Wild Wild Country (Netflix) Debate Thread

I think it's okay to allow for regret and retraction.

giphy.gif

Really? I thought it was fascinating.

The pace of the first two episodes and a good bit of the third are interminable. Three and a half hours that could have been covered in two 40 minute episodes. I can’t imagine what the run time was before editing.

Fell asleep for a good bit of 5 and some of 6. Not going back to review. The story was all over the place. I had gotten through a third of episode 4 last night, when I picked it up today I thought maybe I slept through a bunch. No, they start with the poisonings, then on to immigration angle for 40 minutes, then oh yeah about those poisonings. The inspector mentions the labs but I don’t think it’s ever revisited again. I think the run time is around 7 hours, could have done this in 5 and had a much tighter program that would not induce sleep at 830.

The mayor at the end is right, the natives saw a bunch of dumb foreigners and the fleece was on. This had little to do with enlightenment and a lot to do with a con man giving a bunch of lost people what they wanted to hear. A guy with 20 Rolls Royce’s is not in it for you. I loved all the feigned outrage about racism when the whole outfit looked about 95% white. And the indignation about how America treated its homeless, and then they trucked them to Nowhere USA and eventually dump them at gunpoint.

VN Store

Back