Will Florida's Bye week give them the win in Neyland??

Will Florida's BYE week give them the edge to win in Neyland?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh I am so tired of hearing that. For the most part, Florida has been the better team over the past decade. It has not been flukish. Its not like UT has been getting it done versus everybody else, but UF just somehow manages to sneak out a W time and again.

Having said that, I have concluded that our starting QB is catastrophically bad, and so I give you a slight edge this year, especially as the game is at your joint.
Difference in the game IMO. We will play the game close but the crowd could be the difference maker

Been watching as you.. Florida gets their sss handed to them Saturday.. I think TN matches up good with FL . I think TN has better atheletes than FZl. Home team advantage wins this game. TN 35. fL 28.. TN defense wins this game...

Even without an extra week, consider each:

OFFENSE

OL: Advantage UF
QB: Advantage UF (check the stats, and yes Driscoll is better)
RB: Advantage UF
TE: Push
WR: Advantage UT

DEFENSE

DL: Advantage UF
LB: Push (possible slight adv UT)
CB: Advantage UF
S: Push (possible slight adv UF)

SPECIAL TEAMS

PK: Push
P: Advantage UF(48y-37y)
KR: Push
PR: Advantage UF (19y-12y)
KO: Push
They probably do not need two weeks.:zeitung_lesen:

Southeastern Conference Statistics - College Football - ESPN

I saw the Florida vs. Kentucky game and I can assure you that our d.b.'s are better than Florida's.

On Monday, on the radio, I heard a panel of three sports commentators and they were talking about Worley. They all agreed that Worley is better than Driscole is.

Home Field: Advantage U.T.

Q.B.: Advantage U.T.

Coaching: Advantage U.T.

Hungry for a Win: Advantage U.T.

Wide Receivers: PUSH ( Florida has one effective receiver) We have six or seven capable receivers

Reactions: 2 people
Same here, doesnt matter if we are the better team or not, they tend to win these.

You are correct sir. However; that was the old U.T. teams that had a losers mentality.

Ya see, they thought that they might win IF they played a perfect game. Then late in the 3rd quarter, we were hanging with them. We would look at the score board and either (1) start to doudt that we could actually beat them and we ended up not staying focused and did lose or (2) with a slight lead in the late 3rd, we play prevent defense and run the ball rather than attacking on defense and attacking on offense. Result was a loss each and every time.

However; (1) This team has a no quit mentality. (2) Coaching staff will not play timid football with a lead. THey will attack on defense & attach on offense with the lead in the 3rd....

Reactions: 1 person
Love this team, trying to be hopeful, will be pulling for Tennessee as hard as any one human on this planet...... but I'll believe a Univ of Tennessee football beats a Univ of Florida football team when I actually see it.

You will see it October 4th, 2014

I think this entire comparison is inaccurate. You are comparing our OL to their OL, our CBs to their CBs. None of those positions play against each other. So, Florida's DL may hold the edge against our OL but their DBs don't hold an edge against our WRs and our entire defense is stout. We gave up 27 points to the No 4 team in the nation. Florida gave up 20 to UK. Gimme a break and get outta here. GBO.
UK 30 points.

How exciting though that if we upset Georgia that the Tennessee and Florida game will mean so much for the east like the early 2000's. Even if we lose to Georgia it's only one loss in the sec and we would likely be tied for first or second in the east

...Having said that, I have concluded that our starting QB is catastrophically bad, and so I give you a slight edge this year, especially as the game is at your joint.

LG...It's probably safe to say you're not the president of the Seminole County Chapter of the Jeff Driskell Fan Club, right?

I give you a slight edge this year, especially as the game is at your joint.

I give you the slight edge because you're Florida and we're Tennessee.

It IS true that you've been the better team for the most part over the last decade, but these games were winnable for Tennessee in 2010, 2011, 2012, and last year and we always failed to capitalize.

We'll see if our fortunes finally change.

OFFENSE

DEFENSE

SPECIAL TEAMS

You forgot three IMPORTANT factors:
1. Jones much better than Willy boy.
2. Team ATTITUDE
3. Home field

BOTTOM LINE, game, set, match TENNESSEE!!!!

OFFENSE

DEFENSE

SPECIAL TEAMS

You are not going to make any friends with this post..... :hi:

Oh I am so tired of hearing that. For the most part, Florida has been the better team over the past decade. It has not been flukish. Its not like UT has been getting it done versus everybody else, but UF just somehow manages to sneak out a W time and again.

Having said that, I have concluded that our starting QB is catastrophically bad, and so I give you a slight edge this year, especially as the game is at your joint.

I didn't say you weren't consistently better, there have been a few flukish wins though. The miraculous Gaffney non-catch TD for one.

I will say that in the late 90's the two teams were very evenly matched, you just had better coaching. You can believe that or not, its my opinion.

OFFENSE

DEFENSE

SPECIAL TEAMS

Coaching..
Vols A+
Florida F-

Dooley had better players than Vanderbilt and we saw how that went..

This scares me as they will have 2 weeks to dissect us to a T and prepare. i think it gives them a big advantage which could cost us the game even though i would take a loss to Georgia if we can beat Florida.

I think we have a better chance of beating Florida than we do Georgia. Georgia will have two or their WRs back. We have Von and J. Smith out hurt.

This scares me as they will have 2 weeks to dissect us to a T and prepare. i think it gives them a big advantage which could cost us the game even though i would take a loss to Georgia if we can beat Florida.

It will take more than two weeks to prepare for the VOLS. Don't thank their coaches are capable of preparing them!

OFFENSE

DEFENSE

SPECIAL TEAMS

They just barely beat KY, in the swamp! So, how do you think we will do against KY! :crazy:

Love this team, trying to be hopeful, will be pulling for Tennessee as hard as any one human on this planet...... but I'll believe a Univ of Tennessee football beats a Univ of Florida football team when I actually see it.

Same here my friend. Same here.

Stay tuned, my friend. You'll see it come 10-4-14. :dance2:

I don't think a bye week makes any difference this year. Muschamp is not the guy at UF and a few epic meltdowns this year will seal his fate. Talent means nothing if you aren't developing it. I like our chances in a close game with the home crowd. First things first though Pig has some unfinished business with a fat useless canine between two shrubs!

I saw the Florida vs. Kentucky game and I can assure you that our d.b.'s are better than Florida's.

On Monday, on the radio, I heard a panel of three sports commentators and they were talking about Worley. They all agreed that Worley is better than Driscole is.

Home Field: Advantage U.T.

Q.B.: Advantage U.T.

Coaching: Advantage U.T.

Hungry for a Win: Advantage U.T.

Wide Receivers: PUSH ( Florida has one effective receiver) We have six or seven capable receivers

So tell me how is this a push in the WR category using your logic?
Your logic states that UF has one effective receiver and UT has six or seven capable... How is that a push?
That is advantage UT all day! Especially being that we can cover their one "effective" receiver with our very capable/effective DBs. UF won't be covering all our capable/effective WRs. Advantage UT!
Your logic is flawed!

UT 38 UF 23

Last edited:

OFFENSE

DEFENSE

SPECIAL TEAMS

That's also based off 2 weak teams. Compared to our 3 stronger opponents. Those stats don't matter right now

VN Store

Back