Winslow comments after the game

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Did anyone see this? He was comlaining about the SEC officiating crew and that UT was going after his knees and the refs wouldn't let him "showboat" to get the crowd fired up. Can you say crybaby? What a punk this guy is. Makes the victory that much sweeter.

Sore Loser!
:moon2: :moon2: :moon2: :moon2: :moon2:
:machinegun: :machinegun: :machinegun: :machinegun: :machinegun:
:finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger:

I'm glad I didn't see that. I don't have much respect for him to start with. Miami is so used to winning that when they lose they cannot accept that it was by a BETTER team. Now, I KNOW the stats say THEY were the better team, but the scoreboard says WE were!!!

Reactions: onevol74
Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Nov 8 2003, 04:50 PM
Now, I KNOW the stats say THEY were the better team, but the scoreboard says WE were!!!
:lolup:

No doubt Miami is not showing very much class. This is a team in disarray right now. That have some major problems. I think they will get past their next 2 games, but I don't see them beating Pitt.

This game just goes to show you that college football is a tough game and you are not going to win every game every year. The fact that Miami has lost 2 in a row reiterates the fact hat a 2 loss season is a good one by any standards.

Reactions: Remy
I'm just glad my Vols won. Did you hear what the ABC announcer said about CPF as the teams were leaving the field at the half?

(paraphrased) That guy can sure coach. That's a ball coach right there. And any critics who say otherwise should be ashamed of themselves."

I LIKED that!! :good:

I had forgotten about that. That was good to hear!!

:clap:

Found the quotes:

From CaneSport.com Staff

Winslow Goes Off After Loss

t all began innocently enough.

Kellen Winslow was the last player out of the shower following today’s game, and naturally several reporters were waiting for him.

He stood in front of his locker and answered their questions

But after a minute or two of talking he got heated.

Asked if he felt the refs were gunning for him today, Winslow said, “Hell, yeah. They’re looking at me the whole time. I can’t even get hyped up after a play. I can’t even hype our own crowd up. `Watch it Kellen, watch it Kellen, I’m going to throw a flag.’ BS, man. It’s about this U, man. I don’t give a flying you know what about a Vol.”

Winslow said he didn’t care about injuring one of Tennessee’s players in the first half on a hard hit.

“They don’t give a freakin’ you know what about you,” Winslow said. “They will kill you. They’re out there to kill you. So I’m going to kill them. You write that in the paper. You write that. You make money off that.”

Then Winslow began yelling.

“No, man, I’m pissed,” he yelled. “All y’all take this down. I’m pissed man. We don’t care about nobody but this U. We don’t. If I didn’t hurt him, he’d hurt me. They were gunning for my legs. I’m going to come right back at ‘em.”

Then he screamed, spitting out, “(I’m a) [expletive] soldier.”

Then he ended the interview.

“Man, let’s go; (otherwise) I’ll go off,” he said.

Many of the reporters in attendance thought he already had.

Reactions: malinoisvol
I won't let this die :naughty:

Here is the link to the video if you haven't seen it.

Winslow

Reactions: feathersax
I have always said you win with respect you should lose with it as well. People always remember the crybaby that thinks he was held or "they were going after my knees" what a loser. He does not even deserve a response. He can't even congrat. Ut on kicking his butt and keep the Canes out of the Endzone for the first time in a game since i think 97'

:furious3: :furious3:

I think I read that the last time they didn't score a TD at home was something like 84.

I guess i heard that about the last game that they did not score a TD I am not sure if it is home or away but how cares.

UT WINS UT WINS UT WINS

:elephant: :elephant:

I don't think even THUG fully tells the story on this guy.

His problem is players with the initials KW only like to talk about themselves.

Never thought about the KW connecting

They both think that they are perfect and nothing is their fault. Too bad they are both losers and Selfish players. ME ME ME Me

Don't they know that there is no I in Team :naughty: :naughty:

I may sit up all night for fear of waking up and finding it all a dream.

WE BEAT THE THUGGICANES IN THE ORANGE BOWL!!!

Well there ain't no we either. Leon can't do everything.

<<it&#39;s from that Budweiser commercial in case you are wondering who Leon is>>

I LOVE those commercials&#33;&#33; Especially the one with the straight-faced referee&#33;&#33; :D :D :D :D

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Nov 8 2003, 11:03 PM

WE BEAT THE THUGGICANES IN THE ORANGE BOWL&#33;&#33;&#33;

I would be up all night, but I forgot to tape it.

Originally posted by vol_freak@Nov 9 2003, 04:10 AM
Which one is that? Remind me.

(paraphrased)

We have assesed this penalty at this crucial time in the game just to tick you off.

Originally posted by vol_freak+Nov 9 2003, 04:11 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vol_freak @ Nov 9 2003, 04:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-LadyinOrange@Nov 8 2003, 11:03 PM

I would be up all night, but I forgot to tape it. [/quote]
:lolup: :lolup: :lolup: :lolup:

Thank God for CSS re-airs, eh?

Originally posted by LadyinOrange+Nov 8 2003, 11:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LadyinOrange @ Nov 8 2003, 11:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by vol_freak@Nov 9 2003, 04:11 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-LadyinOrange
@Nov 8 2003, 11:03 PM

I would be up all night, but I forgot to tape it.

:lolup: :lolup: :lolup: :lolup:

Thank God for CSS re-airs, eh? [/quote]
I am setting my ReplayTV right now so I don&#39;t forget again. :blink:

VN Store

Back