Why not Peyton on the Jumbotron?

Like butchna said. Peyton already has so much in his name. Tee has a street. Al and jason deserve some love

Have you seen Tee Martin Street, go to Gate 10, much love for Ole Tee. It's a darn shame. It will be gone with the up coming renovations, and we wonder why he stayed in LA.

Maybe it's as simple as Dish Network is an official corporate sponsor of UT and Manning is a Directv guy (sponsor).

I love Peyton! Along with Reggie White, he is the cornerstone of UT football since the 50's....but Vol fans need to be careful. We don't need to base ALL our love on just 1 guy.

Remember the ole Bama joke about living off a "dead Bear."

I love Peyton! Along with Reggie White, he is the cornerstone of UT football since the 50's....but Vol fans need to be careful. We don't need to base ALL our love on just 1 guy.

Remember the ole Bama joke about living off a "dead Bear."

I think you forgot something.

Reactions: 1 person
I’d like to see the Iceman up there for awhile. EB deserves a turn. There are dozens of guys that deserve a run on the scoreboard.

Last edited:
Doesn't Peyton have a street named after him in K'ville? Why not Tee, who won a NC? Seems a little racist.

Stop it. Utter ridiculousness. Buck Belue was your QB in 1980 when you guys won the NC....does he have his ugly mug on Sanford stadium? Got his own street named after him in Athens like Tee does in Knoxville? He completed 49% of his passes that year, 11 tds, 9 picks. I’m assuming you think he was the reason Uga won it that year, kinda like you’re assuming Tee was the reason we won in ‘98. Both assumptions are obviously wrong.

Reactions: 3 people
Stop it. Utter ridiculousness. Buck Belue was your QB in 1980 when you guys won the NC....does he have his ugly mug on Sanford stadium? Got his own street named after him in Athens like Tee does in Knoxville? He completed 49% of his passes that year, 11 tds, 9 picks. I’m assuming you think he was the reason Uga won it that year, kinda like you’re assuming Tee was the reason we won in ‘98. Both assumptions are obviously wrong.
That’s my boy! :clapping:

Reactions: 2 people

We don't name streets after college football players.

Reactions: 4 people
But we’re racist when we don’t?.....even though we do? And black guys, too.

Dude, you really sound like an idiot. No offense.

That’s not very gentlemanly of you. And Karma keeps record of such. Karma..........she remembers.

That’s not very gentlemanly of you. And Karma keeps record of such. Karma..........she remembers.

Guess you don’t wanna talk this much more since you’ve been shown to be a hypocrite here. That’s fine, we’ll just let it lie. Btw, Karma “shmarma”

Reactions: 1 person
It's probably because of the title 9 thing. The University doesn't want the bad press if it rears its ugly head again in the near future.

VN Store

Back