Will Hurd or Lane get the start on 31-Aug

I know we're hearing Lane a lot and rightfully so. People say Hurd is young and so on.

But I'll go ahead and say it since not many have. Hurd was billed as a once in a decade type of player while in high school. When he was associated with going to Bama and UT didn't have much of a chance everyone was saying this kid could have an Adrian Peterson like college career if he plays a lot. He committed to UT and everyone started this "will he live up to the hype?" "let's not jinx him" etc.

From everything I've heard in fall camp and spring practice the kid is an elite player. I wanted to save it and see it for myself in person. I saw a HUGE kid. Biggest running back I've ever seen at UT last night at the open practice. We know he's fast. One thing i had to see in person is his shiftiness. And guess what? He's FREAKING shifty.

He's got the mental aspect, he's got the size, the speed, the moves, the power, and he's got work ethic. The word has been that he's one of the best pass blocking RBs as a freshmen that we've had. That's a big deal.

I'm saying Lane will be the first on the field this year. But I wouldn't be surprised if you see Hurd become the go to work horse. This kid could have a 1200 yard season. I'm not saying he will but I'm saying he can.

I'm expecting a big year from him.

Reactions: 9 people
We have to hope that the offensive line can block well enough for Lane and Hurd. They need 35 touches a game either by running and catching out of the backfield. I feel Hurd is a threat to go all the way everytime he touches the ball if he gets any blocking.

I agree that Lane will be the starter, but Hurd will get his share of opportunities to make something happen. Whichever back is doing the best, he will be featured the rest of the game. This will occur on a game by game basis this year.

Lane is going to surprise several of you this year. His silence should be noted. He maybe the player that has been overlooked because of the fleet of new backs that are pushing him to become better.

Competition breeds excellence and he may rise to the top or take it to another level if pushed.

I know we're hearing Lane a lot and rightfully so. People say Hurd is young and so on.

But I'll go ahead and say it since not many have. Hurd was billed as a once in a decade type of player while in high school. When he was associated with going to Bama and UT didn't have much of a chance everyone was saying this kid could have an Adrian Peterson like college career if he plays a lot. He committed to UT and everyone started this "will he live up to the hype?" "let's not jinx him" etc.

From everything I've heard in fall camp and spring practice the kid is an elite player. I wanted to save it and see it for myself in person. I saw a HUGE kid. Biggest running back I've ever seen at UT last night at the open practice. We know he's fast. One thing i had to see in person is his shiftiness. And guess what? He's FREAKING shifty.

He's got the mental aspect, he's got the size, the speed, the moves, the power, and he's got work ethic. The word has been that he's one of the best pass blocking RBs as a freshmen that we've had. That's a big deal.

I'm saying Lane will be the first on the field this year. But I wouldn't be surprised if you see Hurd become the go to work horse. This kid could have a 1200 yard season. I'm not saying he will but I'm saying he can.

Absolutely. This kid is the real deal. We haven't had a back with this much raw talent since Jamal Lewis.

Reactions: 4 people

Absolutely. This kid is the real deal. We haven't had a back with this much raw talent since Jamal Lewis.

Reactions: 2 people
Last year he alternated quarters with Neal and Lane . I would expect the same this year with Lane and Hurd . I believe both will have good years .

Lane gets the 1st and 3rd quarters and Hurd gets 2nd and 4th quarters . He could even alternate series to keep both fresh

VN Store

Back