Will this game be an absolute sellout?

I cant see anyone buying some of the tickets on Stubhub for $768... lol.

There has to be around ~1500 tickets left on there, not counting scalpers.

It'll be interesting to see if this game is as hard a ticket to get as 2012 was.

Those tickets have already been purchased, hence sold out.

The tickets on stub hub are being resold.

Reactions: 1 person
I expect Neyland will be holding close to 107k Saturday afternoon. Less than 3k gators

I don't have enough posts to start a thread,so I'll post it here. I saw on the news that Arrowhead Stadium just set a new record for loudest sporting event at 142.2 decibels. Considering that Neyland is much larger and as fired up as Volnation is, shouldn't we be able to beat that?

I don't have enough posts to start a thread,so I'll post it here. I saw on the news that Arrowhead Stadium just set a new record for loudest sporting event at 142.2 decibels. Considering that Neyland is much larger and as fired up as Volnation is, shouldn't we be able to beat that?

We can beat that on Saturday

The old record holder was Seattle.

Why would anyone pay over face value when they have a big screen at home? Neyland is not the venue it used to be.

LOL....you have probably never even been to Neyland! And you're very old. Did you retire in '74?

On a side note, FOR VOLS FANS, real VOLS fans that is, a kid walked into the clinic I work at, and I know I will get a sarcastic, "cool story bro", but his name was Neyland, dude was all VOL! Parents raised him right! Talked about all the idiots who are being negative about the program after only two years with a real coach! The kid was 12, you would have though he was 30! It was just a breath of fresh air from a younger perspective.

Yeah the highlight is buying pecans, peaches and boiled peanuts in GA. Maybe some tourist trap and a humongous Asian Buffet in Chattanooga.

You're one of the few Tennessean's I've heard of who actually like boiled peanuts, assuming you're a native Tennesseean.

I grew up in FL and you can't find a gas station that doesn't sell boiled peanuts. I've tried to get friends and family in TN and KY on the boiled peanut train at tailgates and in the end my immediate family and I end up putting them down by ourselves cause no one else will touch them. I didn't know what a roasted peanut in the shell was the first time I saw them. Blows my mind how folks don't like them.

Last edited:
Why would anyone pay over face value when they have a big screen at home? Neyland is not the venue it used to be.

I'm coming up from gator country to see replays on a REALLY big screen.

Go Vols.

0880a08c4ee222a40863b7c58019dcdb.jpg

Reactions: 8 people
All of those tickets on stub hub that do not get sold, will be on the streets before the game at a huge discount...closer to kick off it gets...bigger the price drop gets... They lose money for every ticket left in their pocket at kickoff..I have gotten tickets for 20$ by waiting till after kickoff when they were going for 300$ each an hour before that...just saying, learn2shop

That's true. I also know a lot of people that did that and couldn't find a ticket.

You're one of the few Tennessean's I've heard of who actually like boiled peanuts, assuming you're a native Tennesseean.

I grew up in FL and you can't find a gas station that doesn't sell boiled peanuts. I've tried to get friends and family in TN and KY on the boiled peanut train at tailgates and in the end my immediate family and I end up putting them down by ourselves cause no one else will touch them. I didn't know what a roasted peanut in the shell was the first time I saw them. Blows my mind how folks don't like them.
I love em' too. They are all over north Carolina.

I appreciate your opinion. But I've been going to home games since 1967 and Neyland is not the venue it used to be me. I was awed by it then. Now, it is almost twice the size and I am awed by it now. Perhaps it is not Neyland that is not the venue that it used to be, perhaps you have changed. We all change.

After 47 years, I have changed, too. But probably more fanatic than before. I may not get up as fast but I am still as loud. Could not imagine being any place else - rain or shine, cold or hot. Love the POTSB, the jumbotron, and the enthusiasm of the big game atmosphere.

Butch and Team 118 has me fired up. Not the best team who ever wore the orange but I bet it is right there as far as "heart." I hope I lose my voice again this week like I have on many, many occasions like Florida 2004 and 1998. My ultimate dream is for a repeat of Florida 1990! But any old "W" against Florida will do! And I'm ready for "Third Down for What?" wearing orange in my orange section for CheckerNeyland. GBO!!

Reactions: 7 people
I appreciate your opinion. But I've been going to home games since 1967 and Neyland is not the venue it used to be me. I was awed by it then. Now, it is almost twice the size and I am awed by it now. Perhaps it is not Neyland that is not the venue that it used to be, perhaps you have changed. We all change.

After 47 years, I have changed, too. But probably more fanatic than before. I may not get up as fast but I am still as loud. Could not imagine being any place else - rain or shine, cold or hot. Love the POTSB, the jumbotron, and the enthusiasm of the big game atmosphere.

Butch and Team 118 has me fired up. Not the best team who ever wore the orange but I bet it is right there as far as "heart." I hope I lose my voice again this week like I have on many, many occasions like Florida 2004 and 1998. My ultimate dream is for a repeat of Florida 1990! But any old "W" against Florida will do! And I'm ready for "Third Down for What?" wearing orange in my orange section for CheckerNeyland. GBO!!

Good stuff :hi:

^^^Definition of VFL

VN Store

Back