will we have to go with Guarantano to run the ball

A good passing game will open up the run game

You can't pass the ball if you're getting sacked before guys get out of their breaks. Unless the offensive line takes a giant leap forward, we'll need someone like Guarantano being a run threat to run the ball effectively.

I've said this before but I believe we'll run a 2-QB system all season long. Guarantano will run the read option plays while Dormady handles the more traditional drop back passes.

Reactions: 3 people
You can't pass the ball if you're getting sacked before guys get out of their breaks. Unless the offensive line takes a giant leap forward, we'll need someone like Guarantano being a run threat to run the ball effectively.

I've said this before but I believe we'll run a 2-QB system all season long. Guarantano will run the read option plays while Dormady handles the more traditional drop back passes.

Well at least now we know whats NOT going to happen

Reactions: 6 people

sounds like a plan

New ol coach so I am not sure how they will do upfront. I know the old ol coach wasn't that good. Our ol under performed in a lot of instances last year.

Reactions: 1 person

Only problem with your theory is Dormady had more rushing stats in high school than JG. To say he'll be more of an effective runner than Dormady is silly.

Hell with this talent on the O-Line and hopefully better coaching by Wells, we shouldn't need our QBs to run the ball.

I've watched football for 40 years and the only guys I've seen who ran better than Dobbs were Cam Newton, Nick Marshall, and Lamar Jackson. And Dobbs was the most durable QB I've ever seen play.

Saying Dormady can scoot is a joke. He can't. Guarantano is elusive, but rail thin.

Either Dormady is as accurate as advertised, or hopefully Guarantano survives a year throwing a bit while improvising the run.

To expect a Dobbs replay on any level running it is a dream.

That is my estimated QB this season.

Mike Vick says hi

Reactions: 2 people
Only problem with your theory is Dormady had more rushing stats in high school than JG. To say he'll be more of an effective runner than Dormady is silly.

Hell with this talent on the O-Line and hopefully better coaching by Wells, we shouldn't need our QBs to run the ball.
i hope your correct , i fear your not

QD will have a different skill set. Even from what little I've seen, I think he will be a terror on the roll out.

Look, when defenders are running all over the field chasing balls through the air they open up running lanes. That's how you spread they field.
passing has its problems , you have to do both. you need a running game like Bama. they can run the ball ever play on most teams

The best defenses are the ones that can make offense one dimensional.

That's WHY it all depends on our OLINE this year. EVERYTHING. Our passing game, our t end game, our run game, our D. EVERYTHING is dependent on our OLINE. EVERYTHING.

QD will have a different skill set. Even from what little I've seen, I think he will be a terror on the roll out.

My hope is that he turns out to be as slippery as Baker Mayfield.haha I don't care if he's fast if can get out of trouble on a similar level to that guy.

No.

Listen, I am not a grammar Nazi. However, I am an RLA teacher, so I always notice grammar mistakes of others. I don't point those mistakes out because we're not in class, and I'm not the grammar police. With all of that said, reading the posts of Forgiven is painful. That is all.

Reactions: 3 people
That's WHY it all depends on our OLINE this year. EVERYTHING. Our passing game, our t end game, our run game, our D. EVERYTHING is dependent on our OLINE. EVERYTHING.

I think it's like that every year. Similar to everything on defense starting and ending with DL...JMEO of course

Guarantano can make you miss better and is stronger . he can run through arm tackles. Dromedy is a under rated runner, but my get banged up trying

Why is that, btw? Because Dormady is white?

They are both listed as 6'4. Dormady outweighs JG by almost 25lbs. He probably outweighs some starting safeties in the SEC. But hes slow and fragile, right?

we had to go to a running QB in the past to have a good running game. will history repeat

Did Dobbs4Heisman start a new account?

No. If the OL plays to potential, UT's O will start to look more like the O's Jones had at Cincy but with more talent. He has never really wanted his QB to be the leading rusher. He said from the start he wanted the QB to run a handful of times per game. FWIW, Cincy had the 1st or 2nd best rushing O in the BE in all three of Jones' years there. Only one QB gained more than 300 yds in a season... and some of them were very effective runners.

VN Store

Back