Will Hurd or Lane get the start on 31-Aug

Every indication by the coaches point to Lane starting. They're very pleased with how he's been conducting himself on and off the field.

Reactions: 1 person
Years ago Bill King said Jamal Lewis would be the best running back at UT the minute he stepped on the field.
I hope Jalen can have the same impact on this team.
Lane will start against USU and maybe most of the year, but if Hurd is who we think/hope he is then at the end of the year he will have the most yards.

Every indication by the coaches point to Lane starting. They're very pleased with how he's been conducting himself on and off the field.

Remember the last RB to CONDUCT THEMSELF to 1000+ yards? :huh:

Lane for sure but Hurd will certainly see his fair amount of carries in this opening game. They both are a nice mix. I just hope our OL can open up some holes for them. I also think Derrell Scott could see a few carries as well especially if we open up a good lead. Good to have multiple options! :rock:

Appears Hurd is the anti-Bryce Brown and is the real deal.

Bryce Brown had a productive true freshman season and is now playing in the NFL.

I'm not sure what your definition of real deal is. But that kid played fine.

Had he hung around 3 years, he would have been very productive here. We would have been a better team too.

No need trying to revise history because your fanaticism clouds your otherwise sound judgment.

Lane for sure but Hurd will certainly see his fair amount of carries in this opening game. They both are a nice mix. I just hope our OL can open up some holes for them. I also think Derrell Scott could see a few carries as well especially if we open up a good lead. Good to have multiple options! :rock:

Yep. If Jalen shows big play ability after a few games, I would not be surprised to see Butch start him. Marlin Lane is a quality back though. I'm sure he has a lock on the playbook, ball security and pass blocking schemes. So, until Jalen shows up big, I would think Butch goes with the extra values of the veteran.

Also, I agree that Scott gets reps too. I'm sure the staff wants at least two experienced backs to start next season with.

Reactions: 1 person
Lane will be on the field for their first series. If they don't go 3 and out Hurd will get a couple carries no doubt.

VN Store

Back