Why Does Spurrier Hate Us So Much?

The Reason Spurrier hates us so much is simple. He has owned the Vols for sooo many years/decades that it just burns him to ever accept losing to us. Historically, the old and getting older ball coach and his superior coaching mind have had their way with us every which way one can imagine. So as we get stronger and push back, well, that just pisses him off because he counts on a W every year when he faces us.

Let's continue to piss him off. The more he hates us, the better the Vols are doing!

Steve Spurrier Quotes

On Tennessee and the Citrus Bowl… “You can’t spell Citrus without UT”

After being asked if he thought Florida would beat Georgia… “Is Ray Goff still coaching there?”

“I know why Peyton came back for his senior year: he wanted to be a three-time Citrus Bowl MVP”

“In 12 years at Florida, I don’t think we ever signed a kid from the state of Alabama…Of course, we found out later that the scholarships they were giving out at Alabama were worth a whole lot more than ours.”

In response to an Auburn dorm fire that burned books… “but the real tragedy was that fifteen hadn’t been colored yet.”

“You know what FSU stands for, don’t you? Free Shoes University”

On Georgia recruiting… “Why is it that during recruiting season they sign all the great players, but when it comes time to play the game, we have all the great players? I don’t understand that. What happens to them?”

On Danny Wuerffel taking hits… “I think he’s sort of a New Testament guy. He gets slapped in the face, and he turns the other cheek. He says, ‘Lord, forgive them, for they know not what they do.’ I’m probably more of an Old Testament guy, an eye for an eye. You spear our guy in the ear hole and we think we’re supposed to be able to spear you in the ear hole. That’s how we’re a little different.”

On playing Georgia the second week of the season… “I don’t know. I sort of always liked playing them that second game because you could always count on them having two or three key players suspended.”

On South Carolina's 52-7 win over the Razorbacks: "I do feel badly for Arkansas. That's no fun getting your butt beat at home, homecoming and all that."

I don't care who ya r----that's funny right thar!

Thanks for sharing....but all those quotes do make it sweeter when the 'Ol Ball Sac...errrr...Coach gets mad enough to throw his visor down or walk out of a post-game interview after gettin' his own Azz whooped--especially by da Vols....

I just like him either way--he's funny!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_lKiZDVXLA[/youtube]

There isn't a sweeter tasting victory than when we beat Florida. I haven't tasted it in ten years. It's time

damn makes me want to put some gear on and give my all for Tennessee

Seems like this question has been bantered about on here before, but I figured it was time to finally settle this once and for all.

So, I know the guy was born in East Tennessee but went to Florida where he won a Heisman that Peyton Manning would laugh at.

Then went on to coach Florida. Then went on to coach SC.

But what exactly is his beef with UT? This guy has always seemed to hate us to death, which I find a bit bizarre for a Tennessee fellow.

I like the Ole' Ball Coach. He seems genuine, although often hard to figure out. He isn't like Saban, who is just a generally ungrateful scumbag that happens to be a good college coach and can convince parents to send their children to him for Scum Tutoring 101.

But what gives with Spurrier? Why does he hate us so much? He's typically kicked our asses, despite these last couple of years, yet still hates our guts.

Oh, and this:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fIq16Vq2Ng[/youtube]

Now that's just funny right there.

He's a beeotch..... A whiny lil beeotch.... I hate him to his stankin' maggot infested Gator core.

Reactions: 1 person
The only issue I have with him is when his team beats my team. Other than that, I chuckle at his attempt at humor. Same song, different drummer...... I was at the 2013 SC game, it was a win, it was a close win, but it was still, South Carolina, they used to be like Vandy, till he got there, another "W" on the schedule. CBJ brings new blood to the program.... He ain't scared.....time to run it up on a few teams and revive some rivalries. GO VOLS! WIN em ALL!

It all comes down to hating to lose. He will use any method he thinks might give him an edge to win. Hence "Free shoes University"; " You can't spell Citrus Bowl without UT." Personally I love the the guy..and hate him on game day..but its a respectful kind of hate :)

I think the competition and little digs that Spurrier throws at UT spices up the rivalry and I wonder if UT ever contacted Spurrier after CPF stepped down in 2008 about replacing him.

trolling?:ermm:

Not trolling. Back in 2004 the question was posed and it was also mentioned how our fanbase didn't like him. Then the commentator voiced a good point. He sais something to the effect of "yeah but that's because we couldn't beat him. If he was our coach the fans would feel different". And, I have to agree with that statement.

But what exactly is his beef with UT? This guy has always seemed to hate us to death

But what gives with Spurrier? Why does he hate us so much? He's typically kicked our asses, despite these last couple of years, yet still hates our guts.

He was a huge Vols fan growing up and wanted to come here but we wouldn't change our offense for him so he has made it a point to run us down, that's why and that's why he is Richard.
To be honest we should have changed our offense it was dated..

penis envy-the ole ball less coach 84-45 @ USCe sees the writing on the wall. He's done this year. All the boy can do is live in his past glory.

He's likely staying more than this year. He's only 16 wins from being the only coach in college football to have won 100 games at two schools (let alone, two major schools).

He doesnt have a problem with Tennessee.

He's equal opportunity and needles everybody except Florida and Duke.

I thought he needled you guys a bit the first few years at South Carolina? Perhaps I was mistaken though.

VN Store

Back