Will Florida's Bye week give them the win in Neyland??

Will Florida's BYE week give them the edge to win in Neyland?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kentucky beat Florida but the refs robbed Kentucky with a horrendously bad call giving the win to Florida.

We'll be beating Florida this year and Kentucky won't be a problem either.

Check out the photo evidence..

Bxdphd_IgAAm_wT.jpg

FL didn't get the play off in time.

I am struggling with the concept that a bye week will "give" Florida anything.

I assume the question is whether it is an advantage. Given that we play Alabama the week before, I'd say it likely gives us some time to heal up from the standard Tuscaloosa pummeling. I would say that it gives us an advantage in offensive scheming, but it appears to me at this point that any play drawn up to cause Driskel to have to make decisions is disastrous, so on that score probably not.

you are obviously assuming that driskel makes it out of the Bama game alive.....:salute:

the key to the last several Fla victories over us has been BIG PLAYS...

We didn't give up ANY big plays against OK....I know we busted a coverage and gave up a 20-something yd TD....but I don't see the big plays happening this year against us..

However, I should hedge my bets there by saying if we keep 33 off the field at Safety and 27 off the field as a CB......otherwise....THIS is our year...

UT 31...Gators.....20

Hopefully the high ankle sprain virus will run rampant through their team as they take a azz whippin' from the Red team Saturday. I don't want serious career ending stuff just 10-15 starters out like the had last year at the end of the year. I want us to beat them down this year so badly. Muskrat is a dead man walking anyway so how great would it be that we beat them so badly that he gets the "kiffin midseason airport firing" after a loss to the VOL.
GBO VFL

Certainly we need to beat them, but they need to do well enough that they keep Mus around a couple of more seasons. I'm glad he didn't come here.

Bye week never seemed to help the Vols when they had a bye week before the Floriduh game every year forever.

This scares me as they will have 2 weeks to dissect us to a T and prepare. i think it gives them a big advantage which could cost us the game even though i would take a loss to Georgia if we can beat Florida.

Well a bye week sure didn't help us much in the 90's against the Gators.

I'll wait until Florida goes against Bammer to truly judge, but seeing how their pass offense is like what we had last year and that Kentucky practically lit up their defense, I'm saying TN. Especially fans hungry to break the streak will make it an especially loud game (also in my house, my Dad likes to burn Gator Tees so this is his biggest game).

If we can shut them down in the passing game then AJ is going to tear them apart, especially after going against Gurley.

Now we just need a running game (Read: OLine) and Worley will light up their Secondary

This is the year we FINALLY get over the hump with the Gators... they are absolutely beatable this year, and I think Butch and the boys get it done.

This is the year we FINALLY get over the hump with the Gators... they are absolutely beatable this year, and I think Butch and the boys get it done.

I have been telling myself this for a long time and every year seems to be worse and worse. I strongly believe that the turds use physical play to bully our guys and they fold every year. They grab our receivers every play and pull them down, they hold every play and they play dirty football that for some reason works against us every year. I try and tell myself that this is the year but the truth is can this youth handle bully ball? Can they overcome the mental block of Florida owning them for the past 7 years? We will find these answers soon but I will once again wear my orange from head to toe in Florida in hopes that my boys can pull it out! I do it every year and hope this is the year! Go Vols!

Will Florida's Bye week give them the win in Neyland??

Mirror Mirror on the wall, will I lose 50 pounds in the next two weeks? That is about as logical a question as this thread I am afraid. Bye week Schmye Week. It's all out war on Shields Watkins for 60 minutes vs the gaturds and extra week is meaningless. That's just IMO!

I have been telling myself this for a long time and every year seems to be worse and worse. I strongly believe that the turds use physical play to bully our guys and they fold every year. They grab our receivers every play and pull them down, they hold every play and they play dirty football that for some reason works against us every year. I try and tell myself that this is the year but the truth is can this youth handle bully ball? Can they overcome the mental block of Florida owning them for the past 7 years? We will find these answers soon but I will once again wear my orange from head to toe in Florida in hopes that my boys can pull it out! I do it every year and hope this is the year! Go Vols!

