Wilcox not offered by Texas (yet) Per Dooley

I don't think it is a done deal yet. I think if it were Dooley would probably tell him to go ahead and pack his bags and don't worry about coaching the bowl game.... I dont' think Dooley would trust him to be focused enough to plan/ prepare/ execute for the bowl. The bowl is an important way to end the year recruiting wise and launching into next year, so there is too much at stake to keep a lame duck on board...

JMO

Whether he gets the job or not it don't look good for JW in Dooley's eyes he's looking for the first ship out on a rebuilding program it tells you something about his dedication to this program.

READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!! U.T. Austin Job Posting 101213010807 Wilcox not even close to what they are looking for.

Thank goodness I meet all those qualifications, I'll let you guys in on a little secret, I'm being hired as the next Texas DC. Should be announced within the next few days :loco:

I'll come back here from time to time to get defensive game plan advice from ya!

FWIW, just about everyone on the Texas boards are positive about Wilcox as a potential hire, in a way that they weren't when Teryl Austin was the lead candidate.

I would like to know,what make all of you on this board think that it is,was,Wilcox,put his name out there.Hell,he probley doesn't even know how his name got in the mix.This is just a rumor started by some jerk and there isn't nothing behind any of this.
CJW will be staying here at Ten.and for all of those that have already picked out your next DC,go suck on a sugar-tit.lol GBO

I would like to know,what make all of you on this board think that it is,was,Wilcox,put his name out there.Hell,he probley doesn't even know how his name got in the mix.This is just a rumor started by some jerk and there isn't nothing behind any of this.
CJW will be staying here at Ten.and for all of those that have already picked out your next DC,go suck on a sugar-tit.lol GBO

Dooley wouldn't have said what he said if he was as sure as you are.

Personally, if he wants to be at Texass, then let him go. Leave your $300,000 buyout at the front desk and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

As CDD said, there's plenty of talented coaches out there who would like the opportunity.

link?
and does your space bar not work?

I see some are trying to ridicule you. Just remember They have the same type mentality as some who post on South Carolina type boards.

Dooley wouldn't have said what he said if he was as sure as you are.

Personally, if he wants to be at Texass, then let him go. Leave your $300,000 buyout at the front desk and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

As CDD said, there's plenty of talented coaches out there who would like the opportunity.

What should have Dooley have said?

I think Dooley made it clear. He expects his staff to remain intact. How much more sure can he sound?

Dooley said what I think anyone would want their coach to say regardless if someone was leaving. No one is bigger than the program.

Nice find. It's amazing how rumors get out of control. I'll post it.

Brown reportedly will fill Muschamp's vacated position with former Florida defensive coordinator Teryl Austin. A fish in the back pocket? Time will tell.

Also it's good for conversation and everything but The Vols Defense this year was 70th Nationally and 10th in the SEC. I don't think people are beating down the door for Wilcox quite yet. Eventually one day, but not today.

Just remember They have the same type mentality as some who post on South Carolina type boards.

What the Hell does this even mean? Oh wait, I should know better than to expect a response from Post & Run.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Just goes to show how much crap is out there. Whatever happens, I'll believe it when it ACTUALLY happens:

Homepage | MrSEC.com

--According to VolQuest, “Dooley spent (Sunday) afternoon trying to recruit his first-year defensive head coach to stay in Knoxville.”

Agreed. He is sending the message to Wilcox and all the coaches. If you don't want to be here, then we don't need you. I think he knows that if Texas offers wilcox is gone. I wonder if Dooley has already started putting out feelers for his replacement?

exactly what dooley needed to say. I dont understand why everyone has their panties in a wad here. Hell, halfway thru the season when we were 2-6 this board was full of people asking why the hell did we hire Wilcox, that he was horrible and we made a mistake in bringing him to TN. Now.. .those same people are whining, hoping and praying he doesnt leave?? Who cares! If he doesn't want to be at TN.. I don't want him here.

WWE Raw is live from the University of Texas and Justin Wilcox has NOT been spotted in the crowd or backstage, nor has he joined the Nexxus, contrary to popular belief. :loco:

They're saying that Ric Flair has an unexpected announcement. Could it be????

Wilcox is not leaving because CDD taught him to say "What up dawg!!"

CDD is da man!!:loco:

VN Store

Back