Winslow comments after the game

Gibril Wilson and others gave Winslow fits all day long. We shut him down pretty much all day. We won, he couldn’t handle it! GBO

4 years before i got here...
Reads like an "electronic phone call" between @Freak and @LadyinOrange ...till a BAMMER chimes in with "Call Waiting"...
Probably because back in 2003 Freak and I were about the only regular posters till GaVol and OWB joined the fray. For the first few months, VN was pretty much me welcoming new members and starting Friday night "Party Thread"s. We've come a long way, eh @volfreak?

Gibril Wilson and others gave Winslow fits all day long. We shut him down pretty much all day. We won, he couldn’t handle it! GBO
I think we put the second nail in bringing down that great program. Va Tech beat them the week before. Excellent game plan that day and Tinsley getting that punt return fumble sealed the game. Miami just hasn’t been the same since that day.

So did @Freak actually create volnation.com? And what's this gridscape? Is that what turned into volnation? I've never heard the history and only got here in 2009.

Reactions: VolTull
Probably because back in 2003 Freak and I were about the only regular posters till GaVol and OWB joined the fray. For the first few months, VN was pretty much me welcoming new members and starting Friday night "Party Thread"s. We've come a long way, eh @volfreak?
I found the site right when the season opened in 2003. I literally happened to type Volnation.com just to see if the URL had been taken.

So did @Freak actually create volnation.com? And what's this gridscape? Is that what turned into volnation? I've never heard the history and only got here in 2009.
Freak coined the name VolNation and created the site. I was one of the first members and hung out on VN a lot. We used to actually have an arcade and way cooler emojis. I was here so much he asked me to be a mod and back then I actually deserved the title. Then the site started growing like wildfire and the tone of the board completely changed and I realized that moderating required more knowledge than I had. Freak refuses to demote me, so here we are. I know nothing about gridscape. VN is the only site I post on.

Freak coined the name VolNation and created the site. I was one of the first members and hung out on VN a lot. We used to actually have an arcade and way cooler emojis. I was here so much he asked me to be a mod and back then I actually deserved the title. Then the site started growing like wildfire and the tone of the board completely changed and I realized that moderating required more knowledge than I had. Freak refuses to demote me, so here we are. I know nothing about gridscape. VN is the only site I post on.

Did you become a member because you knew freak outside of VN or did you just randomly stumble upon VN

I dont know how she got here, but my first argument on VN involved her telling me off during the 2003 Florida game because I said something negative about Fulmer lol.
To be fair, the offense was non-existent in the first half of that game. Until Jimmy Banks made a play:

Never forget that game. Was in LV and called my 87 year old father with the odds. What are we he asked? Plus 16.5 i told him. Hell i dont think they can score 16 on us he said. I didnt either and for the rest of the conference i was as the saying goes playing with house money.

Casey Clausen, 6-0 in Tuscaloosa, Gainesville, South Bend and Miami. A remarkable achievement.

He’s in prison correct 😂 we beat the U and when they aired the espn doc not a mention of us thumping them in the Sugar Bowl! GBO

VN Store

Back