Nominate for worst post of the year. Also in the least football savvy category.

Reactions: 1 person
Nominate for worst post of the year. Also in the least football savvy category.

I dunno, there may be a little something to it. I think they have, in the past, used physical play and intimidation against us. Probably our fault for not playing more physical and allowing ourselves to be intimidated. I didn't really think it was the case last year, though. And it's certainly not as bad as the poster above implies.

I actually don't think so. In fact, I think our game with them could be a trap game for them. They play Bama before us (two weeks of course) and then they have LSU after us. It will be hard for them to focus on us. I really think we're gonna win this year. I'm expecting it, rather than hoping for it, for the first time in a long time.

They almost lost to UK and already miss out on an easy win that would help them go bowling. DO you honestly think they'd overlook UT?

Like OK, it should be another defensive struggle. We are going to put 8-9 in the box to stop the run and make Driskel pass.

My sixth sense tells me our TEs will have a field day and Von has a declare early for the pros day.

Granted it was a trap game but if they can't put UK away at home, then we should be able to topple them and ram a stake into their hearts as the streak ends for UF and begins for UT.

The next 10 games are ours!!!

Even without an extra week, consider each:

OFFENSE

OL: Advantage UF
QB: Advantage UF (check the stats, and yes Driscoll is better)
RB: Advantage UF
TE: Push
WR: Advantage UT

DEFENSE

DL: Advantage UF
LB: Push (possible slight adv UT)
CB: Advantage UF
S: Push (possible slight adv UF)

SPECIAL TEAMS

PK: Push
P: Advantage UF(48y-37y)
KR: Push
PR: Advantage UF (19y-12y)
KO: Push
They probably do not need two weeks.:zeitung_lesen:

Southeastern Conference Statistics - College Football - ESPN

Just because you have better stats does not mean you are the better team. Unless you have played the exact same teams..... maybe. But you do win the idiot of the week award along with everyone else that likes your post. :crazy:

I may have overlooked it or it may not have been announced yet, but has anyone heard the starting time for the UT-UF game? Granted, no one may know yet, as it probably depends on results over the next two weeks of games.

If you thought Neyland was loud for the opener.....

I believe we would have won last season had the leg injury not happened.
I fully expect a W against Florida this year. As talented as they are they should have not taken 3 over times to hose UK.

I still think this is a different D With maggitt. He and AJ just seem to work well together. If we indeed win muschamp should just call his realtor. 3 straight SEC losses won't sit well with gator faithful.

I may have overlooked it or it may not have been announced yet, but has anyone heard the starting time for the UT-UF game? Granted, no one may know yet, as it probably depends on results over the next two weeks of games.

3.30 Danielson and Lunquist with the commentary

Edit: CBS

I want us to win as bad as anyone else, but this game is in our heads and has been for years. We can win, but we gotta play mistake-free football for 60 minutes.

you are forgetting about the youth on this team,most of them don't know or care about losing to Fla

which goes into Fla planning for them,the Vols aren't sure what is going to happen,so how would the Gators know ?

and aren't we glad that UT didn't get Mushcamp now ? of course Myers knew when it was time to run,he did leave a huge mess behind him for Coach Muschanp to deal with

that is what worries me the most,Coach Muschamp knows he has to be making statements the rest of the year to keep his job

Last edited:
you are forgetting about the youth on this team,most of them don't know or care about losing to Fla

which goes into Fla planning for them,the Vols aren't sure what is going to happen,so how would the Gators know ?

and aren't we glad that UT didn't get Mushcamp now ? of course Myers knew when it was time to run,he did leave a huge mess behind him for Coach Muschanp to deal with

that is what worries me the most,Coach Muschamp knows he has to be making statements the rest of the year to keep his job

What statement would be made by beating Tennessee?

VN Store

Back