Why is there such a quarrel with Christianity today?

People are aggressive towards christians because its an easy target. Its like playing dodge ball and immediately going after the skinny, clumsy kid in glasses. Its easy, you'll probably get your shot in, and there will be little chance of retaliation.

What is funny is the same people who want to sh!t on Christians usually stand up for muslims. You can see this everywhere, including on this board. These are also the same people who actually believe words hurt. They are willing to sling insults at the wicked Jesus freak but don't you dare utter a trigger word around them when there is no safeplace within reach..

As a sociopath, why do you give a ****?

Reactions: 5 people
Might I suggest, like most things, it's not that it's any better or worse, it's just you now are more aware of it because of the vast improvements in communication?

Also, it's already been said, but you can't really judge things based on anonymous internet posts.

Reactions: 1 person
All hat, no cattle, again.

Guess you missed the most recent example in the Swedish Revenge thread. Just a quick example that was easy to find. I blurred the person's name and avatar out, don't want to point fingers and whatnot..

Attachments

• oops.png
    oops.png
    67.1 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: 5 people
Guess you missed the most recent example in the Swedish Revenge thread. Just a quick example that was easy to find. I blurred the person's name and avatar out, don't want to point fingers and whatnot..

Strike 2.

There is no defense of Islam in that post. Try again.

Reactions: 6 people
I haven't seen anyone defend Islam itself. What has been defended is the right to practice Islam. What has also been defended against are the arguments by some - that all practitioners of Islam are dangerous or evil. If someone comes on here and attempts to say that Islam is logical or doesn't require a leap of faith by its followers like some on here claim regarding Christianity, you will see the same people you claim are defending Islam dissecting it and challenging those assertions. However, to my knowledge, we have no Islamic folks on the board willing to defend their faith.

That is probably the Atheism+ crowd, aka The Regressives. Many of them do defend Islam in a strange way and it really doesn't make a lot of sense.

I agree that defending one's right to be Islamic does not equal "defending" Islam and I think a sizable amount of Christian apologists make that mistake, but there are the atheists that bend over backwards to defend Muslims do exist.

That is probably the Atheism+ crowd, aka The Regressives. Many of them do defend Islam in a strange way and it really doesn't make a lot of sense.

I agree that defending one's right to be Islamic does not equal "defending" Islam and I think a sizable amount of Christian apologists make that mistake, but there are the atheists that bend over backwards to defend Muslims do exist.

Defending Muslims is different than defending the religion of Islam. I haven't seen that, but I could have missed it.

Reactions: 4 people
Strike 2.

There is no defense of Islam in that post. Try again.

backpedal.gif

Provide a coherent argument demonstrating how that post defends Islam.

I didn't even mention Islam. The post was a tongue in cheek statement about beatings of refugees in Sweden, where 1 in 3 are atheist. Hence, the godless thugs comment. The refugees are homeless, hence that portion of the remark.

Several posters on this board, who identify as Christians, were defending the random violence as acceptable. I found that somewhat inconsistent with their espoused religious views.

Reactions: 9 people

I didn't even mention Islam. The post was a tongue in cheek statement about beatings of refugees in Sweden, where 1 in 3 are atheist. Hence, the godless thugs comment. The refugees are homeless, hence that portion of the remark.

Several posters on this board, who identify as Christians, were defending the random violence as acceptable. I found that somewhat inconsistent with their espoused religious views.

see animated gif above.

29XYmgE.gif

Reactions: 2 people

Your last sentence says a lot IMO. It seems that there are some who think because a person is a Christian that said person is supposed to be perfect. That the belief in God and the study of his word automatically make you incapable of sin. People need to realize that Christians are human beings. We are not above making terrible mistakes or thinking terrible things. Christians screw up just as much as non believers IMO. As a matter of fact, its our screw ups that make us human.

I see a lot of these comments you're talking about. Most people have a problem with Jesus over religion imo. Take what is taught in schools, there's never an outcry from the aclu over the things taught about islam or buddhism, etc. let a school offer a creation class though, and it's all over the news. Maybe it's different in different parts of the country, but that's what I've seen.

Your last sentence says a lot IMO. It seems that there are some who think because a person is a Christian that said person is supposed to be perfect. That the belief in God and the study of his word automatically make you incapable of sin. People need to realize that Christians are human beings. We are not above making terrible mistakes or thinking terrible things. Christians screw up just as much as non believers IMO. As a matter of fact, its our screw ups that make us human.
My big beef with atheist is anytime you talk about church or God they're all "don't want to hear it ", but make any mistake and they'll be the first to throw God, the bible, or "you're supposed to be a Christian " in your face.

My big beef with atheist is anytime you talk about church or God they're all "don't want to hear it ", but make any mistake and they'll be the first to throw God, the bible, or "you're supposed to be a Christian " in your face.

So what you're saying is that you are getting tired of people pointing out the various ways you're being hypocritical?

Reactions: 6 people
So what you're saying is that you are getting tired of people pointing out the various ways you're being hypocritical?

I think he's saying most atheists read and study the bible more than most Christians. Kind of odd that they do that don't you think?

I think he's saying most atheists read and study the bible more than most Christians. Kind of odd that they do that don't you think?

jmo but what I think he's saying is that atheists complain when Christians bring up faith, the Bible, etc. in conversations... but then given the opportunity to say something negative about Christianity, atheists will often interject it into the conversation just as much if not more.

I see that happen a fair amount in some of these forums.

Reactions: 2 people

I'm not sure that's what he's asserting and I don't think it's odd at all. Reading the source that an opponent is basing his assertions on should be pretty high on the list of defending a position.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
jmo but what I think he's saying is that atheists complain when Christians bring up faith, the Bible, etc. in conversations... but then given the opportunity to say something negative about Christianity, atheists will often interject it into the conversation just as much if not more.

I see that happen a fair amount in some of these forums.

Best way to shut atheists up is to stop trying to influence public policy based on your flavor of religion.

Reactions: 7 people

How do you get that? Being a Christian doesn't mean you're perfect. We make mistakes, and I never deny that. Thats the purpose of Christ dying for me. Hypocritical is claiming to not believe in God or the bible, but as soon as you see a Christian make a mistake you throw God and the bible in our face. You claim you don't want to be judged by our God and beliefs, yet do the very thing to us. Thats what I'm saying.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back