WHY - recruits

What was Hurd rated? What was Sutton rated? Ok, I guess I'm done here.
What are you trying to prove here exactly? 1 was a 5 star and a good player 1 was a 3 star and a good player. Sorry but I'll look at Bamas defense as proof for the stars argument. Just bc our staff can't coach up our 5 stars doesn't mean the talent isn't there

Reactions: 3 people
Why is it that TN cannot recruit 4 and 5 star players.
In the past few years, teams that have a roster full of
4 and 5 star recruits are alway playing at the top or near
the top.
Why do the better players not want to come to TN?.

Well let's see here. Last summer TN, Bama and Clemson were predicted to be in the College playoffs. Two succeeded and one disappointed.......:cray:

Reactions: 2 people
the top.
That's a good question for CBJ to ask himself and his staff, especially for in-state prospects. The state of Tennessee had 15 propects rated 4-5 stars (Rivals) for 2017:

https://n.rivals.com/state_rankings/2017/tennessee

Too many went elsewhere. Butch has been at UT long enough to have built good relationships with in-state HS programs. Much has been written and discussed concerning issues Butch needs to fix. He's making some changes, but he needs to get those wrapped up and get on with recruiting.

You gotta get after these kids early and stay after them. You gotta get 2 or 3 highly rated commits early to attract others, instead of taking a lot of early 3-star commits. Generally speaking, 4-5 star recruits aren't going to be so eager to join a class thats already 1/2 to 2/3 full of 3-star recruits.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
the top.

Of greater concern is when many of the four and five stars we do land never live up to their billing. Perhaps we need to improve at developing players. When recruits see more of our guys getting drafted, more will give us greater consideration. That is the momentum we are still trying to regain.

Reactions: 1 person
Relax, it's one class with a plethora of 3 stars, and it's not even finished yet. The first two classes were top 5 and last year's was the highest average star ranking believe it or not.

Relax, relax, we have been in a dumpster for the last ten years and you tell me to relax!.

the top.

We had 14 4 stars in the 15 class how many do you wont.

VN Store

Back