Why only 68k? Butch said if we get 102k Wilson vs Little next year

It was a practice game......

UT HAS NEVER HAD 102,000 PLUS AT ANY GAME! THE OVER 100,000 CROWDS ALWAYS INCLUDE TENS OF THOUSANDS OF FANS OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OPONENT.......

That stadium will never have over 100,000 "just" UT fans.

It's understood they will be converted to VFL after attending Neyland Stadium...Go Vols!!!

I went and it looked about a solid 65 K to me. And hey people have lives. It was just a Spring game. 68 k is a lot. 102 k will never happen unless we win a national title or something.

Yeah I was there as well and I agree.... THERE WERE A LOT OF PEOPLE THERE I MEAN A LOT..,

I hate that PSU beat us in anything. But it makes sense, if you live in Pennsylvania, what the hell else is there to do?

I'm not convinced they did. UT and the other schools provided an actual number (68,548 was the number UT provided). Penn State just said, "72,000+."

Give us a real number or it doesn't count. As far as I'm concerned, Tennessee had the top attendance.

When we were at our peak we didn't get as many to the Spring game as yesterday

Some people have other things to do like work to pay bills, put food on the table, gas in the cars, and basically survive in this awful economy

That's more important than a game that really is just a glorified practice and means absolutely nothing in the big picture of crap to worry about
3 more years of the bad economy ---
and Barry will be gone

Tennessee – 68,548

Georgia– 46,073

South Carolina – 36,412

Florida – 35,834

Mississippi State – 21,710

Vanderbilt – 8,400
We are a Brick. If I am a 18 year old seeing this kind of support is BIG.60,148 more than Vanderbilt!

Per SI

I went and it looked about a solid 65 K to me. And hey people have lives. It was just a Spring game. 68 k is a lot. 102 k will never happen unless we win a national title or something.

April 24, 1999-15,400
so not even a national title can do it

Vols14: it's fine to play off another person's posts--but DO NOT EVER put your words into someone else's quote box!

Those are your words being attributed to me. Not okay here or anywhere.

I sincerely apologize. I had seen it done, and didn't realize it would upset anyone. I was on my way to edit it when I saw that it was deleted. Lesson learned.

As well you should. He's infinitely hateable.... is that a word?

If anchordown can mean something good, then hateable is ok. I mean,when being stuck at the bottom is a good thing then your fan base will believe anything.

it looked more like around 55k than 68k but why such a weak turnout?? seriously considering the way it was marketed and what not. Inexcusable. i guess it's the old win and they will come. Butch did say next year if we get 102K in da house for spring game that leonard little and Al wilson would do the circle of life drill.

I am a season ticket holder. I go to about 75% of home games. Never been to an Orange and White game. Not sure what the hype is all about. I'm just not interested in exhibition/gimmick ball. I watch the Titans every Sunday, I don't ever watch an Exhibition game. I enjoy TN football but I don't LIVE TN football.

I'm no less of a fan than anyone else. If TN had won 15 national championships in a row, I still wouldn't go to an O&W game so it's not about winning/losing. I didn't go in 99 after the National Championship either..

Not raining on the parade, but when I woke up Saturday morning nothing had me wanting to go down to Neyland to watch this.

it looked more like around 55k than 68k but why such a weak turnout?? seriously considering the way it was marketed and what not. Inexcusable. i guess it's the old win and they will come. Butch did say next year if we get 102K in da house for spring game that leonard little and Al wilson would do the circle of life drill.

Hopefully they realized that no TV was a stupid idea.

Shocker that didn't work out. Screwing your fan base doesn't garner support? Who knew!?

Reactions: 1 person
Vols14: it's fine to play off another person's posts--but DO NOT EVER put your words into someone else's quote box!

Those are your words being attributed to me. Not okay here or anywhere.

He put fyp. Letting everyone know he changed what you put in the quote box.

Standard practice here and every other forum I've ever been to. No need to get your panties in a bunch.

I am a season ticket holder. I go to about 75% of home games. Never been to an Orange and White game. Not sure what the hype is all about. I'm just not interested in exhibition/gimmick ball. I watch the Titans every Sunday, I don't ever watch an Exhibition game. I enjoy TN football but I don't LIVE TN football.

I'm no less of a fan than anyone else. If TN had won 15 national championships in a row, I still wouldn't go to an O&W game so it's not about winning/losing. I didn't go in 99 after the National Championship either..

Not raining on the parade, but when I woke up Saturday morning nothing had me wanting to go down to Neyland to watch this.

No offense, but based on your post I'd say you're definitely less of a fan than a lot of guys and gals on here.

If you "enjoy" UT football" but "don't live it"... if you couldn't care less about the O&W game... if you don't follow recruiting religiously.... it doesn't mean you're not a fan, a loyal fan, a somewhat dedicated fan. But IMHO, it definitely means you're less of a fan than guys and gals who do these things.

I'm a Titans fan, but I don't attend games, don't buy jerseys, have attended an away game, will follow but won't live and die their draft this year.... I fully admit that I'm less of a Titans fan than guys who do all these things. Just the way it is.

Reactions: 1 person
No offense, but based on your post I'd say you're definitely less of a fan than a lot of guys and gals on here.

If you "enjoy" UT football" but "don't live it"... if you couldn't care less about the O&W game... if you don't follow recruiting religiously.... it doesn't mean you're not a fan, a loyal fan, a somewhat dedicated fan. But IMHO, it definitely means you're less of a fan than guys and gals who do these things.

I'm a Titans fan, but I don't attend games, don't buy jerseys, have attended an away game, will follow but won't live and die their draft this year.... I fully admit that I'm less of a Titans fan than guys who do all these things. Just the way it is.

He's a season ticket holder. That probably means more to the program than going to a spring exhibition game or checking the internet for recruiting news. But, then, I don't think anyone has ever agreed on a formula with which to gauge fandom.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back