fact they are in US group...of course I would be happy with them finishing 2nd and US 1st :)

If Ghana knocks us out again, I vote for us to quit sending them $ and clean water.

Its a joke guys, but really......I hate this grouping.

Friday, December 6th

Looks like 10:00 am Eastern/9:00 a.m. Central

Pot One: Argentina, Brazil, Belgium, Colombia, Germany, Spain, Switzerland, Uruguay

Pot Two: Ivory Coast, Ghana, Algeria, Nigeria, Cameroon, Chile, Ecuador

Pot Three: US, Japan, Iran, South Korea, Australia, Mexico, Costa Rica and Honduras

Pot Four: Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, England, France, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia

Essentially, each team in Pot 1 draws one team from each of the other pots to create the four team groups (8 groups).

That's a favorable draw for the US

We are going to have to absolutely crush one of them to have a shot. I'd say we need a 4-0 result to help with a good goal differential and pray for some draws!

Dear god. Punishment for qatar whining.

Wouldn't surprise me, but every ounce of complaining about Qatar hosting the WC was warranted. Did they really expect that staging their premier event in a homophobic, anti-alcohol nation that's hotter than the 7th circle of hell was going to go over well?

Reactions: 1 person
May get through with a win and a draw.

Looking at it, I'd say I agree. US in the same group with CR7 but Portugal is not a great side, I think a draw can be had there. This is going to come down to whether or not the Yanks can defeat their bogeyman.

My optimistic-beyond-all-reason early table prediction:

Borussia-Munich 9 pts
USMNT 4 pts
The Fightin' CR7's 4 pts
They-who-shall-not-be-named 0 pts

US through on goal difference.

Alternate name for Portugal: Everybody Loves Pepe

Looking at it, I'd say I agree. US in the same group with CR7 but Portugal is not a great side, I think a draw can be had there. This is going to come down to whether or not the Yanks can defeat their bogeyman.

My optimistic-beyond-all-reason early table prediction:

Borussia-Munich 9 pts
USMNT 4 pts
The Fightin' CR7's 4 pts
They-who-shall-not-be-named 0 pts

US through on goal difference.

Alternate name for Portugal: Everybody Loves Pepe

I can get behind this. 6 points will probably be #1 in the group. It will be tough for anyone to come out with 9.

I like it.

We've never played Ghana in a non-elimination game. Portugal has the bigger name but the USMNT has the better depth which will play a role with all the traveling. Klinsmann will have the boys ready to play his mother country.

There is only two other groups where we'd be clear second favorites and that's if you switched us with Korea in group H and Honduras in group E.

I love having the story lines against all 3 teams too

I'd like to be an optimist, but I doubt it'd work out

I feel fairly confident predicting that Germany will get all 9.

They definitely have the quality to do so but I'd expect they come out with at least one draw. Especially if the other three teams in the group draw with each other, which I could see happening, and they go into their third game not needing anything from it. I'd love for them to resting players against us in that third game.

Reactions: 1 person
I like it.

We've never played Ghana in a non-elimination game. Portugal has the bigger name but the USMNT has the better depth which will play a role with all the traveling. Klinsmann will have the boys ready to play his mother country.

There is only two other groups where we'd be clear second favorites and that's if you switched us with Korea in group H and Honduras in group E.

I love having the story lines against all 3 teams too

Would give the guys great confidence if they came out of this group. I feel much better about their chances with Klinsmann instilling so much confidence in them.

VN Store

Back