Wilcox not offered by Texas (yet) Per Dooley

Per JB tonight:

We have confirmed through multiple sources that no official announcement on the situation will be made until after the Bowl game.

Announcements aren't usually held unless there is something to announce.

I think if Wilcox does leave, Dooley can get an equivalent or better DC in place. Dooley is a former attorney, he's a great orator, I do not believe this is a loss to Tennessee. Chaney would have been, Wilcox nnnnaaaaaahhhh.

It would be great to see what Wilcox can do with a lot of talent instead of a little talent here and there...

Dooley just said Texas has not offered Wilcox the DC position...

Thank you! I hate all of these post where everyone is speculating coaching changes. The only people who know are the people involved. This stuff i.e. make and example of Wilcox, Wilcox to TX, etc, etc, is driving me nuts.:crazy:

Wilcox came here for a reason, to rebuild a program and get more experience.

Why would someone uproot their family and go do a lateral move at a Coordinator position. It doesn't make sense.

Thank you! I hate all of these post where everyone is speculating coaching changes. The only people who know are the people involved. This stuff i.e. make and example of Wilcox, Wilcox to TX, etc, etc, is driving me nuts.:crazy:

Why would someone uproot their family and go do a lateral move at a Coordinator position. It doesn't make sense.

Wilcox is a single guy without a family to uproot...

Think about this from the Texas perspective. If this is the best that Mack can do, he has really big problems on his hands down there.

I guess he will announce Dave Clawsen as his OC soon as well.

Think about this from the Texas perspective. If this is the best that Mack can do, he has really big problems on his hands down there.

This. I will be stunned if this is Macks guy.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

So you guys don't like wilcox? Why do you care then?

Wilcox is single. He's not uprooting a family. He probably came here cause he got a raise and not to help rebuild a program.

I would say that more UT fans care more about the stability of the program than they do Wilcox in particular. If he leaves, then that means we'll have our fourth DC in as many seasons next year. Our guys will have to start over yet again. We are sick of the flux.

Wilcox himself? Well, you're clearly hiring him because of the reputation he built out at Boise against the WAC, not because of anything he did in one year in the SEC. We had one of the worst defenses in Tennessee history this year. Yes, our defensive roster was extremely thin, but at no time did we get the sense that Wilcox was doing anything extraordinary to make up for it. I sure don't think most Vol fans think we're losing any kind of a defensive genius or anything.

It's not that I don't like him, it's that the jury is still out on the guy. The Vol defense did not exactly tear it up last season, and it took the guy over half the season to correct the persistant 12-men-on-the-field problem. That might work at A&M, but it cost us a game in Baton Rouge.

With the resources at Texas and what they paid Muschump last year, I would think they could go ut and get a DC with a big name and a more proven track record.

I stand corrected. Wilcox had 13 men on the field against LSU, not 12.

What I hate the most about this whole thing is that it might be distracting to our players while trying to prepare for a bowl game.

God I hate the way this business works sometimes. For one thing, why are contracts not more "iron clad" with these coaches? The buy outs are a joke because big time programs like Texas can spend the money in it's sleep.

VN Store

Back