Wonder Woman (June 23, 2017)

I do think it's going to get a little "diversity love" by critics no matter how good or bad it is which will keep the score firmly in the certified fresh category.

Yep. Guess they "learned their lesson" from Ghostbusters.

That withstanding, even if scores are inflated, it looks like this will be at least a good movie.

Yep. Guess they "learned their lesson" from Ghostbusters.

That withstanding, even if scores are inflated, it looks like this will be at least a good movie.

I agree. It looks good so most positive reviews are probably legit.

Ghostbusters was still 73% which was surprising to me. Most of the non biased reviews I heard still said it was only mediocre at best.

I agree. It looks good so most positive reviews are probably legit.

Ghostbusters was still 73% which was surprising to me. Most of the non biased reviews I heard still said it was only mediocre at best.

Ghostbusters was garbage. The 73 percent was simply the critics' response to those angry about seeing a remake with women.

Reactions: 1 person
Wow! ‘Wonder Woman’ has garnered the best Rotten Tomatoes Score of Any DC or Marvel Film to date!

“Wonder Woman” has soared past nearly every modern superhero movie in the minds of critics so far. According to scores posted on Rotten Tomatoes, the Patty Jenkins-directed film has a rating of 96 percent as of Tuesday morning, putting it ahead of popular super hero movies “The Avengers” (92 percent), “Iron Man” (94 percent) and even “Guardians of the Galaxy” (91 percent).

The highest rated super hero movie doesn’t take place in the DC or Marvel Cinematic Universe, though. Pixar’s 2004 animated feature “The Incredibles” has a 97 percent rating.

It has tied The Incredibles since the article was published!

Only needs 14 more reviews to be "Certified Fresh"

Attachments

• ww.jpg
    ww.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 0
Sitting at 77 on Metacritic (which I find to be more accurate than tomatoes). That puts it about the level of Logan and The Dark Knight Rises, but not quite The Dark Knight, Superman I or II.

Still puts it higher than just about every other superhero movie out there, and considering the bashing DC has gotten, it has to be a win for them.

Can't believe this is real

91332_v1.jpg

http://www.cracked.com/article_19434_the-6-most-ridiculous-superhero-weaknesses.html

Everybody just better be thankful that I decided not to marry this woman. If I had we would have 5 kids already and her body would be wrecked...you're welcome!

landscape-1495182499-gal-gadot-wonder-woman.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
One of the two or three Youtube reviewers I follow really likes it!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWZIRifjkxc[/youtube]

It also made it! Certified Fresh! :good!:

Attachments

• WWCF.jpg
    WWCF.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Here is part of a review that rated it 2.5/4

The major problem is its marathon duration of 140 minutes, way too long for a blockbuster noticeably bereft of sustained wow-factor spectacle.

Another big drawback is a drab origin story set in 1918, with the final result of World War I still hanging in the balance.

Most of the first hour is chewed up by some C-grade cosplay malarky depicting the heroine’s formative years as an Amazonian princess named Diana.

She has led a sheltered life on an “invisible” island located inside a blobby bubble in the middle of the ocean somewhere.

It is populated exclusively by demigoddesses in designer leather tunics, most of whom spend their days thumping each other in the name of advanced combat training.

The idyllic vibe of this open-air Fight Club is ruined forever when a male gains admission for the first time.

And another 2.5/4 review?
Wonder Woman is a strong, at times even rousing, application of the superhero film formula, but it ultimately can't transcend the constraints of the genre.

I enjoyed it. Much better than BvS or Suicide Squad and I didn't think it felt like a long movie.

Seeing the lines for this movie filled with pretween girls..enough said.

Seeing the lines for this movie filled with pretween girls..enough said.

What does that even mean? I mean heaven forbid young girls go see a super hero movie featuring a female super hero. If you think the movie was specifically geared towards them then you would be wrong. If I misunderstood your post then I apologize.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
Wow.....

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-06-03-22-22-13.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-06-03-22-22-13.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 3
Perfect storm all around here.

-Female lead

-Smokin hot female lead

-Great reviews

-A struggling DC finally finding it's savior

This movie is going to make some serious cash when it's all said and done

I also think with DC/WB bringing in Weddon he takes over and changes some of the tones. I could see him taking over MOS 2 And the Flash as well

My Rating:. 4.5/5

:rock::rock::dance2:

My review posted at http://www.letterboxd.com

Wow! This film was brilliant, when Gadot was cast prior to BvS I wasn't sure if she was right for the role. However with that and now this like Christopher Reeve was to Superman, Gal Gadot is Diana Prince/Wonder Woman. Warner Bros./DC needs to get to work on the sequel today. Yeah, I know Justice League is up next but they need to strike while the iron is hot!

I loved the feel of this film and the WWI setting. They probably would have liked to have had it based in WWII but it would undoubtedly have been labeled a copy of Captain America: The First Avenger despite both characters debuting in 1941.

I only saw one or two noticable CGI moments but nothing that took me out of the film. The way they made the lasso of thruth glow was just phenomenal. I do wish at the end we got more of a tie in to the events of Justice League but man I can't wait to see more Wonder Woman films!

I just watched Gadot interview with Fallon and she talked about being pregnant during some of the last shots of filming. She said they basically CGIed out her baby bump. Crazy.

I thought it was pretty good. The backstory of the Amazons is pretty contrived, the battle sequence in the middle of the film is pretty exhilerating, but I thought the ending and the villain were extremely cheesy. Like cheesier than Revenge of the Sith Palpatine cheesy. I thought it could've (and should've) done without that. It's pretty clear that Zack Snyder still had a hand in creative. DC needs to divorce with him ASAP.

Wonder Woman (Gadot) and Steve (Pine) have good chemistry. Pine is a good actor when he's not saddled with crap like Star Trek. Gadot is probably the most beautiful woman on the planet. Her smile is the best ever. It's infectious. I can't decide whether it's hard to take my eyes off her or if it's hard to look at her. There's a saying that "he's so ugly, he's handsome" (which I believe was used to refer to Abraham Lincoln). Gadot might be the opposite. She might be so beautiful, she is hard to look at. She was definitely the right choice for this part tho.

I thought it was pretty good. The backstory of the Amazons is pretty contrived, the battle sequence in the middle of the film is pretty exhilerating, but I thought the ending and the villain were extremely cheesy. Like cheesier than Revenge of the Sith Palpatine cheesy. I thought it could've (and should've) done without that. It's pretty clear that Zack Snyder still had a hand in creative. DC needs to divorce with him ASAP.

Wonder Woman (Gadot) and Steve (Pine) have good chemistry. Pine is a good actor when he's not saddled with crap like Star Trek. Gadot is probably the most beautiful woman on the planet. Her smile is the best ever. It's infectious. I can't decide whether it's hard to take my eyes off her or if it's hard to look at her. There's a saying that "he's so ugly, he's handsome" (which I believe was used to refer to Abraham Lincoln). Gadot might be the opposite. She might be so beautiful, she is hard to look at. She was definitely the right choice for this part tho.

wut?

I've seen some estimates that it will hit over 300 million opening weekend. It's seems it just might. 223 million since Thursday and it's hasn't even gotten all the numbers in from Saturday yet...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-06-04-11-29-37-1.png
    Screenshot_2017-06-04-11-29-37-1.png
    331.2 KB · Views: 3

VN Store

Back