Why was Maurer pulled?

sounds like an excuse. so when he does and he stinks, what will it be? "oh, it was his first time out". then "oh, it was his first time...fill in the blank".

all we heard about was all these freshmen qbs across the country doing well, he gets his shot.....stinks it up passing like we already knew......and here comes the excuses. is he ur son?
You and a few others are unbelievable. PAY MORE ATTENTION TO YOUR TEAM! JG takes the snaps with the 1s. Not BM not JTS. As a qb you can’t possibly get in sink with receivers you don’t practice with. The fact that he was out there with the 1s today for the first time with no practice, in a hostile environment with literally 3 drives of experience in college football speaks for itself. He was running on straight natural ability and given the circumstances was very impressive.

So let's ride the guy that couldn't find the endzone against Georgia State for 45 minutes of game time. JG hasn't done a damn thing for the team this year, and is completely clueless.

So let's put the guy in who couldn't beat out JG for the starting job. I'm sure it'll work out. The coaches obviously know nothing.

You and a few others are unbelievable. PAY MORE ATTENTION TO YOUR TEAM! JG takes the snaps with the 1s. Not BM not JTS. As a qb you can’t possibly get in sink with receivers you don’t practice with. The fact that he was out there with the 1s today for the first time with no practice, in a hostile environment with literally 3 drives of experience in college football speaks for itself. He was running on straight natural ability and given the circumstances was very impressive.
negative. short spark, but let's not get carried away.....he got very JG'ish quick.

to be fair, i say play shrout and maurer and see who emerges. JG at this point going forward should be done!

Given the state of this team, I am now quite positive that BM was given every opportunity to beat out JG for the starting job. I'm sure the coaches were praying for it cause they knew how bad JG was. BM couldn't get the job done. Say what you want but if you can't beat out JG you suck.

His first drive was good but overall he didn’t look any better (or worse)...

We’re just not good and as one thread states, it’s painful to watch...

But I’m still orange to the core.

Reactions: awaitingawin
Given that JG has regressed and couldn't put away GSU, it's hard to say they know anything.

Just let that sink in. After the first game loss to a nobody team the coaches still had no faith in BM.

BM only got in the game today because Tennessee is literally in desperation mode. The perverbial hail mary was thrown when they put BM in the game. This is a sign thst this coaching staff has nothing left in the tank. This season is going to be historically bad.

Given the state of this team, I am now quite positive that BM was given every opportunity to beat out JG for the starting job. I'm sure the coaches were praying for it cause they knew how bad JG was. BM couldn't get the job done. Say what you want but if you can't beat out JG you suck.
Like i said, give the kid a few weeks to get in sync with the 1st team and then we shall see....it's not like we will be playing more UTC's any time soon

If it’s not clear to you by now that JP was blowing smoke then you live in a fairy land. BM is more TALENTED. But CJP thought experience gave him the best chance to win. Problem now is he’s already created this idea that the backups aren’t “as good”. BM at the very least showed he was equal today. Put the egg on CJP. Not BM

I have been a fan of UT 66years of my 76 years. This is the worse team to take the field wearing UT uniforms. Tennessee fans you need to admit the truth about this team. This is the highest paid coaches in the country with the highest budget for recruiting. It is apparent that there are coaches that cannot coach. Starting with Coach Pruitt, the line coach, the secondary coach and the defensive line coach! A new offensive line coach should be hired as quick as possible and a secondary coach as well. This team will never improve until this is accomplish. I am fed up with the excuses that is put forth by Coach Pruitt and the news media that does not report the truth about Tenn. football Fran chuck

If it’s not clear to you by now that JP was blowing smoke then you live in a fairy land. BM is more TALENTED. But CJP thought experience gave him the best chance to win. Problem now is he’s already created this idea that the backups aren’t “as good”. BM at the very least showed he was equal today. Put the egg on CJP. Not BM

You act as if CJP didn't have all off season to evaluate his QBs. It's quite clear that there are hundreds of QBs thst could beat out JG for the starting job. BM is not one of those. CJP knew this before the season even began.

He went with experience because there wasn't enough talent there to override the experience.

Good. Because he’s much better than you think and much better than he was given an opportunity to show today.

I was listening to a Vols podcast and the host rightly pointed out that none of the UT QBs were high quality recruits and that people are putting way too much faith in them. This team doesn't have a real starting QB on the roster.

You act as if CJP didn't have all off season to evaluate his QBs. It's quite clear that there are hundreds of QBs thst could beat out JG for the starting job. BM is not one of those. CJP knew this before the season even began.

He went with experience because there wasn't enough talent there to override the experience.
Pruitt also had all off season to prepare for Ga St. How'd that turn out

I was listening to a Vols podcast and the host rightly pointed out that none of the UT QBs were high quality recruits and that people are putting way too much faith in them. This team doesn't have a real starting QB on the roster.
Bingo!! Would add that we do not have a SEC caliber coach that can develop an SEC QB. Florida's QB had not started in 7 yrs. Mullin can develop QB's like no one else

VN Store

Back