Windy's football discussion thread.

It’s not necessarily a bad thing.
I have a good friend who played at LSU and coaches high school ball. He reminded me the other day how disappointed they were at LSU when saban was 1st hired.

It’s not necessarily a bad thing.
I have a good friend who played at LSU and coaches high school ball. He reminded me the other day how disappointed they were at LSU when saban was 1st hired.
I'm just not sure that LSU hiring Saban and our coaching search are very similar. Our fanbase wants a homerun hire more than anytime I can remember. There are definitely some up and comers out there that can be had. However, the fanbase likely won't tolerate the hire or show the patience required to let said coach rebuild the program.

I'm just not sure that LSU hiring Saban and our coaching search are very similar. Our fanbase wants a homerun hire more than anytime I can remember. There are definitely some up and comers out there that can be had. However, the fanbase likely won't tolerate the hire or show the patience required to let said coach rebuild the program.

Agreed.
It’s a no win situation for Currie.

Ok...what is her connection to UT? (Sara, the Dutchess of York, at last night's game.)

Attachments

• IMG_20171119_203711_1511141860834.jpg
    IMG_20171119_203711_1511141860834.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: 1 person
The reality is there’s no way to make everyone happy with this hire. Gruden isn’t coming so no matter who it is, a percentage of the fan base is going to have to wait and see

I don’t think there’s a home run hire. I’d be happier with some more than others. But no matter who it is I’ll have to wait and see

Am I the only one who does not want to see a current HC from another SEC team come here?

I'm no Gruden fan, but, I'd rather have him than Mullen and I like Mullen.

There is a percentage of the fan base that is not going to have to wait and see?

They’ll believe they don’t. They’ll think the perfect hire is in place. Case in point: a lot of the board is high in Mullen. They’ll go all in if he’s hired. Myself, on the other hand, think he’s average at best and will need lots of convincing from him. More and more posters are coming out of the woodwork agreeing with me on Mullen, but we’re still a minority.

The reality is there’s no way to make everyone happy with this hire. Gruden isn’t coming so no matter who it is, a percentage of the fan base is going to have to wait and see

I kinds have 2 schools of thought here. Like you, whoever we hire will have to prove themself. At the same time, no matter who it is (unless it turns out to be Petrino or Kiffin) I won't be complaining about the hire. I'll give the guy a chance to sink or swim before I start to voice my opinion.

I’ll also say this: Currie doesn’t waste time, resources and money to visit Gruden once, much less numerous times as a “procedural move”. For whatever reason, be it mutual interest from both parties or complete naivety from Currie (in which case I strongly believe the former), Currie thought there was a chance to get a deal done. Maybe it happened, maybe they just couldn’t work something out. But the idea of making the visit as a “procedural move” is a giant smokescreen if there ever was one. Only other option is really crappy journalism

VN Store

Back