Why is Volnation Football Forum so Quiet?

I am excited about the season an think we will surprise a number of posters. The team seems to be much more excited than most of the doom and doom posters on this board. Heres to the coaches and players who are doing the dirty work to achieve a 7-5; 8-4 regular season record. I think they will meet that level of success this Fall.

I like the sound of it!

I get super pumped before every season. This year is different. Every year I get way up and the past few years have really hurt. I'm just trying a different approach this season. I'll tell myself not to get hyped up, then I will anyway, then I'll be disappointed again. I love the vols always have always bleed orange. My health and sanity mean more to me these days though. I've broken tvs, I've broken cell phones, I've driven home from Neyland mad, and been to many great volunteers football games. The vols were always me and my fathers favorite thing in the world. I've lost him, but in some strange way the I know I'll still hear him cheering and cussing the vols. What I wouldn't give to see another 1995 ut vs ala football game

We haven't had good coaching, but we actually might have a sleeper in that department. Battered Vol Syndrome says "no way" though.
Depending on the way the SEC parses out the schedule with OK and TX onboarding, it might end up being a positive. Over a few beers the other night, a buddy explained the "Pod" system. Gotta say, as a season ticket holder, the 9 game SEC schedule will weed out some powder puff games (hate it that those small schools aren't going to get their payday, but honestly - with a 400 mile R/T to Neyland in back - those tickets on many occasions have just dried up and blown away in the drawer at home). Rotating in Schools that once were in a different division is going to bring some variety to Neyland, and I'm all for that. AND... I don't mind if Bama ends up in a different pod (a few years ago I'd have thought "blashemey"). I'll pull against them no matter what Pod they land in.

As for recruiting, Heupel already has a reputation of being an ex QB that develops QB's. Major obstacle is getting the NCAA stuff as a "known" so other schools can't use it to sabotage the process. That done, a few unexpected wins, and it'll be a good draw again.

At the end of the Dooley Era, I thought the bar was at the lowest spot. Along came Jones, and at the end of his era, it seemed lower. Then Pruitt and now we are transitioning between his Era and the new coach. I wonder.. is this the lowest the bar will get? It CAN get lower as the last 3 coaches have shown. It wouldn't surprise me if Heupel tanked as a Power 5 coach. I'm quiet battered as are most of us.
I guarantee the way the schedule works for Tennessee it will have florida,georgia,alabama, and Oklahoma in consecutive order every year, while bama will get lsu or someone replaced and get texas and Vanderbilt every year

I been reading/posting on Volnation for many years, but I’ve never seen the football forum so quite, only 3 weeks from the season opener?
Probably can’t blame it on Covid or politics,
But it’s more likely that many Vols fans are still in shock over what’s happened over the past 9 months.
I’m trying to get excited, but it’s difficult, especially after the Pruitt cheating debacle and Tennessee awaiting NCAA penalties.
Still
Go Vols

Most folks are in wait & see mode and not much to say until we see results on the field.

I been reading/posting on Volnation for many years, but I’ve never seen the football forum so quite, only 3 weeks from the season opener?
But it’s more likely that many Vols fans are still in shock over what’s happened over the past 9 months.
I’m trying to get excited, but it’s difficult, especially after the Pruitt cheating debacle and Tennessee awaiting NCAA penalties.
Still
Go Vols

For me, finally the reality has set in that our program is at a low ebb that even a coaching change couldn't create optimism.

The Pruitt era was much worse than Butch's. The record in the last year. The number of players lost off the active roster. The number of decommits from high level players. Then the stake in the chest that was idiots brazenly cheating in recruiting and full on embarrassment. It finally took a toll on the program. Our only hope right now is that we have enough talent that can be coached up to get us to 6 wins. I think we have a head coach now that is not a moron that will look to curb stomp an opponent given the opportunity. With that said, we look like we'll have to rely on mostly 3 star talent in recruiting for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: aredfox28
Still
Go Vols
. It’s BVS and apathy over the last 15 years

Reactions: spyfish007
BVS, BVS, BVS

Then you have coaching change and a large % of the roster change. As mentioned elsewhere people at not sure what to expect and well this is an opinion board and hard to have an opinion when you aren't sure what we will see. The main things I see debated are QB and record. Usually there are more debates happening with analysis about past years trigging more debate.

Summary give it a year....or maybe a few games....or maybe just 1.

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
Pruitt and by extension Fulmer da*n near destroyed this program.

Everyone's still in shock and just waiting to see what Heupel can do.

I am very cautiously optimistic this offense is gonna give the program the jolt it needs. They need to step up recruiting and win some games convincingly early though.

I dont expect Heupel to rejuvenate the program like Pearl did in basketball but it is bound to be more enjoyable than the drudgery of the Pruitt era. Most every game was either an embarassing beat down or waiting for Guarantano to screw up.

Also have to keep in mind most kids at UT can't remember when the Vols were at the top of their game. And most kids don't use this type of platform for their social media anymore.

In closing, scr*w Pruitt.

Others have said, but it all boils down to lowered expectations for this season. Everyone else is excited and talking positively about our most hated rivals, and even teams that we would consider lesser programs like ole miss seem to be on the rise. I hope Heupel surprises, he may have the X's and the O's but UT doesn't have the Jimmie's and the Joe's to be worth watching this year.

I used to read five times as much content here as I do now, and would comment easily 10x as much.

The state of the program wears you down, sure, and that's gotta be part of it. But the much larger part, for me, is the negativity of big parts of this community. The inexcusably large number of trolls and denigrators of our program. They've pushed me back from the place to an extent. I even take week- or month-long breaks now, which I never did in the first few years on board.

And that's a pity, because there are some great folks here. I miss hearing from a lot of them, so I know they're doing the same.

Go Vols!
This.

Everybody wants to win on the field, and yeah, we’ve had a tough go of it the last ten years. But I can guarantee you that every year I’m gonna be back in my seats, throwing the best tailgate on the south side of the stadium, and going into every game with pride. It’s a bummer to come on here and see so many trolls and haters—almost like being negative is the cool thing to do. Do I want to win? Absolutely. But At the end of the day, I’m a Tennessee fan and that isn’t changing.

I used to read five times as much content here as I do now, and would comment easily 10x as much.

The state of the program wears you down, sure, and that's gotta be part of it. But the much larger part, for me, is the negativity of big parts of this community. The inexcusably large number of trolls and denigrators of our program. They've pushed me back from the place to an extent. I even take week- or month-long breaks now, which I never did in the first few years on board.

And that's a pity, because there are some great folks here. I miss hearing from a lot of them, so I know they're doing the same.

Go Vols!
Pruitt and JG wore me down,, I just sort of
lost interest after all the posts of JG. I'm
just trying to recharge my battery and hopefully
try to be optimistic about the new season.

For me, finally the reality has set in that our program is at a low ebb that even a coaching change couldn't create optimism.
Normally optimism from a coaching change comes because you feel like you are just 1 coach away from success. But in this case we fired a coach for cheating, lost most of the top talented players, and have unknown sanctions staring right at the program.

Reactions: BreatheUT

Go Vols!
You are dead on.

Why is Volnation Football Forum so Quiet?

Prolly a-cause ther ain bin much to talk bout. An whas ther's bin has bin so disspir-ting. Buh thet mae be bout tuh chang.
woozy-300x169.jpg

make me wander if florida gators or geoergia bulldogs are posting in here with negativy and making us post less?

You don't have to blame Fla or Ga or anyone else. We have a large number of home grown trolls' or what ever. They have been fertilized and grown by leaps and bounds for several years now by the poor state of the program.

Reactions: volsknx

VN Store

Back