Why only 68k? Butch said if we get 102k Wilson vs Little next year

I hate that PSU beat us in anything. But it makes sense, if you live in Pennsylvania, what the hell else is there to do?

True. They were promoting it big in PA, Hell look how many people show up to see that groundhog. I went to see see that once, was still better than seeing Peen State. GBO

68k is more than I would have thought.. I would have guessed mid 50s so not bad considering we didn't go To a bowl

Reactions: 1 person
After Watching the big 10 network this morning, I feel pretty good about UT's attendance yesterday. They showed highlights of some of their games yesterday, and it was pretty sad, at least it looked that way on TV.

it looked more like around 55k than 68k but why such a weak turnout??

Draw a 300 mile radius around Knoxville and ask what people are doing on the second Saturday in April:

- needing to mow the grass (aka: repairing the mower)
- loading the truck while the wife barks orders outside the local seed/feed & greenhouse
- putting a fresh coat of whitewash on the tractor tire landscaping in the front yard
- tilling Ma's garden
- checking out the new spring fashions at Tractor Supply
- writing 2013 on masking tape labels for the remaining 'shine under the back porch (don't forget to ductape the jar lids so they don't blow when they corrode)
- performing post-winter trailer trash triage (deciding what goes straight from the front porch to roadside for "public pickup")

Last edited:
Draw a 300 mile radius around Knoxville and ask what people are doing on the second Saturday in April:

- needing to mow the grass (aka: repairing the mower)
- loading the truck while the wife barks orders outside the local seed/feed & greenhouse
- putting a fresh coat of whitewash on the tractor tire landscaping in the front yard
- tilling Mom's garden
- checking out the new spring fashions at Tractor Supply
- writing 2013 on masking tape labels for the remaining moonshine in the basement (don't forget to ducktape the jar lids so they don't blow)
- doing post-winter trailer trash triage (deciding what goes off the porch and straight to the street for "public pickup")

There was great attendance at the O&W game. Hell Oklahoma only had 30,000+ show up to theirs.

I went and it looked about a solid 65 K to me. And hey people have lives. It was just a Spring game. 68 k is a lot. 102 k will never happen unless we win a national title or something.

We will never get a 100,000 even if we win 3 straight NC, that's a pretty damn good turn out, now if you would split the teams equal and play real football instead of Madden football a score 130-123 not basketball, I understand about the kickoff put the ball at the 30 and play 10 minute quarters then more would come have a halftime and put own your show, then we would get 85 to 90.

After Watching the big 10 network this morning, I feel pretty good about UT's attendance yesterday. They showed highlights of some of their games yesterday, and it was pretty sad, at least it looked that way on TV.

I watched the big 10 network to some of those teams did not have 10,000, I think one of them had like 5,800.:cray:

It was a practice game......

UT HAS NEVER HAD 102,000 PLUS AT ANY GAME! THE OVER 100,000 CROWDS ALWAYS INCLUDE TENS OF THOUSANDS OF FANS OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OPONENT.......

That stadium will never have over 100,000 "just" UT fans.

OP can decipher between 55k and 68k worth of fans by eyeballing the stadium?
Impressive...

UT HAS NEVER HAD 102,000 PLUS AT ANY GAME! THE OVER 100,000 CROWDS ALWAYS INCLUDE TENS OF THOUSANDS OF FANS OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OPONENT.......

I think you over estimate how well the cup cake opponents fans travel. In the late 90's the 107k stadium was full for every game including the ULALa's and Vandy.

If you factor in that when there is a game people come from other states to watch. Being just a spring game its not in everyone's budget to drive in from out of state. I'm thinking that 65k was an outstanding number.

Yes it has had a 100,000 UT fans back when it was sold out every game and Vandy would come to town.

I didn't go to the game but I saw other spring games on tv Clemson,fsu,arizona,oklahoma, top programs and noting like 68,000 people there so why gripe ut is showing a lot of promise

it looked more like around 55k than 68k but why such a weak turnout?? seriously considering the way it was marketed and what not. Inexcusable. i guess it's the old win and they will come. Butch did say next year if we get 102K in da house for spring game that leonard little and Al wilson would do the circle of life drill.

You're just the worst

Ever.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back